Week 1 first indoor grow any tips

no reason you cant get 4-5 oz from most plants you just have to have a decent set up and the time. Im growing an Ice/sativa cross my mate developed were thinking of calling it Deep Freeze, think it produces ok just pulled two plants after 6 week flower for nearly 11oz.

Thought id post this info for you about pk, i do change my fert increasing the P and K when i flip them to 12/12.

Most compound fertilisers will contain three elements essential for growth, NPK which stands for Nitrogen (N) Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K). These elements help plants grow in different ways and an understanding of this will help you when choosing the correct fertiliser for a plant or for a stage in the development of a plant.
When you buy a packaged commercial fertiliser you will see an analysis of the NPK content. An equally balanced fertiliser may be described as 5% Nitrogen, 5% Phosphorus and 5% Potassium. You may also see Potassium described as Potash.

Nitrogen the N in NPK

Nitrogen is used by the plant to produce leafy growth and formation of stems and branches. Plants most in need of nitrogen include grasses and leafy vegetables such as cabbage and spinach. Basically, the more leaf a plant produces, the higher its nitrogen requirement. See nitrogen requirements of vegetables.
Although 78% of the atmosphere is nitrogen, most plants cannot utilize this. Plants in the bean family, legumes, have nodules on their roots where bacteria live that fix nitrogen from the air for use by the plant. They provide their own nitrogen fertilizer this way.
Shortage of Nitrogen in Plants - Symptoms

You can tell if your plants need nitrogen when their growth is stunted with weak stems and they will have yellowed or discoloured leaves
Application of Nitrogen

Nitrogenous fertilisers are quickly washed out of the soil by rain and need to be renewed annually. With crops that require a lot of nitrogen over a period of time, like cabbages, adding nitrogen incrementally through the growth period is the most efficient application method.
Phosphorus the P in NPK

Phosphorus is essential for seed germination and root development. It is needed particularly by young plants forming their root systems andby fruit and seed crops. Root vegetables such as carrots, swedes and turnips obviously need plentiful phosphorus to develop well.
Shortage of Phosphorus in Plants - Symptoms

Without ample phosphorus you will see stunted growth, probably a purple tinge to leaves and low fruit yields.
Application of Phosphorus

Phosphates remain in the soil for two or three years after application so the amount in a general fertilizer is probably enough. Add just before planting or top dress during growth periods.
Potassium the K in NPK

Potassium has the chemical symbol K from its Latin name kalium. It promotes flower and fruit production and is vital for maintaining growth and helping plants resist disease. It's used in the process of building starches and sugars so is needed in vegetables and fruits. Carrots, parsnips, potatoes, tomatoes and apples all need plenty of potassium to crop well.
Potassium is naturally found in wood ash which is where it its name potash is derived from To recap potash is potassium and vice versa when discussing fertilisers.
Shortage of Potassium in Plants - Symptoms

Plants that are short of potash will have low resistance to disease, scorching of leaves and poor fruit yield. Tomatoes will really show the effects of a shortage of potassium
Application of Potassium

Potash usually last for two or three years in the soil but for vegetable production (tomatoes, potatoes especially) additional will be required. This can be applied as a liquid feed, either commercial or made from comfrey, for tomatoes or a specially prepared fertiliser, high in potassium for potatoes.

So as you can see the PK part is important during the flowering stage, there are alot of Bloom/Flowering ferts out there which are high in the PK

Hope this helps bro :)

Hello all hope you all have had a good week, here are some photos this is the end of week 4 of flower, on 2 plants i have some yellow spots on the tips of the leaf, if dasher can help me there,

IMG-20130606-00144.jpg
IMG-20130606-00143.jpg
IMG-20130606-00142.jpg
IMG-20130606-00141.jpg
IMG-20130606-00140.jpg
IMG-20130606-00139.jpg
IMG-20130530-00117.jpg

hi i have some problem.

