Veg:
Veg_cabinet1.jpg

Flower:
flower_room_21.jpg

flower_room6.jpg

flower_room_3.jpg

Enjoy :)

I hope to post some photos tonight.

The tops and BK-G (the runt) will be starting their flush tonight. Woo hoo I will have a little bit of Indica dominant flowers soon.

I am enjoying the Maui Super Dawg that I have been smoking lately but it is nice to have some variety now and again. :)

I know I was supposed to post pics last week but that's how it goes.

The tops have been flushed, chopped, trimmed and are now hang drying. I have them all labeled and am looking forward to trying each of them after they cure. I am very happy with my decision to keep BK-B as a mother since it's top ended up completely covered in trichomes.

See?
BK-B_top.jpg

:)

Fighting the evil spider mites again Argggghhhh.
The BK tops should be finished curing in the next few days.
Probably another week or two before I start the flush on the BKs but everything else has a while to go. That is a good thing because that gives the twenty clones/teens I have veging time to grow.

I started flushing the flowering BKs Last night they are at 9 weeks and most of the trichomes are cloudy. The Trainwrecks and Knights Templar will be getting fed again tonight as they are still 2-6 weeks from finishing. The Trainwrecks have finally started to fatten up after seven weeks.

Sorry Hemprocket I forgot to add a smoke report on the cured BKs which is what I have been smoking for the last couple of weeks. I am happy to report that the two plants that I kept are very good smoke. I do wish that I had been able to keep more as the characteristics of some of the others are very good as well. Unfortunately I only have so much secure space for plants.

Anyway, BK-A which was the quickest growing of all of the BK series also creates very tight flowers which are very well covered in trichomes. The taste is slightly sweet like watered down honey upon exhale and after a 5 week cure it is very smooth with almost no taste upon inhalation.

BK-B which I kept a mother of becomes extremely laden with trichomes on its very tight flowers. Under a high powered LED flashlight the cured flowers look almost white as they are so covered in trichomes. The trimmings are also of extremely high quality for making excellent bubble hash. Taste is slightly spicy upon inhalation with a smooth slightly sweet taste similar to BK-A.

BK-C is a slightly berry flavored flower with a medium amount of trichomes but very dense flowers. This is very smooth just as all of the BK series with this 5 week cure.

BK-D has fluffy flowers in comparison to the others I would think that some people might think that they were well grown outdoor flowers from the northern areas of California. The taste is pretty much non existent upon inhalation and exhalation but extremely smooth.

BK-E is the other which I kept for a mother. It turns very purple at the end of the stretch phase of flowering and has a sativa type growth pattern. The flowering time is the same as the rest of the BKs though at 9 weeks (15% amber trichomes at harvest). The flowers are approximately 65-75% purple at harvest. This particular plant makes very sweet berry tasting flowers, the taste is strong on both inhalation and exhalation.

BK-F This plant makes very dense flowers but with a medium amount of trichomes. In taste it is similar to BK-D almost no taste like smoking mid grade buds out of a vaporizer but while smoking out of a glass pipe.

BK-G (the runt) A very dense flower structure very well covered in trichomes very sweet like berries. As this plant grew so slowly I never took a top off of It and therefore it is now gone from the world. I am ok with that though as BK-E is very similar in taste with a much quicker growth rate.

All of the BK series are hybrid plants I got them from a bag of Bubba Kush that I got from a registered California medical marijuana dispensary. They were obviously not pollinated by a Bubba Kush male so they are all Bubba Kush crossed with Unknown Sativa. They all have a very similar high, the high is very good for my back pain but is not a narcotic sleepy stone. I am able to easily concentrate while on these meds and am also able to easily create art of many types. I am very happy to have two of these strains in the form of mother plants.

I have also decided that after the current batch of clones/teens goes into the flower room I will be switching my veg setup to Hydroponics, more specifically Deep Water Culture. When the current clones/teens finish flowering I am going to do the same in the flower room. I believe that this is the most effective form of hydroponics as the plants are able to uptake as much in the way of fertilizers as they want when ever they want. The DWC systems that I have seen have created extremely tall and bushy plants, this is my goal.

I cut and trimmed the BK plants about a week ago. Unfortunately I dried the flowers too much and am going to have to rehydrate them by adding a small piece of fruit to each curing jar for a few days. Being overly dry the four plants produced a measly 32.5 grams. even re hydrated the weight will not go up much but I know many of the reasons why the harvest was so small from these plants and will be changing some things for the next flower run. After that I will be changing to a Deep Water Culture (DWC) setup for larger yields.

Ozman, thanks for stopping in. The plants were very small for a variety of reasons. This was my first run since moving and setting up my new flower room also I did not veg the plants as long as I should have and temperatures were quite low through out the process. Another issue that I found upon cutting the BKs is that I have been feeding the flowering plants far too often as the roots did not fill out the pots making for smaller plants up top. Further issues have included a fight against the horrible scourge known as Spider Mites and the fact that I am growing in relatively cheap soil.

My current batch of veging plants will go much longer before being moved to the flower room at which time I will be switching the veg cabinet to a DWC system. When the currently veging plants finish flowering I will be changing the flower room over to DWC as well. I had forgotten how much faster Hydro and especially DWC plants grow until recently.

I am looking forward to the hotter weather as this will help greatly with growth rate. Unfortunately the temperatures in both rooms have been as low as the mid fifties through most of the current grow while the high has been about eighty degrees but only for a few days. I believe this to be the most significant reason as to why the roots did not fill out the pots. In other words the plants were not hot enough to be thirsty enough to drink the nutrients around their roots and reach out for more. This along with my feeding them every week kept the root ball supplied with plenty of nutrients so they were happy with their size needing to grow no further to reach nutrients.

Sorry for the rambling but it is difficult to explain everything in a way that I think will make sense to everyone. I will try to get some pics up of the flower and veg room in the next week as I am aware that it has been a while since my last photo update.

I am not going to be posting anymore about my grow for a while. The city police have decided to disregard the California State Supreme Court's ruling in the People V. Kelly and are trying to harass me using now defunct limitations upon the amount of plants that can be grown by each qualified patient. Until I (or someone else such as the District Attorney or a county judge) can convince them to research the law I cannot risk the exposure.

In that regard I will start flushing the Trainwrecks tonight and will have my flower room empty in two weeks.

I may still roam the forums but this grow can be moved to the finished journals section.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom