Virgin Grow - Soil LED Autos - Grow Journal 2016

Me, at start with the probe and whenever I think something's going wrong. The in-soil monitor probe is invaluable. But I've been growing for 20+ years so i have a system. I always use the same soil, same nutrients, etc. But every grower should have one of these on hand. It measures PH and Moisture. Ironically the two major problems with growing are PH and overwatering. Cannabis does not like wet soil...but fungus does.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
420-magazine-mobile1932525068.jpg

I've read that these probes are quite unreliable and give dodgey readings. Guess they must be cheap ones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 16 - Topping the NL didn't seem to bother her at all, still growing strong.

420-magazine-mobile240899972.jpg

The blueberry has started to show lots of growth.....and I was gonna get rid of her! Thanks for the advise so far guys :D

420-magazine-mobile647548096.jpg

I'll probably water tomorrow.

I've read that these probes are quite unreliable and give dodgey readings. Guess they must be cheap ones.

Ive never had a problem and ph is accurate within a few points of my pen meter. The soil test kit uses a "point range" colour system so it's not 100% accurate either.
Also the moisture/ph probes can be calibrated with a built in potentiometer.
But for a baseline they work very well.
If you want 100% accuracy you're looking at lab grade equipment.
$$$$$$$$

I see, thanks for all your help.
I'll see if I can pick up a soil test kit tomorrow.

Day 20
I've been leaving the plants outside these past couple of days to make use of the full spectrum sunshine. It's been doing them a world of good, growth has been phenomenal. So good on fact that I had to LST the NL kuz she was gaining some height.
I got some fuzzy twisty ties meant for kids. Works a charm, bends and stays in the exact shape you want it and is soft so doesn't damage the plants.

Northern lights - I got creative and used some 3/8" sockets to weight them down :)
420-magazine-mobile1147816997.jpg

420-magazine-mobile903286587.jpg

I've never LSTed before, if I'm doing anything wrong please let a brother know.

Blueberry is coming along nicely too. Real dense growth, probably won't top this one because it's a bit slower. No need for LST yet either yet I reckon.
420-magazine-mobile623934153.jpg

Still haven't fed them anything, I'll probably give them some more PHed water tomorrow.

I haven't bought a soil ph testing key, I figured ain't nothin broke :D BUT if I do run into troubles down the line I know what to test.

Also took a big sniff off the NL and she's starting to emit a slight odour. May need to get the carbon filter running soon.

Thanks for stopping in, happy days in the garden.

That looks like a great idea! I'll get the Mrs to grab heaps of chopsticks from work.

Got small plants? Want to speed them up? Give them a boost? Put them in a cardboard box. Add 1/2 tsp baking soda to 1/4 cup vinegar in a empty plastic water bottle. Place bottle in box with small plants and cover with light fixture (t5 mini or led) This will generate approx 2-3 cu. ft of CO2. Good for 10-12 hours.

I seemed to have buggered my back so it'll be something for me to do.

Also a few hours after the LST on the NL she bounced right back up. I'll grab some pictures today.

Thanks, just slept on it funny.

Thanks for sharing that idea, incredibly simple. I'll just have to pick up some hose and I'm set.

Buy a wine makers airlock instead. Much simpler and they are under two dollars. Plus you can use a small hose to direct the CO2 where you need it. This is my set up.
420-magazine-mobile984621925.jpg

Is that a Cork inside the plastic top? Genius!
I wanted to experiment with co2 but didn't wanna dish out the money until I got better with with my grows. But this is a great alternative. I'm gonna try this for sure.
Humidity got a little low today (48%) So I popped a warm glass of water in the tent. Bought it up 2%, better than nothing suppose.

Buy a wine makers airlock instead. Much simpler and they are under two dollars. Plus you can use a small hose to direct the CO2 where you need it. This is my set up.
420-magazine-mobile984621925.jpg

Are you using that in your clone done or is it giving co2 to your tent. And how much mix do you need to get high ppm for 4 by 3 by 8? Sealed tent

Sent from my Robin using 420

That's for my 24x24 box. I'm "gassing" some plants that are in recovery due to a roommate's over nute/water.
Co2 production is very limited with bakers yeast. I recommend wine makers yeast EC-1118. It will convert 6 cups of sugar to 15% alcohol. Bakers yeast will stop at 5% alcohol. Significantly different ratios of CO2 production. I have no idea what the PPM is. I have been meaning to get a CO2 metre as I'm pretty sure it's quite low with the door closed all the time in the grow room. If you want massive CO2 production without using the canisters try the mushroom-based products. They produce up to three months worth of CO2 which is perfect for veg and early flower. Plus I believe the PPM is supposed to be somewhere in the order of 1000 ppm per square meter. I went to buy one today but my rip off hydroponic shop wants $40 apiece.
420-magazine-mobile775943612.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1152452803.jpg

Plus because they don't use sugar they won't attract bugs.

Back
Top Bottom