Water - what amount and how often?

My 5gal air pots, using equal amounts FFOF, FFHF and perlite, requires 4lbs/64oz. to get a slight runoff. This amount doesn't change. The frequency varies with the age of my plants. Right now I have a young auto going 3 days and one in full flower needing it's 4lbs. every 24hrs.

I totally agree with @013, @Emilya has done an excellent job with providing a feeding (watering) technique everyone should read.
True dat!

what’s up Most Excellent Garybo?

how’s the garden this year? Still love that yard cart full of greenery, might have to adopt that idea if we ever get legal status here

OK just curious on what amount of water and how often do you water and what size pots
Good question for an absolute noooooob. Not sure why all these experts are having such a hard time with such a simple and basic question.
a 5 gal. Pot will get ya a 3 footer. if ya want it shorter go 3 gal.
watering is easy—water til you get ‘plenty of run off’ and let em dry out in between watering. Stick your finger in up to the knuckle—water when your finger is dry.
when I say plenty of run off I mean it—if the plants feel they are in flood conditions they transpire through the leaves rapidly and will be in hyper mode—this is effective when feeding directly after a good watering and the plant media is dry enough. The plants feed voraciously and rapid growth will happen.

True dat!

what’s up Most Excellent Garybo?

how’s the garden this year? Still love that yard cart full of greenery, might have to adopt that idea if we ever get legal status here
Hi @013, I’m as fine as a frog’s hair, thanks for asking and I trust your travels have been safe.
This year I'm more stationary with the girls, they are living on the south side of my barn in 5 gal pots.
To date they are in flower and looking great.
I found a wasps nest growing in one of the plants today, good find since wasps make great parasite killers. Just don't mess with them and they won't mess with you. Lollyipopping season is over so we should associate in harmony until harvest.
I hope your garden is going well.

Take care and call sometime.

I've always grown in 5 gal fabric pots and if I don't keep the sativa's topped, they easly get 7 ft tall.

That's not true i grew a 7ft auto in 2 gal of reused coco/clay pebbles in a 4x4 tent it was probably bigger i had to tie it down to keep it off roof
it’s a guideline for growing photo period hybrids. There are exceptions to the rule. Lighting plays a big part. Novice growers need to learn their strains as true sativas tend to triple in height during the stretch. Flipping to 12/12 late can get you a 7 footer for sure.

it’s a guideline for growing photo period hybrids. There are exceptions to the rule. Lighting plays a big part. Novice growers need to learn their strains as true sativas tend to triple in height during the stretch. Flipping to 12/12 late can get you a 7 footer for sure.
The auto was described as being 100cm max height gorilla cookies auto the last photoperiod i grew was 5ft in 3gal i flipped it when it was 2ft it was afghan 100% indica i flipped before it was mature ive only ever grew photoperiod from seed twice i always grew clones and they would always be 7 ft plus amnesia haze i never ph'd or checked ec in coco with haze i grew something else and it went bad so i came here for advise i never new what ec was a year ago im a noob but i no how to look at a plant and see what it needs i dont even use grow guides and i only use a 400w hps if u get good advise and follow it any noob can grow a huge plant bluter bill and roy growing helped me at first then i researched a lot with the knowledge i got from them

Novice growers need to learn their strains as true sativas tend to triple in height during the stretch. Flipping to 12/12 late can get you a 7 footer for sure.

This is great advice. No amount of guidelines or tips are gonna save you from a runaway sativa. It’s hard to prepare for it if you haven’t experienced it.

Good question for an absolute noooooob. Not sure why all these experts are having such a hard time with such a simple and basic question.
a 5 gal. Pot will get ya a 3 footer. if ya want it shorter go 3 gal.
watering is easy—water til you get ‘plenty of run off’ and let em dry out in between watering. Stick your finger in up to the knuckle—water when your finger is dry.
when I say plenty of run off I mean it—if the plants feel they are in flood conditions they transpire through the leaves rapidly and will be in hyper mode—this is effective when feeding directly after a good watering and the plant media is dry enough. The plants feed voraciously and rapid growth will happen.
So explain feeding directly after a good watering.

OK just curious on what amount of water and how often do you water and what size pots
Get a moisture meter doesn't have to be digital just a QUALITY meter not a 3 in one piece of CRAP! Soil tension 80 to 120 mb

IMG_20230610_113536.jpg

A QUALITY meter is the only way to fly!

soil type water and ph meter probes are notoriously poor pieces of equipment. they don't get much love on this board as they can vary crazy between them, and no two growers use them exactly the same way.

very few soil growers use them as a result, even fewer here will recommend them. longer term most learn to grow by a read on the plants.

Back
Top Bottom