Two autos

Listersmeghead

20210522_140354.jpg

Amnesia auto, week 8 and Orange sherbert auto, day 27.
20210522_140416.jpg

Yey!!!! Is this going to be the start of a journal eventually??
They look awesome mate.. I will be watching their progress very closely.
Have you grown these strains before??

I may need you help shortly as well if you don't mind. I've just germinated a white widow auto. I've never grown an auto before so I'm a bit unsure on the training of them..

Keep posting updates mate..
:thumb:

Yey!!!! Is this going to be the start of a journal eventually??
They look awesome mate.. I will be watching their progress very closely.
Have you grown these strains before??

I may need you help shortly as well if you don't mind. I've just germinated a white widow auto. I've never grown an auto before so I'm a bit unsure on the training of them..

Keep posting updates mate..
:thumb:
I'm trying to gear up to do a journal squiggle.
I'm always around to help you out bud.

Looking good buddy :thumb: . I've decided not to train my Orange Sherbert. Wasn't happy it was healthy enough to top and not stunt it. Also I always train the plants so thought with these 3 it would be good to just let them grow naturally and see how they turn out. Might bend some of the side branches out if needed.

Looking good buddy :thumb: . I've decided not to train my Orange Sherbert. Wasn't happy it was healthy enough to top and not stunt it. Also I always train the plants so thought with these 3 it would be good to just let them grow naturally and see how they turn out. Might bend some of the side branches out if needed.
Thanks vet.
Tbh its really difficult to train a auto in a 2 gallon like yours. I don't top autos anymore, as some it does set back (not all) but not worth the risk to me. And in a 2 gallon there's nowhere to tie them down . You've made a good choice for the size of pot.
The old adage is true, bigger pot, bigger plant, more training.

I've topped and trained autos previously in smaller pots but they were growing really vigorously. I've still got plenty of the Skywalker Haze seeds and a couple of Pineapple Express so I'll run those again and try topping and training them.

This journal will give you a laugh. How I crammed 3 autos in a bedside cabinet :laugh:

I've topped and trained autos previously in smaller pots but they were growing really vigorously. I've still got plenty of the Skywalker Haze seeds and a couple of Pineapple Express so I'll run those again and try topping and training them.
I've seen the magic you pull out of small pots vet, I believe you could grow a flowring Apple tree in a thimble.

preparing a 7gallon pot for autos

I pre-soak my soil and charge it with mychorhizea before planting. At the same time as I soak the seeds in water for 24hrs, I prepare the pot.
20210330_085643.jpg

First a layer of hydro balls. This is not for drainage but for stability.
20210330_085750.jpg

Soil.
I next fill the pot with soil, sprinkling a fine layer of mychorhizea at a 3rd of the way full and 2/3 another fine sprinkling.
Now water that all in with ph 6.3 plain water.
20210330_105058.jpg

The soil will sink slightly and leave a gap at the top.
20210330_113008.jpg

One more light dusting of mychorhizea and top up with soil.
Lastly, 3 ltrs of water with a teaspoon of mycho dissolved in it, ph'd to 6.3. I pour this evenly around the top to finish, then place the pot on a rack to air while I germinate the seed.
I use jiffy pellets to germ the seeds, they go straight into the moist pot once the seed shows.
The pot being moist allows me to not do anything to the seedling for next 12 to 14 days while the pot dries out.
Yes up to 2 weeks, no watering or fussing, nothing. I only check the light hight/intensity.

preparing a 7gallon pot for autos

I pre-soak my soil and charge it with mychorhizea before planting. At the same time as I soak the seeds in water for 24hrs, I prepare the pot.
20210330_085643.jpg

First a layer of hydro balls. This is not for drainage but for stability.
20210330_085750.jpg

Soil.
I next fill the pot with soil, sprinkling a fine layer of mychorhizea at a 3rd of the way full and 2/3 another fine sprinkling.
Now water that all in with ph 6.3 plain water.
20210330_105058.jpg

The soil will sink slightly and leave a gap at the top.
20210330_113008.jpg

One more light dusting of mychorhizea and top up with soil.
Lastly, 3 ltrs of water with a teaspoon of mycho dissolved in it, ph'd to 6.3. I pour this evenly around the top to finish, then place the pot on a rack to air while I germinate the seed.
I use jiffy pellets to germ the seeds, they go straight into the moist pot once the seed shows.
The pot being moist allows me to not do anything to the seedling for next 12 to 14 days while the pot dries out.
Yes up to 2 weeks, no watering or fussing, nothing. I only check the light hight/intensity.
Love your style mate. Its amazing how everyone has different methods at the start. 12 to 14 days without any fuss. I like it..
I think I will be copying your style..
If you don't mind :)

Yeah, not everyone's gonna agree with this but, I think it helps reduce the chance of stunting,over/under watering and messing things up. I only do this for autos large pot.
That's what I've always wondered and is there an answer to this question.

Plant autos in their final container to prevent up-pottong stress.
If it works for Autos, why don't people do it for photos? It's less time and trouble .. just wondered why people don't just put photos in their final pot..

At your own risk squiggle:rofl:
It's fine. I will just constantly blame you if my plants don't make it.. it was your idea after all:rofl:

sshh! Don't tell anyone, but I go from solo cups up to 3 or 5 gallons with photo seeds aswell. I'm also a lazy grower (do as little as poss)..... there I said it...It's out there now.

I will just constantly blame you if my plants don't make it
I'll happily shoulder that burden....That's how it rolls in my house anyway, they blame me, I'm can take it.

:rofl:

We are men. Of course we are going to look for the simplest and laziest way to do things.. Its how we roll.
Plus we always get the blame, because it's always our fault.
The mess, the noise , the smells.. it's all us :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom