Ward! What's The Beaver Growing In His Closet?

Lol sorry bud. The garden is all good. I'll throw some pics up later today.

Life has gotten in the way of my garden blog. Lost my job because of the pandemic. Was out of work for 9 days before I found another job. Now I'm balls deep in training for my new gig.

All is good now. Shit was sketchy there for a bit and I had to put 100% focus on the issues we were dealing with.

Ok here we are at Flower Day 51.

IMG_20200706_165452682.jpg
IMG_20200706_165328084.jpg

The girls are healthy. Everything is just cruising along nicely. Still feding 6.5g of Mega Crop. No calmag.

I'll be honest I've spent some time with this pheno of bday cake and aside from gorgeous delicious nugs I'm not a fan of the rest of the plant structure. Thin stems that can't support their own weight. It's super leggy and stretchy. I prefer tighter bushier genetics. That being said this was bagseed. Not sure who the breeder was.

I've got clones flowering to inoculate with some colloidal silver. I was thinking I'd get some pollen off this run before switching everything over to the Purple Kush. I'll save the CS for better bud. I'm going to be picky and say this Bday Cake doesn't make the cut for my DNA bank.

Now the nugs really are choice. It's primo smoke. I'm still 3 weeks from harvest. I chopped the last run at 65 days and i had hardly any amber trichomes. So we will run this batch out to 75 days.

IMG_20200706_165422165.jpg
IMG_20200706_165340609.jpg
IMG_20200706_165353300.jpg
IMG_20200706_165446438.jpg
IMG_20200706_165402244.jpg

The buds look great and should be fantastic if you can keep the bud sites upright. Have you tried silica for stem strength? I add a mining byproduct full of silica and other minerals...supposed to increase nutrient uptake and build strong stems. My two grows had massive buds and a great structure...never needed any stakes. I could be drinking the koolaid...but will continue to add this product every grow.

This is basically sand in a bag, hence the koolaid suspicion. I did a lot of reading and felt adding this soil amendment was worth trying. I would try a test run with and without, but, I get different phenos from seed. A test would work if I had clones. Could be genetics, but, my plants have been super sturdy with no thought of staking.

Back
Top Bottom