Virgin Grow - Soil LED Autos - Grow Journal 2016

Gday! I managed to scrape through the grow but I havent had time update. I'm overseas at the moment, I'll do a proper update in a few days.

Thanks for checking in :)

Sooo apologies with the delay in finishing this, I got super busy with work and went abroad.

I had some major issues with heat which I may have mentioned earlier. As well as heat, nutrients not delivered on time, over watering, white fly, spider mites and not enough light I still managed to produce some mj. I've learnt an incredible amount from this first grow and I'm already 30 days into my next grow.

Northern Light
IMG_054844.JPG

IMG_054636.JPG

IMG_055150.JPG

Blueberry
IMG_054142.JPG

IMG_054350.JPG

As you can see they are tiny with not much bud. I couldn't get a weight as I didn't have scales but the smoke was still heaps better than any of this bush crap we get around here. The 300w blurple led I would only recommend for seedlings and maybe growing one plant and that's about it.

Overall I was quite disappointed with the quality/quantity but incredibly happy I learnt so much.

My next grow. This time using coco and DIY COB's.
Day 30 Auto Northern light - royal queen seeds
420-magazine-mobile1954205335.jpg

Auto Lemon haze - DNA genetics
420-magazine-mobile224862695.jpg

They look a little droopy kuz I've just watered them. As you can see they are much bigger than my previous effort and have got plenty of growing left.

The cobs are dimmed to about 75% but the growth seems to be incredible, I'll save the other 25% for when they are in flower.

420-magazine-mobile99178203.jpg

I can't really afford for them to grow vertically much more, when my filter goes in I'll run out of space! This time i haven't topped or LSTed, just some ponytailing for 3 days.

I won't be starting another journal for this batch, if anybody is interested I'll keep updating this thread with more info on my current grow.

Good you got some herb out of it though. Northern Lights sound like some really nice Indica. I'm going to grow that next. My seeds are hopefully going to sprout soon. I've started a grow journal but I seriously under estimated the time it would take to grow from seed. I've only got 3 months in between flat inspections to get it done. I now know I have to germinate way earlier which I can pull off discreetly I think. How have you found the electricity bill running fans and lights? How much difference? It's good you've got LEDs What would you do different on your 2nd run?

:allgood::hippy::yummy:

Good you got some herb out of it though. Northern Lights sound like some really nice Indica. I'm going to grow that next. My seeds are hopefully going to sprout soon. I've started a grow journal but I seriously under estimated the time it would take to grow from seed. I've only got 3 months in between flat inspections to get it done. I now know I have to germinate way earlier which I can pull off discreetly I think. How have you found the electricity bill running fans and lights? How much difference? It's good you've got LEDs What would you do different on your 2nd run?

:allgood::hippy::yummy:

I get 3 monthly inspections too, all I do is bung the plants and gear in the van for day, doesn't seem to bother them.

My electricity bill has gone up around $50-80 a month. That's running lights, fans, dehumidifier. I think I've reduced it further by only running the dehumidifier when they're in flower or if it gets really humid, say above 75%. Plus I have the option of dimming my lights during veg, saving more.
What I'm doing differently this time is no training or topping. Would like to see how these grow on there own. Yesterday I addded a oscillating fan which sits outside the tent with the door open. Couldn't believe the difference, I got 2'' of vertical growth in 24hours compared to 1'' which I was normally getting.

I am curious as to your cob setup. What are chips and spectrum?

They're the cxb3590's 3500k running at 700ma 50v, pulls around 209W at the wall.I'll probably add another cob soon as my driver can handle 1 more.
Got the kit from cutter electronics in Aus. By the time I fluffed around shipping various parts from all over the world it would've cost a lot more. Although I did get stung for $130 customs. Still worth it, they're great.

I get 3 monthly inspections too, all I do is bung the plants and gear in the van for day, doesn't seem to bother them.

My electricity bill has gone up around $50-80 a month. That's running lights, fans, dehumidifier. I think I've reduced it further by only running the dehumidifier when they're in flower or if it gets really humid, say above 75%. Plus I have the option of dimming my lights during veg, saving more.
What I'm doing differently this time is no training or topping. Would like to see how these grow on there own. Yesterday I addded a oscillating fan which sits outside the tent with the door open. Couldn't believe the difference, I got 2'' of vertical growth in 24hours compared to 1'' which I was normally getting.

Have you got a carbon filter for odour? Do you think the fan blowing from outside the tent is giving them more CO2? Do you cover them up in your van so no one can see them? Is the dehumidifier a mini one or just a regular household one? Sorry for all the questions!!

:grinjoint:

All good.
Yeah I got a filter for when they smelly, it isn't attached otherwise.
I didn't consider extra co2 being blown in but that isn't why I did it.
My windows are tinted and the van is parked out of the way.
My dehumidifier is just a normal household one, where i can control what humidity to set plus I can connect it to a drain so I don't have to keep emptying the tank.
Keep the questions coming :)

Could you tell me how to put photos in my posts? I've resized them and uploaded them into the member's gallery but need help. I'm using a Macbook and Chrome if it makes any difference.
It's ok I figured it out lol. How do you pH your water? My pH down says to use 4mls per 100l. How do you do small quantities?

:thanks:

If your using quite a strong PH solution try using a single droplet. If it still lowers it too much try mixing more nutrients, say 10 litres and then add 1 drop at a time. Sounds tedious but once you've done it a few times it'll be a piece of cake.

This pic was taken on the 21st
420-magazine-mobile1600452635.jpg

And this one just now on the 27th, 6 days later
420-magazine-mobile1556315169.jpg

Safe to say the COBs are doing great. Around 2" growth in 24hrs everyday.

So is that growth just from putting them under the cobs? Or did you start nutes? Or just from being faster bc of autos?

Looks very good.

This is my second grow. My first time using coco (fed nutes from day 1) and COBs. I can't compare with anything else but I'm sure impressed so far.

45days old
Nl
420-magazine-mobile106232759.jpg

Lemon
420-magazine-mobile925311398.jpg

Group shot
420-magazine-mobile243168470.jpg

Its getting quite snug the tent so I went and ordered a 5x5 gorilla tent. I've also ordered another 6 COBs :D

Back
Top Bottom