'Twas The Night Before 4/20 - Justin's Journal

K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, silly. Only spray 1 foliar at a time, because it will help identify any problems that might arise - nute burn, make that solution weaker, toxicity, don't spray with Mg any more, etc etc. It helps prevent a situation where everything goes bits up & you don't know where what went wrong. Also, plain water between feeds. Prevents salt build up, which is nasty.

Yeah the calmag additive is the only salt based nute I'm using at the moment. All other sprays are organic so I haven't seen any salt build up before. With the next run I'l be a bit heavier on the calmag though so will watch out for that. Justin is running LEDs like me and I've been told a few times now that plants under leds like more calmag. I've been giving calmag on almost every feed watering and the plants just seem to suck it all up.

I just did a bunch of research on N actually

N toxic leaves are more susceptible to fungus.
I like lighter buds also:)
Personally, leaves look healthier to me when slightly N heavy so I was surprised to find that. N heavy leaves appear tougher but are not.
Possibly all the fake plants around all dark and shiny, now looks normal to me lol.

True I've learned so many wonderful things here man it's awesome .

Also of interest a person in my journal said that plants under LED are more calmag hungry.

They require more cal mag the. Your standard hid lights..

Guys, Pat is having problems with his plants but he admitted to not checking the ph. He hasn't really been using any nutes and is in the Freedom farms living soil. I read allot about not having to ph when using a living soil so I'm not sure if this is the problem. It could be potassium...I dont know. What you guys think? Should he be checking his ph? Is the buffer fucked? Sun...I still have the receipt for the microbial tea, but bear in mind his plant is in flower and has just started shooting pistols.
420-magazine-mobile1889288912.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1444341210.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1837448899.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2113287899.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1002572739.jpg

Guys, Pat is having problems with his plants but he admitted to not checking the ph. He hasn't really been using any nutes and is in the Freedom farms living soil. I read allot about not having to ph when using a living soil so I'm not sure if this is the problem. It could be potassium...I dont know. What you guys think? Should he be checking his ph? Is the buffer fucked? Sun...I still have the receipt for the microbial tea, but bear in mind his plant is in flower and has just started shooting pistols.

I think doing a tea is you best bet.... I've seen some good recipe on here. If you do use guano with high potassium, some molasses, kelp extract and water... bubble that for a couple of days and feed. The tea would also help getting some microbes going... which such help overall

SUP PAT . . .

Yeah the calmag additive is the only salt based nute I'm using at the moment. All other sprays are organic so I haven't seen any salt build up before. With the next run I'l be a bit heavier on the calmag though so will watch out for that. Justin is running LEDs like me and I've been told a few times now that plants under leds like more calmag. I've been giving calmag on almost every feed watering and the plants just seem to suck it all up.
Are we using the granular Calmag Nitrate plus?if so at what ratio , and truly every feed? Think I've used it twice and remember Blaze mentioning using it more in flower which I would like to do with some guidance. I have the granular Calmag also

Are we using the granular Calmag Nitrate plus?if so at what ratio , and truly every feed? Think I've used it twice and remember Blaze mentioning using it more in flower which I would like to do with some guidance. I have the granular Calmag also

I was doing epsom salt and molasses on every feed and when I got that granular Calmag Nitrate it was during flower and I started using it on all the feeds too but yeah can't give any more feedback after the busted grow. I was using very little, the packets came with instructions on how to buffer coco peat with it. So my measurement was a guestemate. Don't forget my username... :rofl:

Hi. Are these plants Pat's?
Where tf is Pat anyway, it's like he's been gone since June...
Anyway, the good news is that most people struggle with organics & living soil in pots. Pots only hold x amount of available fertilisers. Plants (species & strain are factors, as well as plant size, environment etc) use up nutes in different quantities. The nutes all work together in harmony when everything is available in acceptable quantities, but because organics is all harmonious & hippie & it's all interconnected, man, the paw-paw hits the fan when some nutes/minerals run out. Non issues become huge deals because (again) it's all connected, man (please imagine tommy chong saying that last bit).
Ok, so that's the bad news when it comes to living soil. Organics is much, much harder in a pot than any other medium.
Secondly, the additional nutes & ferts need to be in line with the living soil - can't go fully chem on the additives, especially ones with preservatives etc in, cause it will damage all the lil soil creatures, causing, you guessed it, all sorts of problems. I dunno what Pat's done so far, but when my potted pot starts looking remotely like that, i flush & repot ASAFP. Root problems can easily develop in unblalanced organic soil

I would mix up molasses, small dose of epsom, fulvic acid and em-prosoil. Drench the soil. Then leave them to dry out almost to the point of wilting. Looks like a combination of problems, that could be due to overwatering or pH issues or both. If I remember correctly, Pat likes to drop his pH using pH down with every watering. I found that to cause problems with freedom farms soil. If he is chasing a fix, then overwatering rears its ugly head.

Hi. Are these plants Pat's?
Where tf is Pat anyway, it's like he's been gone since June...
Anyway, the good news is that most people struggle with organics & living soil in pots. Pots only hold x amount of available fertilisers. Plants (species & strain are factors, as well as plant size, environment etc) use up nutes in different quantities. The nutes all work together in harmony when everything is available in acceptable quantities, but because organics is all harmonious & hippie & it's all interconnected, man, the paw-paw hits the fan when some nutes/minerals run out. Non issues become huge deals because (again) it's all connected, man (please imagine tommy chong saying that last bit).
Ok, so that's the bad news when it comes to living soil. Organics is much, much harder in a pot than any other medium.
Secondly, the additional nutes & ferts need to be in line with the living soil - can't go fully chem on the additives, especially ones with preservatives etc in, cause it will damage all the lil soil creatures, causing, you guessed it, all sorts of problems. I dunno what Pat's done so far, but when my potted pot starts looking remotely like that, i flush & repot ASAFP. Root problems can easily develop in unblalanced organic soil
Sorry, hit send by accident:
Root problems in organic soil, right:
If the roots look in any way unhealthy (eg root rot brown), trim away the actual dead roots & repot in healthy soil. Has he added any aeration material to the soil mix?
Also, remove that drip tray from the pot immediately, never ever leave a saucer etc directly under the pot, non-drainage = disaster!
Maybe smell the runoff water - if it smells stale /swampy yucky, it's drainage issues & he needs to repot.
Basically, organics on a large scale with living soil is super easy. Small scale, a better bet would be coco or hydro. Not to be a party pooper, but i'd rather piss him off than have him lose his harvest, you know what i mean?

Wow, they look beautiful!!

REPS!!

OOPS: Need to spread the love before repping you again.

Gave the ladies 36 hours dark period unlike my first round where I simply just changed the time the lights stayed on/off. They really took off after that 36 hrs.

420-magazine-mobile1264452746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile683229218.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89859423.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1784841983.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1642877281.jpg

Have a lekka day u all.
It's a good thing you took pics before & after, so next year/ grow you can remember why you did it
(I usually forget to do it, never took pics when i did, so i forget why i need to do it)
Looking sexy sexy...

It's a good thing you took pics before & after, so next year/ grow you can remember why you did it
(I usually forget to do it, never took pics when i did, so i forget why i need to do it)
Looking sexy sexy...
They certainly took off and I'll never forget that for sure, those extra couple of days did a great job so thank you for that. I was getting to a point where I had to switch to get the stretch over with before I hit the road for a few days on holiday. I unfortunately couldn't give the full week but the growth was noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom