Week 7 What’s Your Guys’ Thoughts?

FoolishWise Guy

Week 7 into Flowering .......
What do u guys thinks

Do u guys think 6 days can make any improvement.... if I was to finish at week 8 but left it 6 days extra would that make any difference on weight, the quality and quantity

Snapchat-866067758.jpg

Snapchat-800585878.jpg

Snapchat-945122350.jpg

Snapchat-1301080890.jpg

Snapchat-1468412796.jpg

Snapchat-1680660869.jpg

Snapchat-542473362.jpg

Snapchat-534775087.jpg

Snapchat-406013627.jpg

Too early... sage advice is wait til you think they are done and add another week or two. it’s not like 6 days is going to double the weight or anything but fresh spikey pistils says she’s still growing... remeber those are breeders estimates on time to finish but the estimates are given to the early side of the harvest window. I’d say another 2 weeks but that depends on your preferences

You’ve got some very nice buddage tho!!!

Week 7 into Flowering .......
What do u guys thinks

Do u guys think 6 days can make any improvement.... if I was to finish at week 8 but left it 6 days extra would that make any difference on weight, the quality and quantity
Sorry FWG, but I can't tell from your pictures where these buds are at. The closeups of the buds are washed out and I can't see the pistils. Get closer in and don't shoot into the light.

I suggest an experiment. Chop some at various stages so you can sample the point of ripeness that is best for you. Improvement by waiting longer might ruin it in some people's minds while it would make it just right for others. The state of the trichomes is very personal and very subjective to what you need the medicine for... for enlightenment, pain management or healing.

So if the crop finishes out to what you feel is the best point of ripeness (for me it is 2% amber at the top) in 8 weeks, let some of it go for even longer... if you have the room to do it, go 10 weeks, and even let a tiny bit go to 12 weeks or until it dies. You might be surprised that the last bit actually produces some feminized seeds for you too.

Yes, depending on when you harvest makes a huge difference in quality, weight and even how you end up best using the pot.

if you have the room to do it, go 10 weeks, and even let a tiny bit go to 12 weeks or until it dies. You might be surprised that the last bit actually produces some feminized seeds for you too.
... until it dies. Hmmm.. that's interesting, what a lovely treat it'd be to get some self feminized seeds!
I wonder what the chances of that happening are, if the plant or part of the plant is left to live until it dies? If the likelihood was almost certain I'd have to have a re-think of my drying approach which is to hang dry the whole plant. Funnily enough a grow buddy is coming around later today with some male pollen from a White Widow XTRM x Gorgonzola grown from regular seeds that I'd originally made and given him, the 'WG' is our favourite strain so far, and as he's grown out a male, I want to make use of the pollen to pollinate a couple of selected stems of each of my 3 strains as it would seem a shame not make some seeds from them even if they are regular seeds.

Yes thanks guys for the support and comments i would let it go longer but I'm going abroad soon so I have to take it down and dry it by the end of the month .... I just hope the drying time doesn't take too long

Here some snap shots
But I agree they still have fresh pistols , hence why I said 6 extra days will lead to the 12th and then another 7 days to dry

So I'm in a pickle

Snapchat-467669892.jpg

Snapchat-382298404.jpg

Yes thanks guys for the support and comments i would let it go longer but I'm going abroad soon so I have to take it down and dry it by the end of the month .... I just hope the drying time doesn't take too long
Emilya's fridge dry suggestion allows you to go to the wire, just eat up all the fridge food before you leave to make space for the dry! Otherwise, if slow drying your plants whole was an option you could harvest, hang them, and leave. Otherwise, burping the jars is going to be an issue while you're away and I presume in that case you'd have to harvest now to get them in a state that you could lock up and leave without mould overtaking them.

Too soon, clip some plates, all the mains and get it to surge on resin and flipping to amber. I did one a week ago and the frost is almost gone, I like it that way. Nice op, really frosty right?

Too soon, clip some plates, all the mains and get it to surge on resin and flipping to amber. I did one a week ago and the frost is almost gone, I like it that way. Nice op, really frosty right?
Hey SoGnot. Can you explain what mean by this to get it to surge on resin and flip to amber. Thanks!

Yes that the only option I have is to host take it far as I can iv not use a fridge before normally hang them upside down or in a net and make sure the temperature is at 23 degrees with the fan blowing not directly on them

Hi what would u say the best best way to tell the plant to finish off
What signs could I give it
shave an hour off of the light period to simulate fall. Lower the temperatures. Lower the light intensity or raise the lights a few inches... all of these are tricks that have been known to work well.

Back
Top Bottom