Virgin Grow - Soil LED Autos - Grow Journal 2016

Also google mainling cannabis and read that. Its a great method of growing it adds veg time if your doing autos i wouldnt top at all i would LST. Google that as well if you need to but either way i would wait. Patience is the hardest part of this. But if you have it you'll get this. She was topped 4 times
e73a10bd39e8afaa79858c2eca9aafe3.jpg
5d3b5dc656fc210fc73bd586c9062b1d.jpg
4 times? Is that a photo? Only reason I ask is because I'm running autos.

I was planning on LSTing as well as topping.

Thanks for all of your input by the way, much appreciated.

Also maybe try hydro you can get 2 inches of growth a day depending on conditions this is 16 days old
58332437c9eaa8c7dfc3f0e2bdd18177.jpg
Look amazing, once I've done using my current nutes I was considering going Hydro. Or if I run out of patience running Hydro and soil at the same time.

That blueberry will have to flower a few more weeks than the northern lights. It grows slow and thick.
Are you going to give it 24 hrs light for veg and flower?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Sweet, I was thinking there was something wrong with it but your the 2nd person to say blueberrys grow slow.
I'm running 18/6 for both veg and flower

Awesome. You're good then. Just harvest the blueberry late. I lowered the temp and ran an artificial fall simulation at the end of my run to bring out colour and resins. The leaves on the blueberry turned dark blue with orange and gold. It was crazy. I don't have a photo but it looked like this
420-magazine-mobile1255399921.jpg

Awesome. You're good then. Just harvest the blueberry late. I lowered the temp and ran an artificial fall simulation at the end of my run to bring out colour and resins. The leaves on the blueberry turned dark blue with orange and gold. It was crazy. I don't have a photo but it looked like this
420-magazine-mobile1255399921.jpg

Holy sh*t that looks amazing! I only hope I can get anywhere close to that.
How did you simulate an artificial fall?

Put in an air conditioner on a timer set to about 10C (50F?)
I use 4000k COB lights mixed with 12 regular LED bulbs. The reason I do this is so I can put 5000k bulbs in during veg and 3200-3500K bulbs for flower. It's the cheapest way to switch your colour temp. On the BB I ran all 3200K bulbs the last 3 weeks with the AC running. This causes the chlorophyll to be depleted and brings out the carotene and anthrocyanins causing the leaves to change colour.

Put in an air conditioner on a timer set to about 10C (50F?)
I use 4000k COB lights mixed with 12 regular LED bulbs. The reason I do this is so I can put 5000k bulbs in during veg and 3200-3500K bulbs for flower. It's the cheapest way to switch your colour temp. On the BB I ran all 3200K bulbs the last 3 weeks with the AC running. This causes the chlorophyll to be depleted and brings out the carotene and anthrocyanins causing the leaves to change colour.

Air circulation is bit of a problem for me. Although it is nice and cool downstairs in the summer and not bad in the winter. I don't have a permanent way of circulating fresh air. I just leave the door open as much as possible.
I would love to core out 2 6'' holes, one for intake and the other for out.
But I'm in rented accommodation so until I move, I'm stuck.

Yes all of that is correct, m like i said tho autos sometimes aren't good to top, but always good for training. LST is the easiest and no recovery time to lose. If its just a fem bean you veg as long as you want so you can top when ready.

Yep not all of them seem to respond well to topping. I've seen the NL do quite well when topped at the right time. Guess I'll find out soon enough:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 15 TOPPED!
So after advice from thebeast27 (who tops autos all the time with success) I decided to take plunge and top the NL.
Before topping
420-magazine-mobile474188081.jpg

Mid topping
420-magazine-mobile1685644544.jpg

After topping
420-magazine-mobile2146305376.jpg

Both plants have been moved outside to make use of this ridiculous kiwi sunshine.
I guess in a few days I can start some LST.
Oh and plants were watered last night. No nutes ph 6.6

Great job.... autos aren't my thing but i have read certain autos dont top well.... i hope yours does a great recovery and jumps in size.... you can start nutes at 1/4 strength soon

Pro tip. Get yourself a soil test kit. They're cheap ($12.00) and will give you a baseline for NPK plus soil PH. You'll probably find that your starting soil is very high (dark purple test) in Nitrogen. Plus, next to a ph meter, a test kit is my #2 analytics tool. Prevent over nutrient problems at the start.
420-magazine-mobile1008260810.jpg

Great job.... autos aren't my thing but i have read certain autos dont top well.... i hope yours does a great recovery and jumps in size.... you can start nutes at 1/4 strength soon
Thanks, yep some autos don't top well at all. But I've seen Northern lights do just fine. Hopefully those damn nutes turn up soon, should be next week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pro tip. Get yourself a soil test kit. They're cheap ($12.00) and will give you a baseline for NPK plus soil PH. You'll probably find that your starting soil is very high (dark purple test) in Nitrogen. Plus, next to a ph meter, a test kit is my #2 analytics tool. Prevent over nutrient problems at the start.
420-magazine-mobile1008260810.jpg

Sweet, I'll have a look for a digital version if there is one. I've been PHing my water to around 6.6-6.8, no nutes yet.

Sweet, I'll have a look for a digital version if there is one. I've been PHing my water to around 6.6-6.8, no nutes yet.

There is but its not worth the money. You still have to process the soil samples with their reagents. The digital part just reads the colour for you as a value. Only worth it if you're colourblind and actually can't visually read the colour chart imo. Def not worth the extra $50.

There is but its not worth the money. You still have to process the soil samples with their reagents. The digital part just reads the colour for you as a value. Only worth it if you're colourblind and actually can't visually read the colour chart imo. Def not worth the extra $50.

Yeah I hear ya, looked at the bluelab soil tester and it's $205! Think I'll stick with the paper tester for now :)

Also how often do you test the ph of your soil?

Back
Top Bottom