Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Happy Saturday all! Here’s a little update on the ladies. Let’s start with Skywalker:
PXL_20240406_142907928.jpg

She has had a big stretch since flipping to 12/12!
PXL_20240406_142918856.jpg
PXL_20240406_142930424.jpg

She was “officially” in flower as of April 4th. She’s still gorgeous.
PXL_20240406_143325549.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I wonder if I should bother with the netting (or is it too late)? On to the little autos:
PXL_20240406_144338932.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240406_144349574.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240406_144358264.PORTRAIT.jpg

Super Lemon is starting to show a little fade. She also has tips more burned than I like, which is odd because I seldom have that issue with the PB nutrients. Here is Dream Berry:
PXL_20240406_144407913.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240406_144418606.PORTRAIT.jpg

She also has more tip burn than I like. I’m wondering if there is an expiration date on the nutes….Skywalker is not showing any burn. Anyway, DB still has lots of pistils and her colas are fat and hard - not like the first one I grew. She was a fan favorite and it looks like I should have a nice little stash when she’s done. That’s all for me. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend!

And just 11 days later, you've got one!
The Skywalker looks just about perfect, Boo.❤️
Thanks Carcass. For now, she just about is!
All hail Queen Boo!
:adore::adore::adore:
They're all looking terrific, but if Skywalker is requiring a bigger ruler before it's even pushing pistils then it's definitely living up to its name!
Yeeaahhhh. I’ve raised the light three times this week. :oops:

PXL_20240406_144429088.PORTRAIT.jpg

I normally grow 420Fastbuds autos
I’ve found the 420Fastbuds auto beans also suit my growing style extremely well. It seems I get some of my best frosty’s from them especially when combined with the PB nutes. RIP
I’m about to make another bean order and the FastBuds will be on it for sure.

Oh,and beautiful plants Boo. But that’s why lurk around here.

Those autos are already fat and they're still going to get fatter! :thumb:
She was “officially” in flower as of April 4th. She’s still gorgeous.
Sure is! It's going to be a classic Boo plant when it's in full flower. :popcorn:
I wonder if I should bother with the netting (or is it too late)?
I don't see what it gains you. If you try to slide it down to the level of the lower branches the top ones will still need support, and if you don't then the lower ones will! I'd skip the net this time and if you want to give it a go, train a plant to the net for an even canopy.

Happy Wednesday all! I thought I’d share a little update. First, Skywalker OG Kush:
PXL_20240424_184103913.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

She’s been in flower about three weeks now. Like the GSC a few years ago, she is defoliating her skirt on her own. :cheesygrinsmiley: She’s got a beautiful structure and plenty of room for long colas.
PXL_20240424_184115164.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240424_184122048.PORTRAIT.jpg

I could see something was happening to the rope on her little stand so I took her off of it to have a look. That gave me the opportunity to get some bamboo in her pot (the colas are starting to get floppy).
PXL_20240424_183918572.PORTRAIT.jpg

It appears that the rope is rotting. Any of you guys using this system have the same thing happening? :hmmmm: Here’s a final silhouette shot.
PXL_20240424_184024013.PORTRAIT.jpg

I harvested the little autoflowers a week or so ago, no big news there. I also tried and failed to germinate 1 of 2 newly purchased autoflower seeds….:eye-roll: Luckily I got the second one to take. It’s a Strawberry Gorilla from FB420. She’s a little over 3 weeks old and started to flower a couple days ago.
PXL_20240424_184321301.PORTRAIT.jpg

I dropped a Northern Lights from Seedsman and she germinated…here she is at 10 days old:
PXL_20240424_184523975.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240424_184529111.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

RIDICULOUS!! Soooooo, I dropped two more autoflowers in soil yesterday - a Kalashnikov and my last Chocodope seed. Fingers crossed! That’s it for today. I hope everyone enjoyed 420! :love:

I hope not- PB is what I'm going to use when my Grow Dots run out of gas.. 🤔
yeahhhh. Notice the tips on Skywalker now? It’s more than I like. It must be one of the 2 flower nutrients in the system that is causing the tip burn (this is just now occurring to me as I write it). I am not a nutrient pusher on my plants and I love the PB brand because it’s simple and I rarely have tip burn. There’s something going on and I think I need to start investigating with those two bottles.
I'm smitten with Skywalker Boo! Hubba hubba! I think when that one fills in it's going to be heavy!
I am smitten as well Stone! I feel the same way - she’s got some serious colas at only 3 weeks. I can’t imagine what she will look like 6 weeks from now! :yahoo:
Beautiful growing babe!
Thanks Trala!
Sure is! It's going to be a classic Boo plant when it's in full flower. :popcorn:
She does have that “spray of roses” look taking shape! :laughtwo:
Oh,and beautiful plants Boo. But that’s why lurk around here.
Thanks Nev. And thank you for lurking! :love:

PXL_20240424_184316328.PORTRAIT.jpg

RIDICULOUS!!
Crazy lol, but the silhouette shot is a stunner.

