Ways to tell dirt weed from dro?

Texture, smell, color and my fav method, smoke before you buy :)
In my experience...
Good weed generally has a strong oder, of which depends on the strain.
Good weed is sticky and seems moist, but will still burn readily and not crackle or pop. The stickiness is all of the lovely resin.
Color really depends on the strain, but I would be cautious of any weed that is both dry and has brown undertones.

you can get better bud in dirt then hydro.

Its the way the grower grows it and the conditions of the grow room.

if you talking "terms" and not method, then yeah look for the trichomes.
i never did like the term 'dro'... some peole can grow some messed up nasty bud in hydro and sell it as 'dro'

i think at this point in his smoking career, he is using the term dirt weed to refer to the cheap stuff, aka the brown frown. he also more than likely is using dro to mean quality product.

believe me, once you see some good quality bud, you will know the difference immediately. take a look at the bud galleries on this site, good indication of quality product.

thanks for all the replies. and yes, i was using the term 'dirt weed' for your regular, everyday schwag, and 'dro' for the weed that is really good, and gives you an "Up" high.

the reason i asked this question in the first place is because a friend of mine got some weed, and he told me it was cali dro. it had a really strong fruity smell, and tasted like fruity pebbles. after one joint of this bud, i was really high, but it didn't bring me down like your regular schwag would. i think my eyes actually got wider, and i was excited and sociable, while still being really blown.

the thing is, it did not have crystals on it, it was just really buddy. that contradicts everything i've heard in the past about hydro.

you can get better bud in dirt then hydro.

That, my friend, is purely a matter of personal opinion. I've grown in soil and hydro...smoked, vaped and buttered up bud grown in all manner and fashion, and all things being equal, strain, grower skill etc., there is little noticeable difference. It all comes down to preference of grow style...quality is 90% genetic, 10% grower skill.

some breeders(greenhouse) claim you can get alot better terpene and trich production in soil.(better for personal or medical use) but more mass in hydro (better for commercial purposes)

and if those said breeders grow in soil, im gonna grow in soil!

anyways... dont buy if you see seeds. good hydro, chronic, whatever you call it (medical grade) will sometimes have a seed or 2 but i would keep those if you find them. but if you can outright see seeds throughout the buds dont buy its schwag

smell it, does it just have the classic "marijuana" smell (i call it) the smell of the stuff you smoked in highschool dont buy. if its sticky white purple orange and lime green and smells like heaven buy it!

ok i guess i went the wrong way with this.
some buds are just whiter than others. sometimes the only true test is the smoke

If it looks nice, and smells like gods vagina, smoke it.
Got some Bud the other day, i could immediately tell it was good pot.
Smoked it- Damn it was good bud..

In the sixties we used to get a lot of low quality brick weed out of Mexico. Every now and then you would get a brick that when you broke it apart it smelled like dirt and we called it dirt weed. It wasn't because it was grown in dirt or that it was low quality, it smelled like dirt. In later years any shitty weed ended up being called dirt weed, but true dirt weed was shitty weed that smelled like dirt. Dro or hydro is just a method of growing, dirt weed came about by the handling and storage so even dro could become dirt weed if it is shitty and smells like dirt.

lol i remember a few years ago i say the worst weed i have ever seen, dont even know if i would call it weed.

was brown and looks almost like a bag of shredded tobacco. $250/lb lol
tried smoking 5 fatties back to back and got absolutly nothing but a soar throat
absolute garbage!

i just wish i had a pic of that crap it was an absolute joke, never seen anything that bad before or since then, must have been the true meaning of dirt weed

Yeah i have had some terrible weed there was probably more stem then bud in the bag, absolutely awful stuff. And then there's good ole' Mexican El Bueno which is more like the brickweed previously discussed, don't let the name confuse you this stuff is definitely not Bueno, Esta es la marihuana absolutamente malísima. lol i try to stay away from that stuff now, only kind bud for me.

Back
Top Bottom