Urgent: Grow light went on during the night cycle

Hi mag!

My timer somehow fucked up/glitched and the grow lights went on for around 15-20mins 2hrs after the dark perioid started…
Fortunately noticed that the lamp went on after like 15mins and then turned it off right after.

Since 15mins is more than enough to mess the night cycle, do I _really_ have to be worried about bananas now?
Lights always turns off 10pm and goes on 10am but last night lamp went on between 11.45-12pm
-> Should I maintain the cycle I had or should I turn my lights on after 12am so they get for sure the whole 12hrs darkness?

This kind of accident never happened before and Ive read that even the smallest light leaks during the night time could herm the plants. Even tho that wasnt a light leak…they were fully exposed for the lights that 15-20mins :eek:

Edit: And yes we talking about flowering plants right now. Ikr the veg phase light accident wouldnt be a big thing, but what about this?

Hi Mate - don't panic, it's not a big deal
Just stick to your original lighting pattern
I've had timers go wonky for days before I noticed and had no problem
This 'light leak turned my plant into a hermie' is very much overstated by seed vendors as an excuse for unstable strains in my experience
Don't worry pal, it'll be fine

Thanks bro! That lightened my weight for a bit.

If the plant turns into hermie because of this, I should expect to see that happen in 2-7 days right?

If the plant turns into hermie because of this, I should expect to see that happen in 2-7 days right?
No, more like 14 days, same as flipping
That's exactly why a few hours or even days won't have much effect

No, more like 14 days, same as flipping
That's exactly why a few hours or even days won't have much effect

Is there any scientific sources for that? All Ive read is that even the smallest light leaks may herm your plants (which I understand, every plant is an individual and MAY cause that, even tho it would be very unlikely..)

Besides your experince about light cycles been wonky, is there any other concrete examples about "how much you can fuck up with the dark cycles before your plant will herm?"

Ik mine might have been a small class mistake, which HOPEFULLY does not retaliate. But now Im more curious how much is generally enough to herm your plants?

Going from experience its not going to hurt .Constant light bleed for the 8 week flower is kinda what most of the
info is took from on herms you have prob read.Kinda should start with the odd light issues not going to hurt BUT
if its a constant you run the risk of herms but never does.

Is there any scientific sources for that? All Ive read is that even the smallest light leaks may herm your plants (which I understand, every plant is an individual and MAY cause that, even tho it would be very unlikely..)

Besides your experince about light cycles been wonky, is there any other concrete examples about "how much you can fuck up with the dark cycles before your plant will herm?"

Ik mine might have been a small class mistake, which HOPEFULLY does not retaliate. But now Im more curious how much is generally enough to herm your plants?
I've only ever come across one herm, and that was without doubt genetics
As @skunksa says, it's prolonged fking about that causes problems, not the odd mishap

Thanks for the replies and advices Ive just heard alot from photos how you can fuck up with them a lot easier and thats why autos are ”sure thing”

I run a 4x8 tent. I do not zip the top or the bottom of my tent up ever. Only the middle zipper to keep the 2 large doors closed. I haven't had a Hermie from doing this & I'm sure it's not light tight.
I leave the zippers open because I run a portable AC & Humidifier or dehumidifier (depends if veg or flower) & those 2 things really suck in a tent if closed completely. But the point is, a little light usually wont hurt anything.
I agree with the unstable strain by breeders quote above. For all we know.... we are buying seeds from a Hermie plant.

1x ain't gonna mess anything up. Herms from light at night are over rated. That dang moon... keeps herming my outdoor plants. Wait no it doesn't. Look up outside tonight. See what I'm talking about.

Hey @Verbalist!

You think you screwed up? I say you made a very minor error.

THIS, my friend, is a screw up! :Rasta:

Hey @Verbalist!

You think you screwed up? I say you made a very minor error.

THIS, my friend, is a screw up! :Rasta:

Damn thats a worst nightmare! Following your journal to see how it goes. Hope theyre all good.
Why dont u use timers? Dont trust them?

sucks big time if youre bout to lose your crop for ”the mistake”. I already decided that next grow will be in dwc using autos… autos dont give a two fugs if timers get wonky, but the dwc has the own challenges

Back
Top Bottom