What do you call Day 1?

i count the day they germ. When i see that tiny white tap root start poking out of the seed husk, that is day 1. And that is for all the seeds i'm germing in that run. So if i start germing seeds today and some germ on the 10th, and then some on the 11th, and then still some on the 12th, i will label all of those as birthdate of the 10th. the day the first seed of that batch run germs is their birthday for data.
Screenshot (9).png

Flower count starts day i flip to 12/12. home growers can use a more nuanced approach, but small/medium scale production requires more regimented hardwired scheduling so to speak. This local guy asked me to produce a pound every 2 weeks this last summer and i had to start figuring shit out fast,lol. Day they germ, day you flip to flower is best from what i've found.
CL🍀

i count the day they germ. When i see that tiny white tap root start poking out of the seed husk, that is day 1. And that is for all the seeds i'm germing in that run. So if i start germing seeds today and some germ on the 10th, and then some on the 11th, and then still some on the 12th, i will label all of those as birthdate of the 10th. the day the first seed of that batch run germs is their birthday for data.
Screenshot (9).png

Flower count starts day i flip to 12/12. home growers can use a more nuanced approach, but small/medium scale production requires more regimented hardwired scheduling so to speak. This local guy asked me to produce a pound every 2 weeks this last summer and i had to start figuring shit out fast,lol. Day they germ, day you flip to flower is best from what i've found.
Didn’t mean to hit quite. CL🍀

If starting seeds the day they go into the soil is noted. When the seed sprouts and the cotyledons break soil then that becomes day one and is marked.

If I were to take a cutting the note would be "clone 01-09-23". When a plant, whether from seed or a cutting, is transplanted that is marked on the container.

I am not counting days but am keeping the plants organized by age or the latest transplanting. There have been times when I had 3 or 4 plants (clones) that were ready to start flowering but room for only one or two of them. I can look at the notes and usually will pick the one or two with the longest time since the previous transplanting.

It takes under a minute to write the date on a piece of blue masking tape and put it on the pot. Most plants end up with 3 to 5 pieces of tape and the last one is the day the plant is put in the flowering tent. Then I can start counting weeks and that can help tell if the flowering is on schedule as compared to other plants, etc.

I understand the reasoning of not counting the days, especially for experienced grows, but there are a lot of growers that like to count the days just to have an idea if everything is on track, I count the days because I grow in a scrog and usually have 2-4 different strains and I try to keep thier estimated harvest together like now I have 4 plants that are 9-10 week Flower and I want to harvest all at once but always go by the trichomes. counting helps in flower because most cases 21 days of flower means the stretch is done. there is no right or wrong answer But I will say this NEVER PLAN YOUR GROW AROUND A CALENDER OR CLOCK (they cant read like us even if we talk to them) when I started growing I was terrible about the days I would plan major actions off the calendar example ok it says flower in 62 days I would harvest in 62 days I wrote on my calendar water every 2 days and I watered every 2 day wether to wet or dry. to sum it up I feked up my grow .now that I have more experience I just use the days as a guide and let my plant tell me what and when, if my plants are thirsty I either use the knuckle or the weight of the pot and plant when it comes to harvest I look at trichome,
it all comes down to counting the days or just watching the plants thru experience, find your sweet spot do what works for you
I love it here just by posting this thread I have learned options that I never used there are so many great growers here you always learn something new if you want to or dont lol
Have a Great week Every Body

I don't soak my seeds. Day 1 for me is when I plant the seed. This is the point when the plant starts to swell and grow. I also note the day when it breaks ground and number it 1st, 2nd, etc. I mark the first flowering date as the day the lighting schedule is changed to 12/12.

Having a grow journal makes keeping track of day to day growth and health , especially if you post wayyy to many pics to it. But I have memory and brain issues. So my journal let's me see progress week to week and let's me make decisions on how I want her to grow or when to flip. It's not like there is a set number of day or weeks she need to veg, but flowering is different I know my girl needs to flower at least 8 weeks, just from past grows and my setup. if your a newbie mistakes will be made... I've been growing since the 80's and I make mistakes all the time. But when it all works out, its a beautiful thing

Is your birthday the day you were conceived or the day you were born?

Don't ask the religious-right this question.

😜🤪

j

Back
Top Bottom