Week 2 - Mob, AK, Sweet Tooth - Winter Indoor 2017 Journal 1

Advocate420

Opening a thread to start a grow journal. With some convincing I may stay with T5 for flowering. I havnt locked down a decision as I have a 1000w/600w adjustable MH/HPS collecting dust.
This is my second grow ever. I am a mmmj patient growing for self only.

Space: Mylar hand made "tent". Area is about 4.5' by 3.5' by about 6'
Light: Currently 6 in veg under 4' 4 bulb T5.
19hr on, 5hr off.
Strains: MOB, Sweet Tooth, AK ( clone guy supplied )
Humidity: about 45-55%
Temp: about 70 on and off
Ventilation: 6 inch inline fan in. 6 inch inline fan with carbon filter out. Adjusted to low for noise reduction.
Nutes: organic farms starter box. Add molasses and microbes. Water sitting, being heated with molasses and microbes added and an air stones for circulation. Nutes added right before applied
Medium: soil. General organic mix with Perialite and aquarium rocks to lighten/add air
Pest and bug control while in veg, dr bonners peppermint soap with NEEM oil applied every couple of days before lights out.
Training: lst with stakes, fim tops from growing too fast, super cropping. Few plants topped from super cropping too hard.

That should be a good start. Thankyou for sharing, supporting and suggesting.
IMG_022253.JPG

hey scrogdawg. I'm easy to convince. I will get to brain storming. I have the time to at least give it a go. Might even get a canopy I trust to the T5. I'm sure I'm going to end up with my 600 or 1000w HID lighting. But I have to say I don't need huge weight but care a lot about potency, taste and smell in that order. I still don't quite understand how to properly weave. I love high stress training as well lst techniques But I'm sure it will make more sense if I had the screen set up.

Weaving a scrog is more of an art than a science. Everything stays under the screen and you just move the branches around and adjust as necessary to keep it filling out and level. Once you get started moving the branches around it just kind of starts to fall into place.

USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN

lol trust me i was confused at first but looking at your plants you seem to be keeping a level canopy already... And thats all your doing in a scrog

Like scrogdawg said once you get going it just kind of happens lol

I dont see anything wrong with your plants...
Maybe better pics of what your seeing exactly

Goodluck ill be around here for sure

Not So Rookie Anymore

I'm doing my best to train the hell out of them. Right now for me I'm in no rush for harvest so high stress training in combo with the other methods will knowingly cause a longer veg time. I could look up these plants for how many weeks of flower but I think I will get a magnifying glass for evaluation of trichomes as my marker for done-ness.

As is said everything in nature takes time and everything always seems to get done. This is my second grow ever. Today will be twine day lol gotta learn to weave a net.
IMG_024258.JPG

Okay. I've got twine, wood and screws. The screen idea is making other challenges. For example I was planning on a bigger pot before flowering but I might go overkill on pot size. I like as big as I can get. But I see on threads that most on here get away with much smaller pot sizes then I would expect.
Right now I'm about to spark up and brainstorm how to make this screen work. I'm going to have to build it in my room and will have to keep it in there as I'd have to destroy my tent to remove the framing. So could use some ideas. I thought about putting it on hinges so it can be up while plants are small and the lowered into place as needed. I intend to learn to weave a net and don't mind cutting it up come harvest time.
It's amazing how one good idea makes you have to rethink 10 other ideas. I guess I finally found a hobby !

USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN
USE A SCREEN

lol trust me i was confused at first but looking at your plants you seem to be keeping a level canopy already... And thats all your doing in a scrog

Like scrogdawg said once you get going it just kind of happens lol

I dont see anything wrong with your plants...
Maybe better pics of what your seeing exactly

Goodluck ill be around here for sure

Not So Rookie Anymore

Well I've been stewing over the net idea and I simply don't know how I will manage the plants farthest from the enterence. I won't be able to get to them. Even without a net I'm scratching my head. I'm not going to fit in there with them before long. So I don't know. Bigger pots and two plants maybe would help so I'm not crawling past 100 shoots to water trim and tuck. Duh I'm a dummy

So when the plants get bigger I won't be able to get to the ones in the back of the grow space. My solution is less plants.
Kicked MOB and one ak and one sweet tooth out. Going to play with cloning and stick them outdoors in the spring.
So here is the two winners. When they get bigger I was going to put in 30 gallon pots. At that time I'll figure out if I can only do one plant at a time, or a bigger pot with two plants in it. Then I can rotate it around and won't have to reach past other plants. I think I'll work on setting up the hood and HID lighting after next week.
IMG_024655.JPG
IMG_024760.JPG

Hope this isn't a step backwards.

Well it seems I was right about the beginning of an issue. I am doing my best to diagnose.

So far I've corrected the humidity. Sitting over 50% now. Unfortunately I had to humidify the whole room not just the tent to accomplish it. Little damp in there lol.

I gave it a feeding today. With molasses and my nutes I don't know if my meter is accurate e but the ph was very very low. My dirt is still close to 7 or a touch less. Two different meters give two different readings. And the same meter reads the run off as much higher then when put on top but still way too acidic So trying to evaluate and correct the PH

it could be nute burn but I havnt been feeding too often I have been using strait water in between feedings

Im considering that I have maybe been under watering. I will correct this and try keeping a little more damp and see if they perk up any.

And finally in case it's some kind of an issue with the light I tried moving it a little farther away to see if that changes things

I know I'm changing too many things at once but I'm just trying to secure homeostasis :)

Here is one leave that stood out from the rest. The plants seem kinda yellow to me. They also don't seem perky.
IMG_025063.JPG
IMG_024952.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom