Unidentified Deficiency - Please Help

Marwenj

Hello people.

I'm a beginner grower, i'm growing 2 plant(identical seed) in the same time(same food, same environment:Temperature/Humidity). One of them is 100% healthy but the other young lady look really seek, I couldn't diagnosing the deficiency
I hope to find hier some help, advice or tricks.. Every little idea can be useful or helpful:helpsmilie:
So let's start from the beginning I will try to describe you everything I have.
-seed: White Widow from Green House Seed
-light: HPS 400W
-Soil: Bio-mix soil (I bought simply a cheap bio soil)
-fertiliser: Bio-bizz inndoor pack( Bio-Bloom, Bio-Grow und Top-Max)
-Temperature/Humidity: 28ºc/50% in the day and 20ºc/60% in the night
-Water: watering with normal water (ph unknown)
Waterin every 2 days with fertilizer. I'm going with 2mL/Litre of water. I stopped feeding her directly when the deficiency appear.
Here are some pics 5 Weeks old, still in the vegetative stage.
Like I said, I stopped feeding her(the seek one), I thought it was a nutrients deficiency and i was pretty sure they have bin watering from the same water(that made me insane )
Now already one week only watering with pure water but the same deficiency appear in the new leaves( it's like brown spots and 1/2 leaves yellow).
I forgot to notice that I cut today the top of the seek plant, sound stupied... I don't know if it was a good idea.
The topping technic should be applied to a 100% healthy plant but for better results should be a young plant as well (5 to 6 knots)
That's why I decided to cut here before it will be to late. the second plant is not mein, could maybe make sense.
Well I try to explain you what I'm growing and what I'm using. I hope you have easily understand what I wanna mean. . . Sorry because my very bad English, i'm a bit high as well:lot-o-toke: so sorry about that

I share some pics for you,it could be easier to identify this deficiency and to be sure i share as well the second healthy plant(same food, same environment:Temperature/Humidity)

the seek plant:

IMG_430910.JPG
IMG_430710.JPG
IMG_43017.JPG

the healthy plant:

IMG_43119.JPG
IMG_431014.JPG

A little help from Google and they mean in some website that could be a Calcium, Manganese or Nitrogen Deficiency. Could be all 3 deficiency together...
I'm impatient to hear your advice, your ideas.

Thank you everybody
:peacetwo:

Hello people.

I'm a beginner grower, i'm growing 2 plant(identical seed) in the same time(same food, same environment:Temperature/Humidity). One of them is 100% healthy but the other young lady look really seek, I couldn't diagnosing the deficiency
I hope to find hier some help, advice or tricks.. Every little idea can be useful or helpful:helpsmilie:
So let's start from the beginning I will try to describe you everything I have.
-seed: White Widow from Green House Seed
-light: HPS 400W
-Soil: Bio-mix soil (I bought simply a cheap bio soil)
-fertiliser: Bio-bizz inndoor pack( Bio-Bloom, Bio-Grow und Top-Max)
-Temperature/Humidity: 28ºc/50% in the day and 20ºc/60% in the night
-Water: watering with normal water (ph unknown)
Waterin every 2 days with fertilizer. I'm going with 2mL/Litre of water. I stopped feeding her directly when the deficiency appear.
Here are some pics 5 Weeks old, still in the vegetative stage.
Like I said, I stopped feeding her(the seek one), I thought it was a nutrients deficiency and i was pretty sure they have bin watering from the same water(that made me insane )
Now already one week only watering with pure water but the same deficiency appear in the new leaves( it's like brown spots and 1/2 leaves yellow).
I forgot to notice that I cut today the top of the seek plant, sound stupied... I don't know if it was a good idea.
The topping technic should be applied to a 100% healthy plant but for better results should be a young plant as well (5 to 6 knots)
That's why I decided to cut here before it will be to late. the second plant is not mein, could maybe make sense.
Well I try to explain you what I'm growing and what I'm using. I hope you have easily understand what I wanna mean. . . Sorry because my very bad English, i'm a bit high as well:lot-o-toke: so sorry about that

I share some pics for you,it could be easier to identify this deficiency and to be sure i share as well the second healthy plant(same food, same environment:Temperature/Humidity)

the seek plant:

IMG_430910.JPG
IMG_430710.JPG
IMG_43017.JPG

the healthy plant:

IMG_43119.JPG
IMG_431014.JPG

A little help from Google and they mean in some website that could be a Calcium, Manganese or Nitrogen Deficiency. Could be all 3 deficiency together...
I'm impatient to hear your advice, your ideas.

Thank you everybody
:peacetwo:

Here is some reading material to look at, until someone more experienced shows up.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

That is a calcium & magnesium def..and maybe a pH thing..you always need to check your ph..I would recommend getting some cal mag and use it..it should clear it up within a week..and get a pH meter..your ph might be locking the cal and mag out

Thank you for your quick reply, please think about it...how could one plant get a ph deficiency and the other one stay 100% healthy and they are taking the same water
i couldn't understand that :scratchinghead::scratchinghead::scratchinghead:

It is not a pH deficiency. The pH must be adjusted every watering because tap water is not at the correct pH.

The total pH of the soil is a combination of many factors. Much of it depends on the soil health and conditioning. Even when started the same they can easily drift apart for many reasons. one could for example have rot happening in the root system from over-watering causing a pH shift. We have seen people on her have issues with rocks blocking drain hole preventing the necessary 10-15% runoff and that caused fertilizer build up and rot in the pot.

More likely the 2 different seeds are not identical in phenotype and one is more tolerant or less needy.

Either way you need to adjust each watering to about 6.3 - 6.4 for best results. The range of allowable in soil for best results is 6.2-7 but the closer to 7 the more problems you are likely to have so it is better to run a bit low. And most meters take a long time to stabilize. So when you start measuring this correctly take your time.
Also know that this type of problem is permanent meaning those leaves will never heal. All you can do is get the pH correct so the proper uptake can be performed and then new growth will start to look healthy.

Now to be clear you can buy and should buy some cal mag and add some about every 2 weeks. But the reason it was pointed out as likely pH is because they are so young. At that age in soil it is very difficult to have problems unless the pH is off. And since you can't really overdo calcium or magnesium you can just add some with your next watering and keep watering it with lower pH until you get run off that is healthy for the plant. You don't want to keep watering as you want to let it dry out between waterings. So if you want to fix it in one watering you wait until it is dry and then flood it with a lot of water with Cal mag and pH at 6.4 and keep adding water until you have run off that measures good (at least 6.8) and you will have it back in line...at least temporarily.

Agree here I use All-Mix and Light-Mix and don't feed first 3 weeks and than very light till week5 and never had any deficits.
Ph and look that they don't get cold feet.

Spots on leafs is 100% calcium def on this stage. There is no toxic calcium amount but remember it will increase your ec unless it's not important for u.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using 420

Check water/runoff PH and you water plants when soil is dry not every day or whatever. Right PH levels will probably fix it all. So Week later after PH is spot on you can add some calmag.

In my humble opinion, all of your problems are due to watering too often. Read my sticky thread on how to water, and learn the lift method to determine when it is time to water. When roots shut down because they are drowning, the symptoms that show in the plant above appear to be deficiencies of all kinds, and actually, if nutrients can't get taken up by damaged roots, deficiencies are exactly what they are. Plants with damaged roots can starve to death, sitting in a sea of nutrients, and no matter how much more you add, it will not help. Let the roots dry out all the way to the bottom every time.

Back
Top Bottom