'Twas The Night Before 4/20 - Justin's Journal

Shot Guys, yes they came back nicely with the smaller growth pumping so I'm happy with that.

Just a quick question to you all, am I correct in saying some plants may be N heavy feeders.
Have a look at this 6 plants and you will notice the GG that are a bit lighter than the others.

420-magazine-mobile457207676.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1707081744.jpg

Can I go ahead and increase the N slightly on those ? What are your guys thoughts

No I'd say they are nice bit all plants need to be dark green. I actually prefer lighter brighter green bud..

Also consider if you go to high N yams get excess N then your plants immune system becomes weaker essentially. But get others views mine is only a opinion not a fact .

No I'd say they are nice bit all plants need to be dark green. I actually prefer lighter brighter green bud..

Also consider if you go to high N yams get excess N then your plants immune system becomes weaker essentially. But get others views mine is only a opinion not a fact .
I just did a bunch of research on N actually

N toxic leaves are more susceptible to fungus.
I like lighter buds also:)
Personally, leaves look healthier to me when slightly N heavy so I was surprised to find that. N heavy leaves appear tougher but are not.
Possibly all the fake plants around all dark and shiny, now looks normal to me lol.

Looking good, but with the GG I would give them epsom salts. Looks like they are magnesium whores.

Or give them a heavy dose of blackstrap molasses. 2 large tablespoons dissolved in some boiling water.

Wouldnt the boiling water destroy the good stuff in the molasses? or does it get activated that way?
Nahh, it's mostly minerals etc. The boiling water is just to dissolve it in (at least, that's how i do it cause it's a bit quicker). Big jug, molasses, 2 cups boiling water, stir to dissolve, add cool (tap/bottled/ozone enriched/ whatever) water, LEAVE TO COOL DOWN COMPLETELY (NB, unless you like your roots boiled), whack on plants. ✌

Nahh, it's mostly minerals etc. The boiling water is just to dissolve it in (at least, that's how i do it cause it's a bit quicker). Big jug, molasses, 2 cups boiling water, stir to dissolve, add cool (tap/bottled/ozone enriched/ whatever) water, LEAVE TO COOL DOWN COMPLETELY (NB, unless you like your roots boiled), whack on plants. ✌

Thanks, was just reading about how they make it and it involves a bunch of boiling anyways.

Thanks for all the advice guys, so to wrap things up I should look for a possible deficiency of N and then up it, rather than upping it now and having a N toxicity down the line.

With regards to Molasses, I really don't have that much difficulty in mixing it up, but I also don't keep it in the fridge so that might explain it. I'm currently giving her molasses every 3rd feed with a 1ml per litre ratio. Should I be changing something with regards to that feeding pattern or dosages

Looking good, but with the GG I would give them epsom salts. Looks like they are magnesium whores.
Epsom salts or Calmag or both? I know the ES is essentially for Magnesium so what you saying is calcium is not a real requirements?
Then I must ask, why Epsom Salt or Calmag if Molasses contain both Calcium and Magnesium if I'm correct?

Shot for the info non the less brother

Epsom salts or Calmag or both? I know the ES is essentially for Magnesium so what you saying is calcium is not a real requirements?
Then I must ask, why Epsom Salt or Calmag if Molasses contain both Calcium and Magnesium if I'm correct?

Shot for the info non the less brother

Also of interest a person in my journal said that plants under LED are more calmag hungry.

You can also use calmag, but remember it contains a fair amount of nitrogen. I usually alternate, so I won't give calmag with nutes. So something like this:

Biobizz
nothing
Biobizz
Calmag

I suggested molasses for the more organic approach. Even if you go with calmag, swap out the calmag for molasses sometimes. Your plants will love it. I promise. 1ml/L is not much bud. I give anywhere between 3 and 6ml/L of water.

Back
Top Bottom