Welcome To The Thunder Dome

Just be careful, the MG has food that is supposed to last for three months and any added can burn your plants. I would suggest making a tea with the blood meal and giving it a quarter strength dose to see how the plants handle it. I just let my plants grow. They did grow a little slow but once the got a little bigger they seemed to handle the MG organic better. Good luck and I feel you on the MG I tried the MG Organic and plants do grow but they don't seem to thrive like they do with other soils like Fox Farms and others. Again good luck..

Just be careful, the MG has food that is supposed to last for three months and any added can burn your plants. I would suggest making a tea with the blood meal and giving it a quarter strength dose to see how the plants handle it. I just let my plants grow. They did grow a little slow but once the got a little bigger they seemed to handle the MG organic better. Good luck and I feel you on the MG I tried the MG Organic and plants do grow but they don't seem to thrive like they do with other soils like Fox Farms and others. Again good luck..

Sonzer,

I think your dead on with your analysis of Miracle Grow.
I currently still use it but I plan on making the switch at the first opportunity.
I have lost plants that are less than 2 months old after feeding them with Miracle Grow. I now make sure I dilute the mixture and wait 2 weeks between feeding with Miracle Grow.

Thats a problem that happens with miracle grow growing soil with self releasing nutes inside.
That was not the question asked.
Miracle grow organic blood meal fertilizer.
12-0-0
Instructions read not to mix with water and ad directly to soil.
Over a period of two months its supose to release.
Looks like little chunks of burnt charcoal and burnt meat

Now the topic in question. Even thoe this is organic, will this stuff burn the plants like the potting soil with nutes in it. Or just follow instructions and all should be ok.

Thats a problem that happens with miracle grow growing soil with self releasing nutes inside.
That was not the question asked.
Miracle grow organic blood meal fertilizer.
12-0-0
Instructions read not to mix with water and ad directly to soil.
Over a period of two months its supose to release.
Looks like little chunks of burnt charcoal and burnt meat

Now the topic in question. Even thoe this is organic, will this stuff burn the plants like the potting soil with nutes in it. Or just follow instructions and all should be ok.

Wow, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Most everyone here is just trying to help. Just take a deep breath it will be ok... Maybe what I wrote was not clear sometimes I do that. But what I was trying to say is be careful with adding anything to the MG it has three months of nutes and overfeeding with anything is very easy to do.

And on a side note, I add blood meal to my teas for my vegging plants and it seems to work out very well. Adding it as a top dressing will release the meal slowly for months and if your are planning on using flower nutes I don't think you would want to have all that Nitrogen slowly releasing into your soil. You lose all control that way. Just an opinion. But whatever works.

Wow, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Most everyone here is just trying to help. Just take a deep breath it will be ok... Maybe what I wrote was not clear sometimes I do that. But what I was trying to say is be careful with adding anything to the MG it has three months of nutes and overfeeding with anything is very easy to do.

And on a side note, I add blood meal to my teas for my vegging plants and it seems to work out very well. Adding it as a top dressing will release the meal slowly for months and if your are planning on using flower nutes I don't think you would want to have all that Nitrogen slowly releasing into your soil. You lose all control that way. Just an opinion. But whatever works.

hu oh noes we all cool here :ganjamon:
maybe i wrote it and it came of that way
we know that mg potting soil with the nutes things can be bad sometimes making flushing sometimes imposible
we dont have that
but anyways the question was with miracle grow blood meal

how much blood meal do you use in your water?

Sounds like a good plan to me. And even if it does not work it does not hurt to give it a try. Somebody has to be the first. Give it a go. I would like to see it for sure...

So here is the update
DSCF2372.JPG

DSCF2367.JPG

Here are the ones that have been in pots
DSCF2366.JPG

DSCF2365.JPG

DSCF2364.JPG

This is zepplin its only two days older than everyone else
I think it might be a male by the rate its growing lol.
DSCF2363.JPG

DSCF2361.JPG

DSCF2360.JPG

:roorrip:

Is there any way to use an air pump to pump more oxygen to/through the soil?

In short, no, but I read something the other day that made me understand a little better how soil plants get oxygen, and while it doesn't answer your question, it might help. When you water your pot, the water should go through rather quickly, as many know. This "force" of the water being pulled to the bottom also pulls in oxygen.

I don't know If I just never thought about it (i'm a hydro man) but I found that interesting. :grinjoint: Nice little operation too btw, i'm tuned in. :peace:

Thanks MI-grower and ultra sonic for stopping by.
As for my idea I'm still going to research about it.
I have a feeling that there is a crazy contraption i can build to deliver extra oxygen to the roots. I will keep everyone updated on all methods I use and ideas i come up with.

As of today zepplin has started five leafing, And i made a small hydro like experiment.
Its a pot with massive drainage holes at the bottom on top of a reservoir filled about 2/3 of its mass. The air pump runs through the top of the pot to the bottom of the reservoir with an air stone to bubble up o2/nutes. I place one of my many random seedlings into it and so far so good. Does anyone have any input about this idea?

As of today zepplin has started five leafing, And i made a small hydro like experiment.
Its a pot with massive drainage holes at the bottom on top of a reservoir filled about 2/3 of its mass. The air pump runs through the top of the pot to the bottom of the reservoir with an air stone to bubble up o2/nutes. I place one of my many random seedlings into it and so far so good. Does anyone have any input about this idea?

Plants are looking good. Not sure I understand or can even picture what you have explained above, but I am a little slow. I am assuming your are watering you plants by hand. You could fill up a five gallon bucket with water and put and air stone in the bucket to add oxygen into the water you are watering you plants with. This does two things, It get rid of the chlorine from the water and also and oxygen to the water which in turn ands more oxygen to the roots when you use it to water. Just a thought and good luck..

Back
Top Bottom