Virgin Grow - Soil LED Autos - Grow Journal 2016

Your NL looks great i knew she would jumpnin size during flower stretch. My last harvest i had one jump from 16" to 3.5 ft. So again try photo beans i know autos are easier but quality and quantity is just not the same. Check out Barney's critical cookies. Its great for beginners on photo

Ah ok add some coffee grinds if you want for a gentle N boost. Would do well just tell by looking at colour of plant. No she will flower when she's genetically programmed to. Your LST was good I'm sure you have figured it out by now but make sure you only train branches not leaf stems lmao. New blueberry looks fantastic.
I have added cal mag, just sprinkle coffee grinds on top of soil ??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes its photo. I don't run autos, they are lower in THC and cbd bc of the mix of ruderalis in it. Plus with photo you can play more during veg. I'll show you some new pictures shortly. But that lady gave me 6ozs. Dried and cured and only vegged one month and flowered from oct 16 to dec 26. So it was 3.5 months same as auto would be. Personally ilike regular beans bc when not fucked with genetics they are stronger. You just have to deal with pulling males. But thats what i have been tought

That would be from a clone right?
I'd love to play with photos for sure, a proper sativa strain sounds like heaven.

Once I move into a bigger place I'll be upgrading the tent for sure and maybe use my existing setup to veg. Already ordered some DIY cobs, can't wait for those to come.

Hydro is the only way to go!! If you are in soil use fabric smart pots. They allow roots O2 and thats what roots love. Plants love CO2 but roots themselves love O2 so fabric pots allow a lot of air and room to grow. A good way to look at it is how ever tall your plant is roots are double that so 6 inch plant has 12 inch root system. Thats not completely accurate but a good way to go by

Next run will be in coco hand watered.
I'm already using fabric pots, they require a little technique to water. You can't just slam the water in or else it just seeps out the sides. Best to "wet" the top layer slowly and then pour on gently, but you already knew that :)
I'm really loving the 19L pots, I hardly have to water and mix nutes, something that puts me off Hydro.

Your NL looks great i knew she would jumpnin size during flower stretch. My last harvest i had one jump from 16" to 3.5 ft. So again try photo beans i know autos are easier but quality and quantity is just not the same. Check out Barney's critical cookies. Its great for beginners on photo
She reacted incredibly well with the feed, over night she gained an inch and the leaves are almost. It's probably down to the dehumidifier too. I shouldn't have waited so long to get one, lesson learned environment is super important.

Gonna run photos for sure mate......baby steps :D

Yeah go easy on the cal mag. Used coffee grinds are a great forgiving (hard to over use) organic quick release fert with broad spectrum N. You will notice difference in colour and growth rate over night.
I may chuck some on when I've got spare. Is it alright to use even in flower?

Day 49
NL is doing good, looks like nutes burn on the third pic so i watered with plain PHed 6.9 water till run off. Next feed I'll back off the nutes a little too I think.

420-magazine-mobile628146158.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1615937792.jpg

Not very frosty but I hope she starts putting on weight soon :)
420-magazine-mobile1887863808.jpg

I think it's nutes but I could be wrong, any opinions?

Blueberry
Watered with plain water also. Man this girl stinks, it's brilliant! Looking nice and frosty too :D
420-magazine-mobile2067376269.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1560760122.jpg

I had a small outbreak of white fly a few days ago. Was quite annoyed with myself for bringing them in from the garden. Lesson learned, clean up before playing. I put up some yellow sticky pads to catch the adults. I didn't want to spray anything this late in the game as it may effect flavours so I got the eggs off with the vacuum! Brush attachment on and reduced the suction pressure, still managed to mangle a few fan leaves but it's all good. Checking for them daily, only finding the odd egg here and there. Not too worried.

Day 52
Watered with Nutrients today. Used 8ml to 6ltrs of water. Dialling back the amount as I got a little nute burn from the last feeding. Girls are looking healthy and are starting to put out real strong odour. Glad I've got that filter :)

Group shot
420-magazine-mobile3600075.jpg

Hi. Yup I'm local too. Lookin good, subbed. I've just ordered an Apollo tent too but mine's the smallest and I've never grown before either. So much to learn!