the first photo is of the 3 seeds i flipped to 12/12 after just 14days, all looks good
IMG-20130613-00151.jpg

these next photo are of ther other 4 plants that were flipped to 12,12 after 30days they seem to be sick, today is the start of week 6 flower. what should i do????? thanks
IMG-20130613-00156.jpg
IMG-20130613-00155.jpg
IMG-20130613-00154.jpg
IMG-20130613-00153.jpg
IMG-20130613-00152.jpg

hi dasher
glad you are ok mate, the 4 sick plants i have moved to another tent i flushed them with water because i didnt know what to do, they still look sick, i dont know what has happened as the 4 other ones are fine and have been watered and feed at the same time, any ideas???? you was worryed about my pot size a while ago do you think it mite be that? but then the other 4 are fine just 15 days younger. i only have 2 weeks 3day left of flowering that will be the end of week 8.

Smokemupm8 says

"Almost looks like a Boron problem and also a Potassium I think, as the damage to the edges on the leaves looks like that??? Id get his PH checked, and corrected firstly, then go from there.. May need a flush and slowly feed from quarter strength to half and so on.
Otherwise, it looks like maybe a bad Nitrogen burn or Light burn if the globe was too close! But Im guessing that isnt the issue.. Cant give any other advice on that one mate.. GOODLUCK;) "

Well sounds like you did the safe thing with the flush mate, as the sick plants are older and further thru flowering than the others that are fine on the same fert regime i dont see PH or excessive fert to be the problem, which leads to think its a deficiency of some type, im only guessing tho mate hopefully we'll get a couple more opinions.

hi thanks dasher my ph has always been 6.3 to 6.5 will just water from now on as they only have just over 2weeks to go i hope i can kep them going, the weird thing is i have new buds growing on the bottom.
will keep you posted

Yeah with two weeks left probably too late for a fix and you will end up smoking some of that too, funny you say about the new growth i have a couple that have yellowed substantially more than the rest and have some really ugly damage to the big fan leaves but they seem to be freasher than the rest with less browning of the pistols which is the reverse of what i would expect.

Good luck for the next couple of weeks bro be interesting to see how they pan out.

what nutrients are you using and how much per litre or gallon? what are you adjusting your pH of your nutrient solution to? what is the medium you are using? what size of pots are you currently using? for before flowering you want to get your plants into a 18-20 litre pot or 5 gallon pot. how often are you watering and how much? do your pots get light before you water again? are you over or under watering? what is the temperature inside your tent? can you try to take some clear photographs of the leaf damage and rest or the plant including new growth and old growth?

will try and take some better photo tomorrow,
i use canna A and B 20ml in 5 L,
water every 2 to 3 days
temp is 30, my pots are 6L,
ph is 6.3 to 6.5
just weird why the other 4 are fine when they were watered and feed at the same time in same tent and pots

have just been giving them water with ph 6.5 and they dont seem to be getting worse which is good

hello dasher and all the rest of you,

here are some photo's
here is my new 8 all looks good 2nd week of flower
IMG-20130621-00171.jpg

and here are some photos of the 4 sick plants start of week 7

IMG-20130621-00182.jpg
IMG-20130621-00181.jpg
IMG-20130621-00180.jpg
IMG-20130621-00179.jpg
IMG-20130621-00175.jpg
IMG-20130621-00172.jpg
IMG-20130621-00182.jpg

here are some photo of the other 4 that seem to be ok

IMG-20130621-00176.jpg
IMG-20130621-00177.jpg

Is it worth fixing the problem with only 1 week to go till havest???? and if i just leave them will the smoke and taste be rubbish? and how did the problem start what did i do wrong.

many thanks

that amount of dried salt is not normal. what type of dried salt is that? i hope it is not table salt or sodium chloride. is that dried fertilizer salt? i would not recommend bottom feeding plants as that usually keeps the roots too wet.

i would not recommend bottom feeding. it is normal for a nutrient mixture to evaporate and leave behind its fertilizer salts. excessive fertilizer salts would severely hurt the roots of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom