Week 7 What’s Your Guys’ Thoughts?

The trick, is fooling it into acting like its days or hours are numbered and it better get busy getting done. A Master' degree is helping to guide you (I am always humble for E's knowledge) and looking the gift horse in the mouth lol no offense Stunger it just stresses it and the response is to up the juice and it works. The dark period is shutting down the chlorophyll cycle and sending moisture and nutrients back into the roots. This happens naturally outdoors and a longer night cycle draws less of some and more than others while the plants flowers are fattening up, and E's point of turning the strength of your lights down gradually, its natural mimicry and pure on/off and will make the plant less natural. That's why I think some people have a hit or miss on potency and strength and growth rate, speculative speculation and the ramblings of some old guy ;)

... until it dies. Hmmm.. that's interesting, what a lovely treat it'd be to get some self feminized seeds!
I wonder what the chances of that happening are, if the plant or part of the plant is left to live until it dies? If the likelihood was almost certain I'd have to have a re-think of my drying approach which is to hang dry the whole plant. Funnily enough a grow buddy is coming around later today with some male pollen from a White Widow XTRM x Gorgonzola grown from regular seeds that I'd originally made and given him, the 'WG' is our favourite strain so far, and as he's grown out a male, I want to make use of the pollen to pollinate a couple of selected stems of each of my 3 strains as it would seem a shame not make some seeds from them even if they are regular seeds.
If he made a mother plant he would not want r need seeds

I have 4 mother plants at the moment. What a pain in the grow room they have been. The big old things are needy as they can be and even though I have tried to keep them small by keeping them in small containers and put dinky lights on them, they have gotten too big. I can't wait till spring to get them out in the yard.

Meanwhile, I have been so busy with other projects, I never used the plants as intended... I never took clones from any of them. And meanwhile, that is 4 less plants that I can legally have in my veg rooms. Unless you really intend to take 50-100 clones of something to fill up a large grow room, there are many more effective ways to keep a line in your pocket than keeping a mother. It is going to be a long long time before I ever get the urge to do that again.

Back
Top Bottom