Water - what amount and how often?

It's a simple question from @sidetracked65... how much water and what size pots.

As can be expected on this forum, the group gives an excellent overall response.

39 replies, and OP never said another word.

But this question – in one form or another – must have been asked already hundreds if not thousands of times on this forum.

@Emilya did a great job analyzing this subject... in 2016...

I hope that this study on containers, watering and pH helps someone who reads it. This paper was a result of having to explain these same concepts over and over and over again to new growers at they hit the forums, until finally I put all these thoughts together into this paper. Some of the thoughts previously given have also been refined for this publication, as questions were asked and answered the last time I posted it, and I have learned better ways of explaining my thoughts. Here, I give you, approximately draft 10 of this paper.

I think Emilya's paper, or some form of it, should be made into a permanent reference article. @420

In general, I think this website should have an articles section where people can get expert growing advice. Perhaps the articles could be written as a collaboration by forum members. Once an article is written and posted, it should be able to stand the test of time, and serve as an ongoing definitive reference that a great number of forum questioners can be directed to. (In fact, when submitting a new thread, there could be a message to first check a list of articles on growing tips.) Granted, some subjects are best left to the "group mind" to provide insights on, on a case-by-case basis (e.g. deficiencies and diseases); whereas, other subjects would be more appropriate for articles (how to water, how to sprout seeds, etc.)

Some how-to posts are already shown on this site, in the forum, but perhaps some need to be updated. Perhaps some should be permanent articles, not forum posts.

I'm not talking about long-winded articles. I'm talking about clear, concise articles that answer specific questions on subjects that there's little controversy about. And, pros and cons about doing things one way vs. another way.

have a great day! :ciao:

It's a simple question from @sidetracked65... how much water and what size pots.

As can be expected on this forum, the group gives an excellent overall response.

39 replies, and OP never said another word.

But this question – in one form or another – must have been asked already hundreds if not thousands of times on this forum.

@Emilya did a great job analyzing this subject... in 2016...

I think Emilya's paper, or some form of it, should be made into a permanent reference article. @420

In general, I think this website should have an articles section where people can get expert growing advice. Perhaps the articles could be written as a collaboration by forum members. Once an article is written and posted, it should be able to stand the test of time, and serve as an ongoing definitive reference that a great number of forum questioners can be directed to. (In fact, when submitting a new thread, there could be a message to first check a list of articles on growing tips.) Granted, some subjects are best left to the "group mind" to provide insights on, on a case-by-case basis (e.g. deficiencies and diseases); whereas, other subjects would be more appropriate for articles (how to water, how to sprout seeds, etc.)

Some how-to posts are already shown on this site, in the forum, but perhaps some need to be updated. Perhaps some should be permanent articles, not forum posts.

I'm not talking about long-winded articles. I'm talking about clear, concise articles that answer specific questions on subjects that there's little controversy about. And, pros and cons about doing things one way vs. another way.

have a great day! :ciao:
I agree with you 420% and have been in the process of developing a thread to recruit someone to help start this project. I even asked Emilya, but she has too much going on already. Might you be interested in doing it yourself or just passing on the idea?

Back
Top Bottom