Can somebody help me with these spots on my leaves

You think I should flush and then add some calmag and nutrients?

i'm actually wondering how hot you are running the booster.
i'm not sure on your nute schedule. coco is usually paired with the fox-farm hydro nute trio. it seems you've skipped those and gone with the boosters.

it will need some calcium but it needs to be in balance with the right nutes.

i'm actually wondering how hot you are running the booster.
i'm not sure on your nute schedule. coco is usually paired with the fox-farm hydro nute trio. it seems you've skipped those and gone with the boosters.

it will need some calcium but it needs to be in balance with the right nutes.
It's not straight Coco coir, it's a potting Mix by FoxFarm called BushDoctor. It's a 30lb bag and the mix is coco coir, aged forest products, perlite and fertilizer. The mix comes 0.05 - 0.15 - 0.20 it also has earthworm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell, and dolomite lime in it.

did you mention your ph'ing practice?

did you mention your ph'ing practice?
Don't really have one, my tap water comes out at about 6.5 - 6.8 somewhere in there. I just flushed her and hit her with a dose of calmag and some nutrients. I will see what happens from there. I just popped 4 more seeds I am experimenting with and I am germinating another atm to try a living soil amendment and see how that goes. The 4 I just planted abt a week ago are in straight coco-loco but I am trying a new neut regiment to see what happens.

so you are in coco and you do not adjust for ph,, well then,, a possible diagnosis right there

almost no nutrients available to the plant in that ph range

so you are in coco and you do not adjust for ph,, well then,, a possible diagnosis right there

It's not straight Coco, it's a soil mix with coco in it to help with aeration and water retention. Its called Coco-loco Bushdoctors by Fox Farms. There is no need for me to check PH levels although I do every so often to see what my water is after adding certain amounts of nutes.

I also thought between 6.0 and 7.0 was the range for the plant to be able to take in all nutrients with no exact sweet spot that I have found yet, I am still new, starting on my 3rd grow and only just beginning a journal of my own.

Common advice here lately says to aim for the low end of the 'range' (6.3 for soil) of nutrient availability so that the soil can bring it up through the full range as it dries out.
That's where my Tap water is. Its at abt 6.5 somewhere in there.I don't think it's a PH problem but i could be wrong, my main concern was that it wasn't some type of fungus. I'm waiting now to see how this flush and dose of camag and nutrients work out. I just need to push her thru a couple more weeks. It would be a shame to loose her, especially the way she is stacking.

I'm sure the plant will be fine for a couple of weeks at this point unless you actively try to kill it.

Just wanted to point out that the difference between 6.3 and 6.5 pH is actually pretty big. That said, I'm assuming if your tap water is 6.5 and you are adding cal mag and other nutes, your pH is probably going in much lower than 6.5.

It's not straight Coco, it's a soil mix with coco in it to help with aeration and water retention. Its called Coco-loco Bushdoctors by Fox Farms. There is no need for me to check PH levels although I do every so often to see what my water is after adding certain amounts of nutes.

it's a hybrid system. piles of growers have had headaches with it. it's not really organic, it's not really hydro, it's definitely not soil, it doesn't really have enough nutes to get you home .... the list goes on.

Good morning @KloUdChAseR hope you are well today.
That mix gives a lot of growers head aches.
You have to combine 2 different watering methods.
First I'd make sure the ph of everything going into the pots is set at 5.8 exactly.
Then I'd use calmag every time I put something into the pot.
Calmag into your water first then nutrients next then set ph 5.8 .
That will cure help discoloration issues.
How often are you Watering and how are you determining when?

Stay safe
Bill

Hello , you have a half hydro - half organic grow going on here , at this point i would say its too late to do a organic grow as you have pretty much killed off all your microbes in the soil if you have been ph`ing your water and tap water doesn't work well with organic growing unless it is very low on the ppm side (30 ppm or less ), chlorine , chloramine in tap water kill your microbes , those organic inputs in that soil are of no use to the plant as there are no microbes to break them down for the plant to use , i would stick with the synthetic bottle nutes for the rest of this grow , ph water to 6.0 and 350 ppm for starters and yes on the calmag , 80 ppm of calmag alone every watering plus your nutes, every 3rd time give just water only to help flush out some of the salts that build up. , bottled organic based liquid nutes are not organic hence the no omri label on them ,they are chelated with organic salts -minerals , humic , fulvic acid etc and these will kill off the microbes slowly , these acids are not used in true organic growing , you cannot buy a organic bottle liquid nute as these salts are needed to make the liquid shelf stable for a long period of time , hence organic additive's are dry powder based product . I am not trying to tell you how to grow i just wanted to point out a few key differences between the 2 styles of growing , i am a big fan of r.o. or distilled water for my plants especially if you want to go the organic route ,tap water has to much shit in it that plants don't need or like .organic you feed the fungi , bacteria etc and they in return feed the plant , , bottle nutes are made so that the ingredients in them are already available but need to be ph adjusted so the plants can absorb them, plants don't like soupy styles of growing especially once they start to get a little bigger and older , pick 1 style of grow and apply the rules that style of grow requires, sorry about the rant but i see so many times that growers have a soupy style of grow going on and it always causes a lot of headaches for them .

It's not straight Coco coir, it's a potting Mix by FoxFarm called BushDoctor. It's a 30lb bag and the mix is coco coir, aged forest products, perlite and fertilizer. The mix comes 0.05 - 0.15 - 0.20 it also has earthworm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell, and dolomite lime in it.
Fox Farms is the name of the company. Bush Doctor is the name of a particular line of their products. The actual product is Coco Loco which is what you mention in msg #1 as being what you are using.
it's a hybrid system. piles of growers have had headaches with it. it's not really organic, it's not really hydro, it's definitely not soil, it doesn't really have enough nutes to get you home .... the list goes on.
"... it's definitely not soil," pretty much covers it. I spent a little time and looked around with a google search trying to find out what Coco Loco contains. Basically it is coco coir along with aged forest products, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. Not one link for the product, including links on the Fox Farms web site mentions any soil in a list of Coco Loco ingredients. They info might be there but I did not find it.

"Potting Soil" is on the front and back of the bag but that does not mean it is a soil. It is meant to be used as a soil substitute to fill a flower pot and put a plant in it. The plant will grow, it will produce some nice flowers and by the end of the summer the potting soil mix will be worn out. It is not intended to be used to get that plant beyond the flowering stage and actually producing the quantity of ripe buds that we want for our recreational or medical uses without adding additional fertilizers and nutrients into the mix at the start of the grow or along the way to the final week. You have pretty much gotten the plant as far as it will go without some help.

Whatever you do now is unlikely to cure the plant but it will slow down the problems and maybe even stop them.

Go to the Fox Farms web site and click on "Contact Us". When the new page opens up find the line called "Product Support" and when that opens up scroll down to the several lines for "Customer Service/Product Support" and skip most of the other stuff since it is support for wholesale and commercial customers. Under "Customer Support" is the phone number for their office in Arcata, CA and the hours they are open. If it was me I would ask three questions.

One is "what should the pH of the water be if I was only watering the Coco Loco?". The second one is just as important and is "What should the pH of the water solution be after the nutrients are added and mixed up?". I would not be surprised if it is lower than the 6.5 that you have been using.

The third question is asking them to send you all the feeding or fertilizing schedules and the lists of products from soil mixes to nutrients to additives. I had called them in the early spring and talked about the various schedules I had collected over the past 4-5 years and they mailed me all the current/latest info plus pamphlets on their products. I called right after they opened in their time zone (Pacific Time) and a fat envelope arrived within 2 days.

Just for the fun of it, while you are waiting for the mail to arrive do a google search to find out what "aged forest products" really are.

I would also like to confirm that our OP is using the FF nutrients exactly as described on the feeding chart? I would ask FF which feeding chart you should use, the soil or the hydro chart. I think I am seeing too much N in this plant, which indicates to me that you are using the grow big product in excess as to what is recommended on the feeding chart, not on the side of the bottle.

I would think that pH is also an issue here, but maybe not so much as in a soil grow because of the coco being designed to hold an extra amount of water in this designer soil substitute.

I also am thinking that a full 3x flush is needed too. Fox Farm nutrients are known for heavy salt leftovers, and FF labs recommends flushing one of their grows several times... salt lockout could easily be helping to block the access to Ca which is a macro nutrient after all.

That looks like a PH problem. I would flush it with plain water and after a few days water with a 1/2 strength solution and make sure your ph is in the correct range. I'm not sure what you have for a PH meter but make sure whatever you're using is accurate. I have experienced this before and this system has worked for me. Hope this helps and good luck

I'm sure the plant will be fine for a couple of weeks at this point unless you actively try to kill it.

Just wanted to point out that the difference between 6.3 and 6.5 pH is actually pretty big. That said, I'm assuming if your tap water is 6.5 and you are adding cal mag and other nutes, your pH is probably going in much lower than 6.5.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I understand when it comes to PH and I have tested my water with nutes already mixed and I'm always in a good range between 6 and 7. I understand the difference between 6.2 and 6.5 I just didn't think I had to be exact in soil as long I was in a good range so my girls don't get locked out.

I realize this. My problem isn't with the soil, I bel
Good morning @KloUdChAseR hope you are well today.
That mix gives a lot of growers head aches.
You have to combine 2 different watering methods.
First I'd make sure the ph of everything going into the pots is set at 5.8 exactly.
Then I'd use calmag every time I put something into the pot.
Calmag into your water first then nutrients next then set ph 5.8 .
That will cure help discoloration issues.
How often are you Watering and how are you determining when?

Stay safe
Bill
So your saying my PH should be 5.8 even going into this soil bc I read somewhere using PH adjuster on soil can actually harm the plant and nutrients in the soil, idk if that's true but maybe it's something to try on my next grow. I already have 4 babies in their 1st week and I am experimenting with them as far as feeding and I am using the same foxfarm mix.

Fox Farms is the name of the company. Bush Doctor is the name of a particular line of their products. The actual product is Coco Loco which is what you mention in msg #1 as being what you are using.

"... it's definitely not soil," pretty much covers it. I spent a little time and looked around with a google search trying to find out what Coco Loco contains. Basically it is coco coir along with aged forest products, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. Not one link for the product, including links on the Fox Farms web site mentions any soil in a list of Coco Loco ingredients. They info might be there but I did not find it.

"Potting Soil" is on the front and back of the bag but that does not mean it is a soil. It is meant to be used as a soil substitute to fill a flower pot and put a plant in it. The plant will grow, it will produce some nice flowers and by the end of the summer the potting soil mix will be worn out. It is not intended to be used to get that plant beyond the flowering stage and actually producing the quantity of ripe buds that we want for our recreational or medical uses without adding additional fertilizers and nutrients into the mix at the start of the grow or along the way to the final week. You have pretty much gotten the plant as far as it will go without some help.

Whatever you do now is unlikely to cure the plant but it will slow down the problems and maybe even stop them.

Go to the Fox Farms web site and click on "Contact Us". When the new page opens up find the line called "Product Support" and when that opens up scroll down to the several lines for "Customer Service/Product Support" and skip most of the other stuff since it is support for wholesale and commercial customers. Under "Customer Support" is the phone number for their office in Arcata, CA and the hours they are open. If it was me I would ask three questions.

One is "what should the pH of the water be if I was only watering the Coco Loco?". The second one is just as important and is "What should the pH of the water solution be after the nutrients are added and mixed up?". I would not be surprised if it is lower than the 6.5 that you have been using.

The third question is asking them to send you all the feeding or fertilizing schedules and the lists of products from soil mixes to nutrients to additives. I had called them in the early spring and talked about the various schedules I had collected over the past 4-5 years and they mailed me all the current/latest info plus pamphlets on their products. I called right after they opened in their time zone (Pacific Time) and a fat envelope arrived within 2 days.

Just for the fun of it, while you are waiting for the mail to arrive do a google search to find out what "aged forest products" really are.
Hey. Thanks for your reply.. I know exaxtly what I'm growing in, that wasn't my question, I was just trying to describe it to everybody else that was suggesting I was growing in coco coir that it wasn't exactly that but a mix by foxfarm. This is my second grow with it and my first went well but I mixed a living soil in with it and had no problems from seed to harvest although towards the end I was using an organic bulk for the buds. This time I mixed it up, I went with less organic soil and one plant I used no organic soil so I'm kind of in the process of experimenting, I was just worried it wasn't some sort of fungus, I kinda figured a Calcium deficiency but I wasn't 100% sure as this is only my second real qrow.
Hello , you have a half hydro - half organic grow going on here , at this point i would say its too late to do a organic grow as you have pretty much killed off all your microbes in the soil if you have been ph`ing your water and tap water doesn't work well with organic growing unless it is very low on the ppm side (30 ppm or less ), chlorine , chloramine in tap water kill your microbes , those organic inputs in that soil are of no use to the plant as there are no microbes to break them down for the plant to use , i would stick with the synthetic bottle nutes for the rest of this grow , ph water to 6.0 and 350 ppm for starters and yes on the calmag , 80 ppm of calmag alone every watering plus your nutes, every 3rd time give just water only to help flush out some of the salts that build up. , bottled organic based liquid nutes are not organic hence the no omri label on them ,they are chelated with organic salts -minerals , humic , fulvic acid etc and these will kill off the microbes slowly , these acids are not used in true organic growing , you cannot buy a organic bottle liquid nute as these salts are needed to make the liquid shelf stable for a long period of time , hence organic additive's are dry powder based product . I am not trying to tell you how to grow i just wanted to point out a few key differences between the 2 styles of growing , i am a big fan of r.o. or distilled water for my plants especially if you want to go the organic route ,tap water has to much shit in it that plants don't need or like .organic you feed the fungi , bacteria etc and they in return feed the plant , , bottle nutes are made so that the ingredients in them are already available but need to be ph adjusted so the plants can absorb them, plants don't like soupy styles of growing especially once they start to get a little bigger and older , pick 1 style of grow and apply the rules that style of grow requires, sorry about the rant but i see so many times that growers have a soupy style of grow going on and it always causes a lot of headaches for them .

I know exaxtly what I'm growing in, that wasn't my question. I was just trying to describe it to everybody that kept saying I was growing g in coco

Back
Top Bottom