I've been wanting to ask you how you are enjoying the sub irrigation. I felt like an idiot after my panicked warning about potential calmag issues. You've taken to it like a duck to a pond, but which style of growing do you prefer?

If you have an old cloth bag, strips of that make very good wicks. I can't remember who to credit for that. It was someone in the swick thread who suggested it and it worked very well for me too. Are you limited to the size of the rope or do those slits work?

Good luck with the kalashnikov and the chocodope.

Crazy lol, but the silhouette shot is a stunner.

I've been wanting to ask you how you are enjoying the sub irrigation. I felt like an idiot after my panicked warning about potential calmag issues. You've taken to it like a duck to a pond, but which style of growing do you prefer?

If you have an old cloth bag, strips of that make very good wicks. I can't remember who to credit for that. It was someone in the swick thread who suggested it and it worked very well for me too. Are you limited to the size of the rope or do those slits work?

Good luck with the kalashnikov and the chocodope.
Thanks Carmen, and thanks for the tip on the cloth bag strips! I think that would hold up better than the rope wicks and I could easily cut strips to fit in the wick holes. I’m actually really enjoying the sub irrigation and I’ve accidentally done it in the past with a photoperiod plant in the tent. It’s so easy just to fill the container every day. The CalMag tip was spot on so thank you for that. I’ve got the strawberry gorilla auto on one of the stands and I’m watching to see if she is actually pulling the nutrients from the reservoir - I just up potted her and put her on it Monday I believe, so it’s been slow but she looks very happy.

I’ve had a run of dinky autos lately so I think I’m gonna go old school mega crop on the Kalashnikov and Chocodope. We will see if that helps increase the size.

That Skywalker is awesome Boo. Nice symmetry! :Rasta:

It appears that the rope is rotting. Any of you guys using this system have the same thing happening? :hmmmm:
Boo, I have one that looks like that on one of my three bases. And, I'm not sure it is functioning properly. I replaced the wicks with new ones yesterday. When I check my plants in a few I may be able to tell if that change made any difference. (I'll tag you in that update.)

BTW you can get 30 feet of that wicking cord on the Zon for $5.

Here: Amazon.com
I dropped a Northern Lights from Seedsman
Woah! That looks like you really dropped it! :)

I'll bet she grows out of it!

That Skywalker is awesome Boo. Nice symmetry! :Rasta:

Boo, I have one that looks like that on one of my three bases. And, I'm not sure it is functioning properly. I replaced the wicks with new ones yesterday. When I check my plants in a few I may be able to tell if that change made any difference. (I'll tag you in that update.)

BTW you can get 30 feet of that wicking cord on the Zon for $5.

Here: Amazon.com

Woah! That looks like you really dropped it! :)

I'll bet she grows out of it!
Thanks for the info on the cord GDB! My pot is definitely still working properly but I’m planning to change out the cords tomorrow anyway. She’s been sitting on it for almost 4 weeks so it’s a good to know how long they will last will a big ole plant on it! Any tips on changing the cord and encouraging the plant to draw from it or should it be business as usual? I’m gonna let the NL hang on for a little while (and she’s got new growth and height) but she’s an autoflower so unless she kicks it into hyperdrive she won’t be around for too much longer.

Any tips on changing the cord and encouraging the plant to draw from it or should it be business as usual?
I think it's business as usual. If the ends get wet then soon enough the entire cord will be wet!

I do have one tip. Cut the cords long enough so that a portion is laying on the base bottom. I didn't do that. I tried to be exact so that just the tips reached the bottom. As a result (I think) a couple of my reservoirs never get completely dry because the cords can't slurp up the last bit of water.

It's a small thing, but it's all I've got! :Rasta:

yeahhhh. Notice the tips on Skywalker now? It’s more than I like. It must be one of the 2 flower nutrients in the system that is causing the tip burn
I see a few of them are curling up a little too... But, that seems to be her only problem- she looks pretty close to perfect to me otherwise...
And congrats on the little auto harvests....some of those little autos smoke pretty good- I grew an (apx.) 8"tall White Chem auto that was ass kicking stuff...all 8 grams of it were great smoke! 😁 🤏

How are the Kalashnikov and Chocodope doing?
That Chocodope is good stuff...I've still got half an ounce left- it's getting old, but it still works fine!

Back
Top Bottom