UltimateTomato’s Bagseed Soil LED Grow, 2019

Ultimatetomato

420 Member
Hi everyone, I’m a new member here on the forum as well as a first time grower. This grow had an unforeseen beginning; the story goes that a friend of mine came across some seeded buds that had a really nice piney smell and smoked beautifully, he stuck a few seeds in some yard soil and left them on a window sill, and a few days later they’d sprouted and grown their first set of leaves. At this point I decided to follow through with a proper grow and began growing the plants in 3 gallon pots under a 300w Mars Hydro LED, all in a 3x3 grow tent. The specifics are below, as well as a few pictures from the first few weeks of the grow.

Specifics:
Pot size - 3 gal.
Medium - Fox Farm ocean forest
Lights - 2 x Mars Hydro 300w LED (2nd light added later on)
Nutrients - GH flora micro, bloom, and gro as well as floralicious plus.
Strain - unknown as these are bag seeds
PVC poly grow tent
iPower 4” in-line fan & filter

Plants at around 9 days. At this point they had only a small fan blowing on them and no exhaust fan installed in the tent. I ran into some issues with high humidity and temps, but the plants seemed to have handled it well. At this point they hadn’t received any nutrients.

Day 20 from seed:
the plants had been getting nutrient water that’s been properly PH’d for about the last week. Before this they’d been getting regular tap water. I had to move the plants from the 3x3 tent to a custom sized tent due to space constraints. Around this same time I added the second Mars Hydro LED and topped the plants, I also removed some of the lower leaves. The plants had been getting around 800 ppm nute water at this point. The fan and filter still had not been installed.

Day 23 from seed:
Temperatures in the tent have slowly been climbing, so I plan on installed the fan and sealing the tent with a zipper tomorrow afternoon. I brought the ppm of the water up to 1000 because the plants seemed like they were loving it at 800. I’ve also began a small experiment in training by staking two of the plants flush with the soil.

Day 29 from seed:
Today I began training the plants using twist tie. additionally, I trimmed each one up a bit and removed the fan leaves the plant was beginning to drop. I left more fan leaves on some as a sort of experiment to see how it would affect overall growth. A few days ago I also installed the carbon fan and ducting, so far I can tell the plants are loving the airflow and CO2. Temperatures have lowered but I still need to tweak the ducting to create more airflow. Today I watered the plants with nutrient RO water.

Here they are recovered the next day:

Day 38 from seed:
They’ve really blown up... lately the conditions have been perfect: they’ve been getting PH’d RO water at about 1100 PPM, the humidity, and temperature have all been in the sweet spot. About 5 days ago I trimmed the plants up a bit and topped the 4 new nodes. They were stunted a bit, but are recovering well. I’m hoping to flip them in about a week depending on how the growth goes.

Day 42 from seed:
I wanted to wait for the plants to show preflowers, but I can tell they’re almost there and they can’t grow any larger in this tent so I’ve decided to flip them today. So far they’ve been chugging along with no problems. As of now this journal is up to date. I’ve included pictures of their current state, as well as a few pictures of the final setup for the rest of the grow.

Looks like you’ve got it under control. I started with a very similar setup under 2 mars hydro just like you. Turned out very well! Cool to watch someone with similar. I’m in a bit bigger tent now lol.

I’m excited to see it through. Today I decided to add a couple extra supplements to help them in flowering. I still haven’t been able to sex them, which should free up a bunch of space. I’ve already got plans to split the lights between a Veg tent and a flower tent so I can have 3 or so plants perpetually growing.

I’m excited to see it through. Today I decided to add a couple extra supplements to help them in flowering. I still haven’t been able to sex them, which should free up a bunch of space. I’ve already got plans to split the lights between a Veg tent and a flower tent so I can have 3 or so plants perpetually growing.
I would keep both of those mars in that tent. That’s a nice amount of flowering light for that size. Get a 3rd one and put that into your veg tent. Great setup and you’ll go perpetual no problem.

I would keep both of those mars in that tent. That’s a nice amount of flowering light for that size. Get a 3rd one and put that into your veg tent. Great setup and you’ll go perpetual no problem.
My plan was to make the tents much smaller and have 3 plants in each. That should suit my needs well and still offer some variety. I was shooting for 3 plants this time, but since they’re non feminized I planted 8 to account for males.

My plan was to make the tents much smaller and have 3 plants in each. That should suit my needs well and still offer some variety. I was shooting for 3 plants this time, but since they’re non feminized I planted 8 to account for males.
Ahhhh ok! That sounds like a plan. Makes sense.

This thread is well overdue for an update, but I took a short vacation which made keeping things updated a bit difficult. We’re now in week 4 of flower, they’ve finished their stretch and are growing some nice looking buds. Temperature and humidity have been consistent, and so has their feeding schedule. I’ve added a couple of supplements for flowering, and I’m excited to see how they finish out budding and what they yield. Thank you to anyone who’s stuck around!

6A039057-63F0-4B04-93D3-234757E6C567.jpeg

7FCD5395-E9B3-427D-83D6-7AD8EF54B389.jpeg

17BCBBB8-9A9D-411B-B471-71DBC394BB0A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom