Can somebody help me with these spots on my leaves

Not calci
This is my second grow so I'm still new to this. I have these spots on my leaves and I think it's a Calcium deficiency. I'm growing in fox farms Coco Loco under a Mars Hydro ts1000 and 2 300w Led grow lights. The plant I am having the problem with is a white widow Auto. I added CalMag just not sure if I added enough bc it seems like these spots are eating my leaves up at a pretty quick pace. I don't want to loose this plant if I can help it bc she budding pretty good but just started and has some time to go but I feel like whatever the problem. Is could jeopardize this harvest. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Sorry for the bad pic quality

20211204_184749.jpg

20211204_184754.jpg
Not calcium magnesium.

Not calci

Not calcium magnesium.
Magnesium is semi-mobile within the plant. When a deficiency is noted, the plant can steal magnesium from the lower and mid level leaves, so magnesium damage is usually seen there.

Calcium is not mobile within the plant. If there is a deficiency of calcium it is immediately noted in the rapidly growing part of the plant, in the upper third.

By determining where the damage is, one can note whether they are dealing with a mobile or non mobile element, and this will greatly help in correctly diagnosing whether it is calcium or magnesium causing the problem.

Magnesium is semi-mobile within the plant. When a deficiency is noted, the plant can steal magnesium from the lower and mid level leaves, so magnesium damage is usually seen there.

Calcium is not mobile within the plant. If there is a deficiency of calcium it is immediately noted in the rapidly growing part of the plant, in the upper third.

By determining where the damage is, one can note whether they are dealing with a mobile or non mobile element, and this will greatly help in correctly diagnosing whether it is calcium or magnesium causing the problem.
That you couldn't explain that any better didn't know how to.

According to Rosenthal's book, magnesium deficiency causes the leaves to yellow on the edges: "... starts in the lower leaves. The veins remain green while the rest of the leaf turns yellow...". According to the book, what you have there looks more like calcium or phosphorous deficiency, i.e. brown necrosis spots, if indeed this is a deficiency and not over-fertilizing (nutrient burn). My Trichome Tech book says that magnesium deficiency causes stunting of growth, which it seems this plant doesn't have. Again, maybe the plant didn't have enough phosphorous to support the very vigorous flower growth.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I understand when it comes to PH and I have tested my water with nutes already mixed and I'm always in a good range between 6 and 7. I understand the difference between 6.2 and 6.5 I just didn't think I had to be exact in soil as long I was in a good range so my girls don't get locked out.
I'll put it to you this way. Lots of growers say you don't have to pH soil grows because of the buffers in it. Lots of those same growers have Defs. or Toxicities during their grows. Not all. But it's usually the growers with several grows under their belt who do not have issues; because they spot a problem very quickly & are able to correct it right away. I grow in soil (FFOF) & there is No Way I'm feeding my plants without pH-ing my nutes before I feed. By pH-ing every time I feed I've eliminated just about every issue. It's just much easier to spend an extra 2 minutes to pH than to deal with issues later. There is a hell of a big difference in 6.0 pH from 7.0 pH. I pH soil grows to exactly 6.3 every feeding. The results are great.
13-669.JPG
13-675.JPG
13-679.JPG

You are growing in a Coco Based medium. As @Bill284 has said.... Coco pH should be at 5.8 every time you feed.
Coco is never to dry out. Moist at all times. Yes, your Coco has Dolomite Lime that helps to adjust your pH. But soil has more things in it to help with that also. Coco does not. You also have to feed till you get 20% run off out the bottom of the pot to wash out any salt build ups that will effect your pH. You can not just throw un-Ph'd nutes in Coco & expect a really good grow. If you could.... We'd all be doing it.... Don't you think ?

I don't see any bugs but for the occasional soil gnat. I do have neem oil but I do t think bugs are the problem. I just recently flushed so I'm watching new growth to see if the problem is going away. I am pretty close to harvest, the buds are already loaded with trycomes so I just need her to hold out for abt another week or 2.
If you have gnats you have to take care of that issue. They lay eggs in the soil / coco & when they hatch (from moisture & humidity) the larvae eat your roots. I used 1 quart of Hydrogen peroxide mixed in 3 quarts of water (1 gal. when mixed) & poured that through my pots to kill the larvae. Works like a charm. Also provides oxygen to the roots & loosens up the soil some.

If you have gnats you have to take care of that issue. They lay eggs in the soil / coco & when they hatch (from moisture & humidity) the larvae eat your roots. I used 1 quart of Hydrogen peroxide mixed in 3 quarts of water (1 gal. when mixed) & poured that through my pots to kill the larvae. Works like a charm. Also provides oxygen to the roots & loosens up the soil some.
Heres a trick for ya @Buds Buddy for ya to test out one day with few trees. At last 1-2 weeks before you rip the plant outta the ground is to put root eating bugs you have over there into the bottom of each pot before you harvest it. You will see pure thc crystal results.

Heres a trick for ya @Buds Buddy for ya to test out one day with few trees. At last 1-2 weeks before you rip the plant outta the ground is to put root eating bugs you have over there into the bottom of each pot before you harvest it. You will see pure thc crystal results.
They need a Scratching your head emoji on here. I've never heard this before. Where did you get this info ? I'd like to read up on this. I am wondering how you would put Root Eating Critters in the bottom of your soil in a grow bag though.

Back
Top Bottom