What’s Wrong With This Picture?

Txrebeldawg

Ok, are these seeds growing upside down or am I going loco??? It looks to me like the root is growing straight up???

PXL_20210122_180111127.jpg

Ok, are these seeds growing upside down or am I going loco??? It looks to me like the root is growing straight up???

Couldn't do that if I tried but yup looks upside-down. o_O

Split peat pods open lay in root close up . Put elastic around or just plant them.

Its really weird that it happens to all of them. Does anybody know what can cause this?
Did you soak split and plant them or did you just drop them in.

I scratched them along the seam with a needle, then soaked them.
It must have something to do with that method of planting.
I've never heard of scratching them before. But what evr way you put them in forced the root upward. Strange thought, because they have an internal mechanism of sorts that will make root go down and stem go up regardless of which way a seed is facing. Seriously Bizarre. :sorry:

Its really weird that it happens to all of them. Does anybody know what can cause this?
The floor of the area and the sides are coated with droplets of water. It is possible that the humidity is so high that the air is just as moist as one of the peat blocks when they have been soaked.

If the air was drier it is likely that the roots would start to dry out a bit and that would encourage them to stay inside the peat pellets.
My thoughts exactly lol!! I was under the impression the root would ALWAYS follow gravity and head downward.
That is what I would figure but on a rare occasion I have seen newly sprouted vegetable or flower seeds do that. But it is very rare and the soil has to be really wet and the humidity high. The sprouts that did that did grow like that did not survive more than a couple of hours once the sun was up.

I had just sprayed my cubes right before I took the pics. That's The reason for the water drops.I have a seedling mat under the pods. I wonder if maybe that could have something to do with it?? Maybe it was to hot under the pods so they grew away from the heat??

Back
Top Bottom