:popcorn:

Day 61 NL
IMG_051651.JPG
IMG_052142.JPG
IMG_051950.JPG
IMG_051848.JPG
IMG_051752.JPG

Blueberry
IMG_051554.JPG
IMG_052636.JPG
IMG_051041.JPG
IMG_050835.JPG

Thought I'd take some decent pics for a change, wish I had a tripod so I can get some long exposure shots. Maybe I'll grab a cheap one.

So the strains are 6-7 weeks run time but I think they're gonna go longer. I've topped the NL which supposedly adds another 1-2 weeks. The advice given a the beginning of the thread also said blueberrys always go past the breeders estimates. If this is the case then I'm gonna give the blueberry her last feed on the next watering then begin the flush.

I've had the light sitting around 11'' from the top with no sign of bleaching. My DIY COBS are gonna be here very shortly (hopefully this week) As soon as they arrive I'm gonna get them built and finish off this run under them.

Good to see some local heads, kia ora :)

Hey Aotearoa, do you have any advice for ordering seeds? I'm planning on ordering 3 fem AK-47 + maybe one more strain but I can't decide. I need it to be compact as my tent is 60cm x 60cm x 120cm and easy to grow cos I'm an absolute beginner. Any thought?

:slide:

I spent quite some time researching seeds. Personally I'd recommend Northern lights by royal queen seeds, real easy, resilient to any mistakes and very stable genetics. Can also be trained to stay low which you'll have to do with the size of your tent.

What's the rest of your setup? Any idea where you'll order seeds from?

Do you know where you'll be ordering from?

I've gone ahead and ordered 3 fem AK-47 from Robert Bergman's site, I love growing marijuana. The actual place is in the Netherlands, Cost $US35 which is just under $NZ48. I'm sending cash in Nz notes cos they accept any currency and it's free shipping. They said to wrap the cash in tinfoil and stick it in a birthday card or any card with the order number they gave me. I used a different name but had to use my address cos I don't know anyone I can send it to. I'm risking it. they guarantee delivery too so if they don't arrive due to being stopped by customs they'll send more. Yeah I looked at Northern Lights but probably a bit too Indica for me. I reckon falling asleep is a waste of a high LOL :) There's a bit of Indica in the AK that keeps it low and bushy and stops it being all head high. It's so hard too choose! I've got a 45w LED panel that I was going to supplement with some cfls on the sides. I've got a wee clip on fan and a temp/humidity/pH meter with a probe. I still need to get a carbon filter and inline fans and ducting and probably a wet vac to get the excess water out. But i've run out of money for now. Phew! P.S. My tent hasn't arrived yet so I'm a wee ways from posting pics :)

:wood::hippy::nicethread:

I've gone ahead and ordered 3 fem AK-47 from Robert Bergman's site, I love growing marijuana. The actual place is in the Netherlands, Cost $US35 which is just under $NZ48. I'm sending cash in Nz notes cos they accept any currency and it's free shipping. They said to wrap the cash in tinfoil and stick it in a birthday card or any card with the order number they gave me. I used a different name but had to use my address cos I don't know anyone I can send it to. I'm risking it. they guarantee delivery too so if they don't arrive due to being stopped by customs they'll send more. Yeah I looked at Northern Lights but probably a bit too Indica for me. I reckon falling asleep is a waste of a high LOL :) There's a bit of Indica in the AK that keeps it low and bushy and stops it being all head high. It's so hard too choose! I've got a 45w LED panel that I was going to supplement with some cfls on the sides. I've got a wee clip on fan and a temp/humidity/pH meter with a probe. I still need to get a carbon filter and inline fans and ducting and probably a wet vac to get the excess water out. But i've run out of money for now. Phew! P.S. My tent hasn't arrived yet so I'm a wee ways from posting pics :)

:wood::hippy::nicethread:

Bergman's the best. That's where I shop.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use sensible seeds. Not sure about sending cash in the post!
Nice that your using soft lights so you can get close to the plants. It'll soon get cramped in there once your fan and filter go in. You can add a dehumidifier to your shopping list too :)

Back
Top Bottom