Ventilation help needed please guys

Enjoil

Hey 420 family, I got a couple questions about environmental control. What are you using to cut off fans and ac and all that mess. I hear you guys talking about Inkbird controllers... is that still where I should be looking or is their something else I should check out... I got two more can fans and another carbon filter and a big ass portable a/c. I just need help setting all this expensive crap up! Lol. please. I don’t want to set it all up and have to take it all down and do it differently... thanks guys and Ganja mamas!

For the AC operation I use a Willhi digital thermometer controller.
20210223_093857.jpg

My fans, i keep on a timer and ultimately would have them go off a few minutes after lights off.

That Willhi also has a R.H. meter that can be used, which would be keen for air exchange.

Just my .02 ;)

I got my at the "zon". You can set parameters to turn on and shut off.

I set my high temp at 80° to turn on and I set the low at 70° and that's when it shuts off. I keep my meter/probe in the grow box, so even though the unit and control box itself are outside the box, it still only functions by the environment in the box. ;)

It was originally bought to keep the AC on for our animals in the laundry room. Turns out it works excellently for growing. :)

I leave fans and ventilation on 24/7 never turn them off.

Reason is: Transpiration and stealth.

Lights I use a 20A pool timer heavy duty. It shuts off fans blowing on power supplies and lamps. Everything else stays running.

It depends on your needs. I would see how your environment behaves once you have your lights and air exchange going. Inkbird and Govee both sell bluetooth temp/rh meters that graph it all out on your phone. Maybe not necessary but its convenient. I order inkbird humidity and temp controllers right from their website. Shipping is quick. I leave all fans (ventilation/circulation) on 24/7. I don't have a problem with high heat where I am, I actually have an oil heater in my tent on like 24/7. But I use a controller to turn my humidifier on when it drops below whatever rh I set.

I would expect to be dialing things in and changing it around for a while though. Its a process

Hey Enjoil,

I’m low tech because I can get away with it in my space. No controller at all here, no extraction fans either. Just a fan or two running 24 X 7 and another fan or two on a secondary timer. This is for 12 X 12 room but only using part of that and lights total about 620 watts of led. I ramp up fan usage as seasonal changes occur so in summer I’m running at least 3 or 4 fans depending on weekly temp averages.

Anyway prolly not what you were looking for but that’s my deal. Heard a lot of good about inkbirds and also ac infinity fans which have their own built in controller

Hey Enjoil,

I’m low tech because I can get away with it in my space. No controller at all here, no extraction fans either. Just a fan or two running 24 X 7 and another fan or two on a secondary timer. This is for 12 X 12 room but only using part of that and lights total about 620 watts of led. I ramp up fan usage as seasonal changes occur so in summer I’m running at least 3 or 4 fans depending on weekly temp averages.

Anyway prolly not what you were looking for but that’s my deal. Heard a lot of good about inkbirds and also ac infinity fans which have their own built in controller
Thanks for trying to help bro, my situation is a little tricky.... hopefully I will find a method to my madness soon. I want to supplement cO2 eventually and run a sealed clean room. Till I get the tanks Ima continue to vent out the spaces.

I leave fans and ventilation on 24/7 never turn them off.

Reason is: Transpiration and stealth.

Lights I use a 20A pool timer heavy duty. It shuts off fans blowing on power supplies and lamps. Everything else stays running.
I do the exact same thing for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom