Websissy’s Purple Haze Grow Journal, 2021

Hi Websissy! you are having an excellent learning session with this first grow, good job hanging in there to keep learning! I've been following along and am wondering what is your temp in your flowering tent?
Hi @LLHmaryjane :high-five:

it varies because I live in a hot dry climate. My 4’x4’x73” grow tent is in a large sunroom which I keep as dark as possible (with blinds shut and installed a outdoor sun shade over the sliding glass window doors. I keep my house A/C at 77-78. I have a 6” exhaust fan with speed controller, a tall tower fan, and two 6 inch clip on fans. I have the side bottom screen vent open with a 16” floor oscillating fan pumping air in and another duct at the bottom other side opening. I also have a large evaporative humidifier in the tent (does pump out cooler air) set at 50RH. My LED lights have 3 built in fans. Even with all that my temps can get high on hotter days - up to 85F as a high. Normally it’s about 78-83 on average. At night, can get down to 65-70 but not lately because the room is getting harder to keep cool.

Start of week 9 of Flower;
Recap - had some type of nute burn happen around week 3 of flower. I think because I was giving her GH Flora 3 at too high rate (using wrong chart) and added some Cal/Mag and Superthrive - over did the nitrogen I think. With the help of more experienced fellow growers have kept her going - now feeding her just GH Flora Series - late flower amounts. Today she was fed again - about 3 liters with run off.

Still finding seeds - have about 150 now - so unintentional pollination was pretty abundant!

Trying to figure out how to photograph her Trichomes. I can’t see with my bare eyes - have vision issues. Will keep feeding her and checking for any amber color change in the Trichomes. Some buds have some glue like sticky stuff that I’ve noticed. She smells good when I get close up for a good sniff :yummy:

Start of week 9 of Flower;
Recap - had some type of nute burn happen around week 3 of flower. I think because I was giving her GH Flora 3 at too high rate (using wrong chart) and added some Cal/Mag and Superthrive - over did the nitrogen I think. With the help of more experienced fellow growers have kept her going - now feeding her just GH Flora Series - late flower amounts. Today she was fed again - about 3 liters with run off.

Still finding seeds - have about 150 now - so unintentional pollination was pretty abundant!

Trying to figure out how to photograph her Trichomes. I can’t see with my bare eyes - have vision issues. Will keep feeding her and checking for any amber color change in the Trichomes. Some buds have some glue like sticky stuff that I’ve noticed. She smells good when I get close up for a good sniff :yummy:

Looks like some white pistols in that first pic.
Could have a couple weeks left if those are all white pistols. Difficult to tell ,blury.
You can get a scope that works off your phone. Its really simple. Want a link?
Bill

Looks like some white pistols in that first pic.
Could have a couple weeks left if those are all white pistols. Difficult to tell ,blury.
You can get a scope that works off your phone. Its really simple. Want a link?
Bill
Yes for the link to the scope. I bought one on Amazon but still having a hard time getting clear pics. Will return it.

I can’t see and can’t use modern technology, showing my age.
Hopefully it’s not what you had a problem with.
It’s the one I use. Works really well and simple enough for an old fella. I’m sure you can use it too.
Bill

Shed has a different way of taking his close up pics. Maybe this will help, maybe it won't, but I thought I would pass the info along anyhow.

Shed has a different way of taking his close up pics. Maybe this will help, maybe it won't, but I thought I would pass the info along anyhow.

Thanks - order one of those! Was $10 plus free shipping. Not as strong as what I have but a larger view.

Recap - March 28th I flipped my plants to flower - this was the only girl plant. She suffered a nutrient toxicity around the 3rd week of flower. Now she has mostly red/orange pistils, Milky Trichomes. I will probably chop her down Thursday, before the US holiday weekend. :surf: :smokin:

Typically the breeder will state how much time for flowering. If they say 9 weeks then you're in the 'window'. At that point it's a matter of taking it down when you like.
I bought the seeds from a local grower who’s trying to start a cannabis workshop, caretaker, caregiver business. He started selling seeds on local street corners with his canopy that said “Weed Seeds for Sale” right after Arizona made recreational use legal. He told me the time frame of the seeds and the breeder but I didn’t write it down. I’ll need to find out - I do remember them telling me that it was a long grow time. I was clueless 3 months ago about growing.

Decided this morning to harvest her - week 9 and 3 days. Hopefully, she will be a good smoke :) She produced about 150 unintentional seeds (that I’ve found so far). Keeping her in my larger tent with carbon filter and evap humidifier - set to 60 RH. I may move her to the bathroom as her clones need a new home. Will clean the tent really well to rid it of pollen before I move plants in again.

So this is the partial end of my 1st grow :yummy: Now to learn about the curing process. I’ll also document the clones progress in this thread from time to time. Thanks so much to the community members for helping me and keeping me excited to get pics and share this journey!

I watched some videos last night about curing and people trim before hanging to dry. I trimmed one branch this morning but won’t have time to do the rest until next Monday (going away for Memorial Day long weekend). Is it better to trim before hanging to dry?

It's easier to trim wet leaves than dry crunchy ones... other than that no reason.
Thanks - it took me about 45 min to trim one branch - my have 4 more to go!

I trimmed all of them before I left for Mexico! They will be hanging for 4 more days. Hopefully, don’t get overly dry. I have the humidity set to 50% in the tent and have a fan blowing fresh air in. Excited for what they will end up like :)

I trimmed all of them before I left for Mexico! They will be hanging for 4 more days. Hopefully, don’t get overly dry. I have the humidity set to 50% in the tent and have a fan blowing fresh air in. Excited for what they will end up like :)
They should do perfectly... have fun!

The humidifier ran out of water in the tent that my harvest was in. Not sure how long it was out but humidity was 35%. The buds were dry. I clipped them off the branches and filled a mason jar but still had to put some in another airtight container. I want to get a humidity control pack to keep them from being too dry during the curing. I think I got about 4oz from this plant. The buds aren’t that dense.

Back
Top Bottom