Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

They're all off to an excellent start, Boo ♥️
I’ve not had healthy baby autos like these for what seems like a year so I’m excited for these ladies.
I can't wait to see how you raise 'em..💚👍
I think mine is original no balls as well!
I've got a 2 year old unopened(2kg?) bag, so I don't know if it's got any balls or not...:hmmmm:
So nice to see you smiling and growing.

I missed you 💛
My sentiments exactly!
It's so nice to see you posting again...:)

Happy Thursday leap day! Just wanted to drop a little update on the girls.
PXL_20240229_145639987.PORTRAIT.jpg

Skywalker OG Kush seems to be pretty happy in her new pot. I’ve switched her from Mega Crop to Prescription Blend nutrients. Why? Because I have more PB than MC and I prefer to use the MC on the biggies in the summer. :cheesygrinsmiley: Now for a measurement pic.
PXL_20240229_145654243.PORTRAIT.jpg

I’m gonna call that 11”. The two autos got up potted this morning. They weren’t showing flower but their roots were tightly bound in the solo cups so I thought I’d give them some breathing room. That’s not my “norm” with autos but I’ve done it before (for the exact same reason) and had a great grow. Here is Super Lemon:
PXL_20240229_150240025.PORTRAIT.jpg

Her lowers are still showing a slight deficiency but the new growth looks good so we shall see…. Here is a side view and measurement:
PXL_20240229_150249010.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240229_150308253.PORTRAIT.jpg

I call that about 5” (sorry for the bad pic, have a new phone and it’s slightly larger and heavier than the old one!). Now for the Dream Berry:
PXL_20240229_150322606.PORTRAIT.jpg

She’s looking good with no deficiencies. I removed her first node because it was super ugly and may even take the second one if she gives me a little more height before flower. Here is a side and measurement.
PXL_20240229_150337330.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240229_150351266.PORTRAIT.jpg

I’m going to call that 5” as well. They both got watered into the pots with the remaining MC at 4g/ gal and I will switch them to PB nutes at the next feeding. Each one of them has a separate seedling mat as well as a small radiator type heater in each tent. Hopefully that will keep them warm throughout the rest of the grow. Thanks for looking!

Happy babies, Boo! Glad to see you back and working your auto magic. :cheer:
Congrats on the smooth starts and great growth for 19 days! :welldone:
Good morning BooBird!

So nice to see you smiling and growing.

I missed you 💛
They're all off to an excellent start, Boo ♥️

I can't wait to see how you raise 'em..💚👍

I've got a 2 year old unopened(2kg?) bag, so I don't know if it's got any balls or not...:hmmmm:

My sentiments exactly!
It's so nice to see you posting again...:)
Thanks guys. It’s good to be back. I’ve been here lurking, just not posting so much. Kind of a kick in the pants to lose the entire summer grow (in September!) and then have a round of 4 autos be duds:eye-roll: But, I’m out of my funk and ready for some nice grows! To be continued….

But, I’m out of my funk and ready for some nice grows! To be continued….
Hey, it's a fresh new year, all that bad luck is behind you!
It's great that you're back to doing what you do so well!

Those little ones are looking good👍

Good morning 420! No update right now, but I do have a question…. I bought my Spider Farmer SF1000s in 2020 and have used them pretty much year round since then. My autos are both in flower and I was adjusting the lights using my LUX meter and noticed that they don’t seem to be putting out the strength of light as they used to be. Is there a rule of thumb wrt replacing them? I’m wondering if that was the problem with my last grow…:hmmmm: Any thoughts or experience with that from you guys? Thanks for looking… 👀

Good morning 420! No update right now, but I do have a question…. I bought my Spider Farmer SF1000s in 2020 and have used them pretty much year round since then. My autos are both in flower and I was adjusting the lights using my LUX meter and noticed that they don’t seem to be putting out the strength of light as they used to be. Is there a rule of thumb wrt replacing them? I’m wondering if that was the problem with my last grow…:hmmmm: Any thoughts or experience with that from you guys? Thanks for looking… 👀
Check the batteries on the meter first. :Rasta:

I swapped the battery with a fresh one and am still reading the same. Both of them are dialed up 100% and are only reading 55/56 LUX 12” away from the tops of the plants. :hmmmm:
That doesn't sound right. Have you contacted SpiderFarmer?

Maybe after they hear your story they'll want to give you another one! 🙂

I haven’t. The lights are 4 years old so likely out of warranty. I may though!
Tell them about your 420 fame and the fact that you've showcased their light for the last 4 years! :Rasta:

Hey Boo
Looking good in here!

Checking out my Lux meter and (assuming you mean 55,000) mine reads about the same 12” above the plant. My meter only says 5500 but there’s a little x10 on there.

If your lights have started to fail you’ll likely see single LEDs out here and there. If none are dead, your light is probably ok.
I calculated once the amount of days I’d need to keep my mars hydro on before it started losing strength (according to the mfg) and it was like 9-10 years at the current rate.

Just an opinion before you start shopping ;)

Hey Boo
Looking good in here!

Checking out my Lux meter and (assuming you mean 55,000) mine reads about the same 12” above the plant. My meter only says 5500 but there’s a little x10 on there.

If your lights have started to fail you’ll likely see single LEDs out here and there. If none are dead, your light is probably ok.
I calculated once the amount of days I’d need to keep my mars hydro on before it started losing strength (according to the mfg) and it was like 9-10 years at the current rate.

Just an opinion before you start shopping ;)
Hi Justin! I didn’t look at the actual lights on them. I did the math on mine too and I should still have a lot of years left, but who knows. I had some gift cards for the local grow shop so I did pick up a couple of new AC Infinity LEDs. I hung one in place of a SF and it is definitely brighter, but they could just be a difference in the way they are made. I’m going to grab a few pics for an update so I will look at the actual LEDs on the lights. Guess I should grab some sunglasses. 🕶️

Happy Friday all! I am still fidgeting with the curious lighting issue (maybe it's me!) but I'm sure it will work out fine. Here's a little update on the ladies. Skywalker OG Kush is definitely an Indica leaner. She got huge leaves for such a baby. Lots of tucking happening.
PXL_20240308_212828966.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240308_212809039.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240308_212754135.PORTRAIT.jpg

She is gorgeous as is her color. Next up is Super Lemon.
PXL_20240308_212318330.PORTRAIT.jpg

She's been topped and started flowering earlier this week.
PXL_20240308_212343869.PORTRAIT.jpg

She's grown a couple inches since last update. Dreamberry has also grown a little too.
PXL_20240308_212410889.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240308_212423624.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240308_212449641.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

And a tent shot. That's all for now. I hope everyone is rolling into the weekend with joy in your :love:.

Great looking little ones, Boo-
The Skywalker OG is a real looker- good luck tucking leaves on that one- those things are huge :oops:

Back
Top Bottom