Two autos

Evening squiggle, hope you're having a good one.

I froze 2ltr pop bottles full of water ,
That's a top tip and a cheap fix.
The room the tent is in is an extension on my bedroom, it's a sun room with big double glazed Windows, so if its too warm in there for a tent, it means the sun is around so it's win win either way really. I usually take the tents down at the end of March and use the sun, but this is the first summer I've tried LED, they handle the heat better.

How's your white widow doing?

Evening squiggle, hope you're having a good one.

That's a top tip and a cheap fix.
The room the tent is in is an extension on my bedroom, it's a sun room with big double glazed Windows, so if its too warm in there for a tent, it means the sun is around so it's win win either way really. I usually take the tents down at the end of March and use the sun, but this is the first summer I've tried LED, they handle the heat better.

How's your white widow doing?
Ahhh! So it's basically a green house.. I take it it's south facing?
You could cook a turkey in our conservatory at the mo.

The white widow didn't make it mate. I had the little seedling light on her an she just didn't budge..
I've just got a load of photos. Sour diesel, white widow and blueberry OG.. Going to be starting them at the weekend.
New tent is here, ordering that nuclear reactor of a light tomorrow:)

Oh mate, gutted about the ww, she looked like she had enough to make it.
I really liked the sour diesel, I did one last year, it was a free seed and the thought of smoking fuel didn't appeal to me, so I was like...meh.
Turned into the jar I reach for first everytime.

So it's basically a green house
Yeah pretty much, it's tiny though. It's classed as a "Sun room" so no planning needed. I wish it faced south,it's more wsw but gets about 8 hours direct sun (if it's around). I hear you on the cooking, I've seen it 40° in there. I've got a portable AC unit but use that last resort, the ac is for me. :laugh:

I think I flooded her little feet mate.. my fault. My spray bottle was broke so I used a cup and I was a bit heavy handed..
I know what you mean with the Sour diesel, it's got a weird smell. But the taste and effect are probably the best I've had..

Your little sun room.. can the neighbours not see your plants?? Or is it private ?

Your little sun room.. can the neighbours not see your plants?? Or is it private ?
A bit of both, I'm going up a hill so have some height on others, and it's attached to me bedroom up on the second floor. It used to be a belcony/patio you could put a little table n chairs on. There's only 2 possibly 3 houses across the way that could see and I'm slightly higher than them up the hill, they'd have to be in their top room peeping toming to see it really.
It's a little like stungers situation, if the plants get to tall, those 2 or so neighbours could see.
When I have the tents in there I put net curtains in the Windows, if you don't have any light on in the room it makes the tents vanish if you look in from the outside. You just see a net curtain window.

Nice. I've not seen one of them for years. Lol. I get the childrens old hand me down phones, I couldn't even tell you what it's called.

Those buds you've got look like they'd fall down under their own weight anyway :laugh: they look heavy.
I'd love to have the space to open a plant up like that...one day.

What light are you using?
I got bored during Covide like all of us and decided to try my hand at growing for the first time since the 70's. I've alway been kinda handy with carpentry so I built my own box. It's only 2'X4'X65" high. I made it on legs so I wouldn't have to bend over a lot. I got a Growstar 600 watt LED from Amazon for 75.00, nothing fancy at all.

I did run a 4" exhaust fan with a carbon filter. I grow everything in Fox Farms Coco-Loco soil, its so awesome I never use any nutes thru veg then I add some Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff with their Big Bud during flower. I feel like I just happened to have beginners luck honestly. I had major probs with my first germinating attempts then got that dialed in and have been cruising along ever since. I'm sending the best pic I can find of my grow box! It's dark in the room I have it so it's only lit by the grow lights.

B.Water transfer 12-4-20 ...4.5%22 Tall.JPG

A crew 1.JPG

Good job @Seniorweeder, it is great that you're making and adapting to grow your own. To me it is really the only way to know for sure what you are smoking, as we can never be sure what chemicals have gone into commercial grown buds.

All looks great to me grow friend. I am close to harvest on my first "Auto" grow. I did "Tangerine Dream's" and "Blueberry's". It was a fun ride for me for sure, after only doing "photo's" before. I also got aggressive and tried topping/lst on one of each for a comparison. I had no stunting and actually the topped plants started flowering earlier as well.

I will always top from now on. The key for me was topping as I read, at the 3rd node about 3 weeks into veg. Decide for yourself, I'm no expert, but I feel great about my grow. I am here for more details if needed! Pic in tent were topped plants, then the 2 on the outer deck were untopped! All are same exact age!

Tan:Blueberry ...9 weeks old.JPG

Blueberry & Tan dream,,5-24-21,, 8.5 Weeks.JPG
Yeah that topped plant looks incredible!! Nice job

I got bored during Covide like all of us and decided to try my hand at growing for the first time since the 70's. I've alway been kinda handy with carpentry so I built my own box. It's only 2'X4'X65" high. I made it on legs so I wouldn't have to bend over a lot. I got a Growstar 600 watt LED from Amazon for 75.00, nothing fancy at all.

I did run a 4" exhaust fan with a carbon filter. I grow everything in Fox Farms Coco-Loco soil, its so awesome I never use any nutes thru veg then I add some Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff with their Big Bud during flower. I feel like I just happened to have beginners luck honestly. I had major probs with my first germinating attempts then got that dialed in and have been cruising along ever since. I'm sending the best pic I can find of my grow box! It's dark in the room I have it so it's only lit by the grow lights.

B.Water transfer 12-4-20 ...4.5%22 Tall.JPG

A crew 1.JPG
That's amazing senior, you're definitely getting the most out of that light and space.:bravo:sir.

Thanks for all the support and encouraging comments guys. I will post some better pix as they get closer! This so much fun to this old guy!
Haha that’s exactly how I feel. This is so much fun. Smoking my own crop, saving a fortune and learning and watching them grow. Never thought I’d have this much fun growing weed!

8ABDB40D-F60F-4725-B440-11C555CD494C.jpeg

OMG, thats my dream bud, what strain is that and was it indoor or outdoor Bro? Sooooo many great tokes coming from that jewel!
Cinderella 99. Grown indoors. For 1/2 of its life it was only under a blurple light. Looking forward to seeing how my next crop does under my newer better quality lights. It’s definitely one of my bigger ones. But that’s wet weight. I think on my next plant to harvest, 3 weeks I’m hoping, I might actually get 3 or 4 full ounce colas after drying. Can’t wait!

Thanks vet. Only just started now.
20210605_142840.jpg

6 weeks tomorrow.
If she stretches anything like mine she's gonna be a monster mate. I'm gonna have to get some more of the OS seeds and run it again at some point. Just ordered some of the six shooter from fast buds. Had the 22% off and surprise pack of seeds as a prize from cannapot to claim before it expired.

Back
Top Bottom