Underwatered?

Cannalove420

Leaves feel dry, crispy. There are brown spots on some of the leaves and new growth tips are yellow light green. Also small holes here and there. I’ve been watering the one gallon smart pot daily until run off, I flushed about a half gallon through the soil to remove access salt built up that is visible on the outside of the pot but I didn’t flush with enough water bc it’s still there. I switched from well water to distilled water then added some cal-mag to the water the day before the flush. I was going to use distilled water with cal mag but the company who sells the natures living soil said cal mag isn’t necessary and to top dress the soil with more living soil and it should respond quickly. Does this look like a case of underwatering? I fed it this morning and it’s still dropping. I’ve been way over thinking this when I should have left it alone lol
Soil is ocean forest mixed with soilless royal gold tupar. Natures living super soil mixed in the bottom 1/3 of the 1 gallon smart pot

Attachments

• EF8C4F12-82A4-458F-9D1C-791C118011C9.jpeg
    EF8C4F12-82A4-458F-9D1C-791C118011C9.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 140
  • D1722FBE-F0E0-4230-9844-912808032E95.jpeg
    D1722FBE-F0E0-4230-9844-912808032E95.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 144
  • C9A4AB3F-4941-4384-B0CA-875A05C3DC73.jpeg
    C9A4AB3F-4941-4384-B0CA-875A05C3DC73.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 133
  • 24227FC9-8007-44F2-8D7B-722F36FDBFAF.jpeg
    24227FC9-8007-44F2-8D7B-722F36FDBFAF.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 138
Soil grow? You are watering too often. We really need more information to help. The info needed is under "How to Ask for Grow Support." I suggest starting a journal, if you haven't done so already. It will let us follow along and make suggestions to get the most out of your grow.

Soil grow? You are watering too often. We really need more information to help. The info needed is under "How to Ask for Grow Support." I suggest starting a journal, if you haven't done so already. It will let us follow along and make suggestions to get the most out of your grow.
I water when the pot feels light, should I let it stay light (dry) a little longer? That would be a good idea I should start updating my journal instead of making new post lol

Probably wants a bigger home. I've used those one gallon smaaat pots and,,, they're small. She wants to stretch her legs into some soil and there isn't enough to go around is my guess.....

Probably wants a bigger home. I've used those one gallon smaaat pots and,,, they're small. She wants to stretch her legs into some soil and there isn't enough to go around is my guess.....
YeH her roots are poking out the sides and bottom. I thought if they was in anything bigger than a one gallon they might have out grown the small tent but there much smaller than I’d imagine

Time to up pot them, if you are watering every day and they are dry enough to need it daily that's when emilya says that is when you need to transplant into a larger container.

Time to up pot them, if you are watering every day and they are dry enough to need it daily that's when emilya says that is when yo
Time to up pot them, if you are watering every day and they are dry enough to need it daily that's when emilya says that is when you need to transplant into a larger container.

u need to transplant into a larger container.
Is there a way I can do it without stressing it? I was told not to transplant autoflowers but then again it may be better than being root bound. The info I read was saying if I use a small pot that the yield will be less and watering will be more frequent. I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon smart pots and tons of soil so resources isn’t an issue, just a small space to work with

This has got to be a watering issue bc I been playing around with the water to much. I started off with hard well water for the 1 st month then switched to distilled water. I’m wondering if it has a nutrient lockout. Can salt buildup cause this? I started the seed in this pot and only watered a tiny bit around the seedling, avoiding runoff. Only recently I started watering until runoff. I can see crud on the outside of the pot so I wonder if I should flush it good this time when she drys out then re-amend a top dressing of super soil

Yes if the plant is in a smart pot all you have to do is leave it in it and place it into a larger smart pot as the roots should grow through the sides of the one that it is currently in into the new soil. Because the wider the roots the wider the plant and bigger roots equal bigger flowers.

Yes if the plant is in a smart pot all you have to do is leave it in it and place it into a larger smart pot as the roots should grow through the sides of the one that it is currently in into the new soil. Because the wider the roots the wider the plant and bigger roots equal bigger flowers.

Yea, I agree nice call.

I didn't know it was an auto. But still, I'd do what OldSchoolToker said. I've done that with fabric pots before. Dropped a three gallon in a seven. Those ones can go in a three without a doubt but if your going to do it id go to a five. By doing it like that it'll reduce if not eliminate any transplant stress.

Is there a way I can do it without stressing it? I was told not to transplant autoflowers but then again it may be better than being root bound. The info I read was saying if I use a small pot that the yield will be less and watering will be more frequent. I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon smart pots and tons of soil so resources isn’t an issue, just a small space to work with
If. Youd want to know about Autos check in with @blewhiller his autos are amazing. Ive found there is A LOT of misconceptions with autos

Back
Top Bottom