Green Junebug's Dark Angel & Super Silver Haze Grow Journal

Jubebug

420 Member
so i suppose, better late then never right? i am currently in day thirty something of my first grow. I've had some situations, but luckily nothing so horrible as to damage my efforts. I will go by GreenJunebug here, and i greatly appreciate everyone's interest in my journal that may happen to stop bye.
ABOUT THE ROOM
The grow started with the intentions of having just one area, or "tent" to grow in. But i found my self quickly adding to the plan and adjusting design thoughts. an inexpensive led light soon turned into 6 "1000 watt" LED's from amazon and two 4 foot T5 fixtures as well. so currently the "veg tent" has a usable spaced of 4x4 with the two t5 fixtures in it. the "flower tent" has the 6 1000 watt led lights in it, with a useable spaced of roughly 3x7. so with this being said, the plants started life, each under its own led, then after the t'5 fixtures were recieved, they all went under the t5 for veg. so veg under t5's and flower under led. the flower room houses two 6" inline fans. one is a filtered intake fan that pulls air from a climate controlled home and feeds both tents using a y in the outlet and dampers to control flow to each room. the other is the exhaust with carbon scrubber. the veg room has also received its own inline 6" exhaust fan. i use speed controllers on all fans to finely tune the air circulation in the rooms. these rooms were built using a 10'x100 foot roll of 6mil black plastic. simply hanging and stapling and trimming out the edges in some areas. after installing all black plastic i soon found out that it would be much more beneficial to have a reflective material on the inside of the tent and also noticed some "light leak" in some corners and edges. if i turned the light on in the outside of the room you could physically see some light passing through the plastic. to kill two birds with one stone i ordered up some plastic film that had white plastic on the inside and black plastic on the outside. using this roll of plastic i was able overlap any seams and make the entire inside white. this made the room much brighter, cleaner looking, and completely sealed. both rooms got this treatment. both rooms lights are controlled using mechanical timers. the veg room has a cool mist humidifier. it utilizes a wicking filter and fan combo to work and i really enjoy using it in the veg room as it doesn't create "hot" humid air. each room has a humidity and temperature monitor that records both humidity and temp min and max levels. i initially wanted to use fabric pots but was not really feeling the cost of them at the time. i ended up buying multiple 5 gallon buckets and later bought 3.5 gallon buckets. i am only using these simply because they were cheaper. i ended up drilling holes in all the bottoms of the 5 gallon buckets but on the 3.5 gallon buckets i also drilled holes on the sides of the bucket to promote "air pruning"? i figured i could compare the results of root systems at the end of the grow. the media being used is black magic potting soil from home depot. this was also used because of price point and availability at the time. i used two bags of black magic soil to one bag of there coco. i purchased fox farm trio nutrients to start with, it seemed to be the first growers go to. i think that's everything lol. ill edit or add if i think of something that should be mentioned.
ABOUT THE GROW
now about the seeds. the first seeds germinated were Dark angel seeds . i did this several days before christmas 2018. i had 4 of 4 seeds germinate and later sprout. they were germinated in paper towels. all were started in solo cups. i made the mistake of filling the 5 gallon buckets and then just basically puting the solo cup in the 5 gallon bucket with medium, thinking " when its time to transplant just take the cup out and plop the solo cup shaped dirt into the solo cup shaped hole lol". what happened was the roots grew through the wholes in the bottom of the cup and into the dirt in the bucket. so when i pulled cup up after a week the roots had gotten damaged because they were growing out. i then tried to transplant and the dirt did not stay in the shape of the solo cup and crumbled. i freaked out and thought i killed my plants. surprisingly they all bounced back and took to the transplant. so yeah note to self keep the seedlings in a separate pot, or start them in there forever home. after about two weeks i realized i was overwatering and also i did not fill the 5 gallon buckets with enough media. this meant the plants were too far down in the bucket. they were filling the bucket out and there was going to be no room for outward growth and no air movement. this ment again the need to pull plants and add media. this shocked them but the outcome was much better. after about a week they all bounced back again. so far i have one dark angel that seems to grow very aggressive compared to the others. the plan is to hopefully clone all of them prior to switching to flower and give them a better veg cycle this time with less fuck ups lol. to see what the outcome is. willl that one still grow vigorously ?or will the others grow better. im curious to find out.

after dark angle was going for three weeks i decided to start growing super silver haze. with the little things i begun to learn with dark angel i was sure i could start these girls off a little better. this is all i can come up with for now i will update as i move along or decide to add somethingi will post pictures soon. and hopefully timely updates

Some picture.

Attachments

• 5C4280DC-4ACB-4503-87D9-4C9D921B22B8.jpeg
    5C4280DC-4ACB-4503-87D9-4C9D921B22B8.jpeg
    564.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 21A1050F-95E2-4442-B4AD-B3F823FC56EE.png
    21A1050F-95E2-4442-B4AD-B3F823FC56EE.png
    770.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 4C502909-4C4F-4D88-9BAA-640A219B3862.png
    4C502909-4C4F-4D88-9BAA-640A219B3862.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 722FEEAF-546D-4CEF-9DDD-3E263668B996.png
    722FEEAF-546D-4CEF-9DDD-3E263668B996.png
    870.9 KB · Views: 89
So I’ve played with fimming three of the biggest plants I have. I also took some clones from two of them to see if iltheybwould toot successfully. I plan on cloning the best looking out of them before switching to flower too.
8E5CC47C-9246-44D0-93A4-2857AC7FF46C.jpeg
E87E05A7-5C0D-43C3-841A-E515F6E3B8C9.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Some updates pictures.

Attachments

• 0C8BDBC3-53F3-4B16-90B5-3C763949ED37.jpeg
    0C8BDBC3-53F3-4B16-90B5-3C763949ED37.jpeg
    806.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 7908CA42-5443-4CE8-9DB3-3E327579EAD9.jpeg
    7908CA42-5443-4CE8-9DB3-3E327579EAD9.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom