Week 1 first indoor grow any tips

roundstone

week 1 first indoor grow (tips please)

hello all
week_1.png
this is my very first indoor grow, did do an out door one last year but got rummbled, and if anyone can give me tips on watering, feed, when to switch to 12/12. i am using a cfl bulb but will switch to other type of light hib or what ever it is called for flowering. I have 5 wwxbb

thanks
and happy 420

As far as tips go, with watering and nutes, less is more. Try not to over water, get a feel for the weight of your pots when they are dry and when they are wet, then you will know if they feel light, they need water. As far as 12/12 goes, it pretty much depends on how much vertical space you have, dont them get too tall in veg becuase they will almost double in the bud room.

hi ok many thanks for that will just see how things go then. Just hope i have pleant of light all seems well at the moment. thanks again

love them and talk to them. Make sure you have a fan to simulate breeze, nature sounds to emulate being outdoors, and (always sanitize your hands first) but touch them.. Rub the stems, not only will it give the plant the impression that it is a part of nature ( I know this sounds weird) but it will also help to strengthen the stem. The stems do not just grow strong, they have to be made that way. the stronger the better. Less is better with watering and ferts. but most of all, love them. moving into flowering can be done as soon as the plant is mature enough, usually between 12 and 20 inches in height. It is all up to you when you move into flowering though, some people veg their plants for a year before flowering for huge crops. good luck

Hi Jimmy
i have only water them once when i put in bigger pots, what temp should the room be at???
here is another photo
week_2_leaf.png

Hi Jimmy
i have only water them once when i put in bigger pots, what temp should the room be at???
here is another photo
week_2_leaf.png

Welcome roundstone.... just saw post! Ideally day time room temp should be around 75f give or take a slight swing in either direction. In the night time I would advise a temp of between 67-72... For my setup I don't like to drop more than 5 degrees in the dark time.
Also watering IMO it is recommended to water thoroughly and allow to dry out(if not sure how much is to dry plants will let you know) doing this allows the roots to utilize the all of the space available. If watered a little bit everyday plants tend to become root bound much faster and dont have time to stretch out.... make them search that water out! Hope this was of some help! :thumb:

Hi All here is week 3 photo
IMG-20130503-00038.jpg
i put some feed,water in the tray it has all gone now.

Do i feed every time i water in veg????????

Thanks

Its best to feed with every watering IF its done in proper amounts and with proper drainage and amount of water so that they get flushed enough.

However if done wrong its very easy to over nute plants of to cause salt buildup. Both of these can damage or kill a plant very fast.

Hi jimmy
so do i put the water and feed in the tray and let the plant drink that way or feed from top of the pots?????
many thanks

ok so what temp does your fan come on and off??
i have 3 fans one in side tent circulate air, the fan on filter, and a fan blowing fresh air inside tent, can you tell me which ones and what to do

thanks

round you dont need a fan blowing air in since you have a fan sucking air out through the filter.

Just run that filter fan 24/7 and run the inside air circulator 24/7.

A fan blowing air into the tent does almost nothing if you also have a fan sucking air out.

ok many thanks just taken the fan out. just made a mix of feed and water and it was 7.5 but i put to much ph in and now it is 3.4???????????? do i start again

Back
Top Bottom