Way Pumped For My First Grow

buysser

I've spent so much time learning from the threads and now it's time to start my journal. Even though I'm a few months from planting my first harvest ever, there's some decisions I find that I'm needing to make at this juncture. I'll try and lay it out as best I can.
Room. This is an attic grow in a cold and hot part of the nation. It was the only option I had. I will not be insulating my roof but a box within the rafters built with the house. There's about three feet of space between the roof and my room. My garage is finished and heated in the winter so with the attic stairs door slightly open in the dead of winter (not my grow room) its right at 40 degrees. It's summer that I'm a bit worried about but I will test temps before planting. My footprint for my room is a 5' x 10' floor which is an apex that will be 2' wide at the top. I'm going to use 4x8 half inch plywood to create an 8' high apex. My gut is that I think I have too much room for a six to eight plant grow so I will probably cordone off half of the room with a lightproof partition and someday expand. Thoughts?? I can still make the room smaller in length if need be. I left the ends open. I'm going to insulate the outside and use reflectix on the walls inside.
Ventilation. My thoughts are to run a 30' six inch insulated hose and draw air from my house thru an inconspicuous vent in my hallway. I would pipe that in the left center bottom side of my apex as your facing it. Then my exhaust fan would be in an insulated soundproof box outside the room that I would spilt with two six inch insulated hoses exhausting hot air via two vents in the ceiling of the room. I'm thinking that apex will direct a shit ton of heat right into the path of those two vents.and then it travels three feet out the second story roof via a roof vent. Planning on two filtered passive air intakes on the right side of the apex on lower side staggered from exhaust vents on ceiling. I'm going to buy a dehumidifier humidifier and regulate humidity with that. I know I will have to put a heater in it and an ac unit of some sort probably vented, filtered and lightproofed somehow.
Medium. Organic dirt. Water would be way to hard to tote up those stairs often enough for hydro. Besides, there's something about organic dirt and being good to plants that I like. Not sure cause I have never dug in dirt but this is different and I'm going to use super soil recipe or lc's and start cooking next week. I would like to get his book too.
Lights. LED. I want to be able to control the heat and my electricity bill and I like using the same light thru veging and flowering. I'm in the early stages of looking at light spectrums and figuring out which to buy. What else??? Adding amps and going to run four new breakers for everything. I think that's it from I've learned. Please, any and all ideas and comments are welcome. I've been dreaming and saving for a long time to pull this off plus I had all the materials and can do all the work myself so going to pour the savings into the right equipment.
Thanks again!

Re: way pumped for my first grow.

sounds like you got the right plan. Let me know when you start a journal.

Well the way I grow is my veg is always bigger for the reason I make mothers of all my strains. I clone off all my mothers so I know what I have and the health of the plants. So if you decide to do never ending growing like what I do You have to make the space for your 6-8 plants to flower and make the rest for all the veg. If you time it all right you will have veg always ready when flower gets done.
Before I forget this was one of your comments (I'm in the early stages of looking at light spectrums and figuring out which to buy.) here's a pic that might help you understand whats needed in growing lights.
Wavelength.png
. Like I said I would try and have a veg room as well to save you time and money on your grows. Veg room you can run a led or a 4-8 bulb T5 light fixture works great.

If you want led lights let me know I have some real good hook ups and can be trusted. Just let me know your budget and we will find the best for you and save you a ton of money

Good stuff, thanks. So for now I'm going to keep the room the size it is and do an 8 pot grow then I can partition when I go to two grows and full time. So led's. Eight plants organic and I think they are 7 gallon for size purposes. I would like to do one light for all eight and for veg and bloom. THANKS

yes. I am trying to find out how much floor room you will have 8 plants on so I can find out what kind of light you will need. Most of the big lights do 5'x5'. they will cover more space but you want strong lights on plants to get the best buds. So how much foot space you are going to use with your 8 plants?

I guess I have a choice between 5 x 5 or 5 x 10. For now since I'm doing a trial grow than maybe figure 8 7 gallon pots in a 5 x 5 then we can start alternating. Noticed I bumped it up two? Yum for me. I really like same led light all the way thru. No muss no fuss that's how I roll right after a big heady vape

Ok this is what I do and have been threw. I have two 10x5 tents One I veg in and one I flower in. Ok 5gallon pots are good for plants veg up to 3 months then up to three months flower. 7 gallon are good for 4-8 months then up to three months flowering. To have enough led light to do 5x10 foot room you will need 3 too 5 lights. if you want a real good buds. depends on the lights you go with. I am looking at lights and getting price for you now. When I get the info I will post it all here then you can contact company when your ready.

She just got back to me and said she could do three 900watt for $1100 here is the link. That's a 279$ discount. Here is the link to her web site Mars II 900w. I will bring her here to talk when you are ready.

Cool man. Keep posting your updates so I can stay in touch with your grow. Have a good one

Will do. I found an organic store an hour away from me so I'm heading up there today to browse. Ill also get some serious measurements of the room today. Thanks for the light tip, she will be my first choice. Have a great weekend and I appreciate all your help.

these guys were awesome at the store that I went to today. we spent a lot of time on organics and theyve got their bases covered on every ingredient you would ever want. I'm going with a blend of roots organic and some other ingredients were going to add to it. it will be a lot less work. as for the room I think I'm going to square off the apex a little bit on each side creating either a three foot or bigger up to 4 feet wide area for growing. So that would be either a 3' x 5 or say 3.5 x 5. Your best guess ato number of plants I can put in (7 gallon I suppose)and lights needed for that area??? I think I have pictures around here somewhere. just a couple quick pictures when I was insulating and it was still a mess

Re: Way Pumped For My First Grow.

I'm going to spilt my 5x10 room and make two 4x4 growing areas with four plants first time around. First time only one grow then eeeeeease my way into it. Been studying a lot about spectrums and leds in general. Your thoughts on my needs??
Thanks and how do I get to your you tube?

Back
Top Bottom