Db003 Prism Lighting Science 315W CMH - Top Shelf Elite In Super Soil - 2x4 Grow Tent

time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light grows

just got done watering all my plants they all got plain water and doing a lot more training on the scrog net they all have reached the net now so that's awesome I also trimmed of a nice pile of fan leaves to get some light to the centers of the plants to promote growth

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the plants in my grow tent are under a prism lighting science 315w cmh are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day #38 from sprout and day #31 from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day #38 from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day #31 from sprout

the single photo plant in the closet under a prism lighting science 315w cmh is

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day #37 from sprout

so I checked and its at about 24 inches
i'm very interested in your out come with the 315cmh. I also use a 315 & I have one 630w cmh lec. i have been using the 630 for about one yr., while only using the 315 for one grow cycle. The 630 is hard to control the heat in a 4x4, and you've got to be extra careful, as it will burn the leaves. I also find that the plants finish about a week earlier, than under hps. Subbed.

i'm very interested in your out come with the 315cmh. I also use a 315 & I have one 630w cmh lec. i have been using the 630 for about one yr., while only using the 315 for one grow cycle. The 630 is hard to control the heat in a 4x4, and you've got to be extra careful, as it will burn the leaves. I also find that the plants finish about a week earlier, than under hps. Subbed.

thanks for stopping by and for the info on your experience with your cmh lights

this will be my first run with the 315w cmh but so far i love the thing

as for heat it cant be any worse then the 600w air cooled hps that i had in my tent last grow and if push comes to shove i still have my air cooled hood i could get a adapter and put the cmh in it and air cool it that would help a little

You will have no problem with the 315 and I should have bought two 315s, when I bought the 630. They now make these lights with air cooled hoods. They are very energy efficient !! And I do believe they put out more than 315w ? I've read that lec cmh doesn't work as well, if used to penetrate the glass of an air cooled hood?

You will have no problem with the 315 and I should have bought two 315s, when I bought the 630. They now make these lights with air cooled hoods. They are very energy efficient !! And I do believe they put out more than 315w ? I've read that lec cmh doesn't work as well, if used to penetrate the glass of an air cooled hood?

the 315 bulb is getting a lot of spot light lately like you said sun systems has a passive air cooled hood with glass and you are right the glass it does block out some of the spectrum and some of the uv rays but it does that to hps bulbs too with glass in the hood

the new 315w air cooled hoods have the type of hood that they use with double ended bulbs its meant to cool the area around the bulb and not the bulb itself since db bulbs and cmh bulbs need to run at high temps to achieve there full spectrum unlike hps bulbs

but i don't like that the ballast is in the hood in the air cooled chm hoods its another all in one set up i like my ballast out side my tent but that's me

i have been reading that hortilux is coming out with a 315w bulb but only in 4200k version that blocks 50% less uv them then any other 315w bulb on the market

time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light grows both in super soil

just got done watering all my plants they all got plain water today and I just put some corn in water to soak so they will be getting a corn seed sprout tea soon

my plants are quite frankly growing like... weeds! lol but for real there growing so fast and just about filled up the scrog net I also did some much needed lollipopping on the plants under the net

I took some before and after pics of the auto plants in the scrog and of the photo plant in the closet grow of the lolloping

I did some training on the plant in the closet grow too it got some leaves trimmed and I did some low stress training on it but like the first time I tried to do lst on it

some of the branches started pulling away from the main stock this plant does not like lst i can say that much but takes to topping well so I backed off a little on some of the lst but still got some lst training for the most part

it should be fine the knuckles will heal and be just fine after a week or so not sure when I will put the photo plant in flower yet but should not be much longer

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day #40 from sprout and day #33 from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day #40 from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day #33 from sprout

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day #39 from sprout

time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light grows both in super soil

just got done watering all my plants they all got plain water today and I just put some corn in water to soak so they will be getting a corn seed sprout tea soon

my plants are quite frankly growing like... weeds! lol but for real there growing so fast and just about filled up the scrog net I also did some much needed lollipopping on the plants under the net

I took some before and after pics of the auto plants in the scrog and of the photo plant in the closet grow of the lolloping

I did some training on the plant in the closet grow too it got some leaves trimmed and I did some low stress training on it but like the first time I tried to do lst on it

some of the branches started pulling away from the main stock this plant does not like lst i can say that much but takes to topping well so I backed off a little on some of the lst but still got some lst training for the most part

it should be fine the knuckles will heal and be just fine after a week or so not sure when I will put the photo plant in flower yet but should not be much longer

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day #40 from sprout and day #33 from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day #40 from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day #33 from sprout

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day #39 from sprout

What do you use the clamps for?

I believe the clamps are for holding down the string attached to the stems to spread the canopy out and even the height of the plant.

i know right there great i pick up a few boxes of them when i am at staples every now and then

I think I over purchased I bought a 6 pack of them on Amazon. In later growth I found they were really good with pipe cleaners.

just got done watering all my plants in my tent and my closet grows they all got plain water today and did some more training on the scrog

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day #42 from sprout and day #35 from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day #42 from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day #35 from sprout

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day #41 from sprout

I decided not to do ant training on my scrog this time in my grow tent with the autos to see if they stretch any more I also switched my in my closet grow to 12/12 to start the flower cycle on my photo plant I will call tomorrow day #1 of flower I figured 6 weeks of veg from seed sounded right for my 315w cmh closet photo grow

I got my timer in my closet grow to come on at 8 pm and go off at 8 am and the timer on the grow tent with the autos is set to go on at 8 pm and off at 2 pm so I will start watering them at night from now on in this grow instead of the morning like I have been

just got done watering all my plants in my tent and my closet grows they all got a corn seed sprout tea with aloe vera powder and coconut water powder

I used 56 grams of organic corn seed that was sprouted over the last 4 days and put it in a blender with a teaspoon of the aloe powder and coconut powder and strained it in to my five gallon bucket of water and let it bubble for 1 hour before I used it

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day #44 from sprout and day #37 from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day #44 from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day #37 from sprout

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day #43 from sprout this is the last day of veg tomorrow will be day #1 of flower

Back
Top Bottom