What happen to great pot back in the days 1995-2003

Seems like all that good smoke you'll talking about coincided when you'll first started smoking? Who was smoking during 70's-80's only to find the good shit during the 90's.... 2025, remember that badass shit from mid 2000's that Pineapple Express and 8ball kush, lol... I do remember getting shit around 1992-94 and it was laced with horse tranc or something, 1 hit and that was it, but not stoned just foooked....

I think many of the older strains and races perhaps had great ratios of the various cannabinoids and other constituents that really made for a great balance. That gold Lumbo wasn't nearly as potent THC wise as many of the strains we are familiar with today, and it was often maybe overripe by today's standards but the overall feeling you got from it, well, I dunno, it was pretty damn good shit, and I smoked alot of it back then even after I was a well seasoned veteran cannabis user, so for me anyways it wasn't any noob effect.

to many polen chuckers cutting the landraces.
if your lucky enough to have the landraces then you have 2 toke weed. Very few of us still have them.

I remember the Christmas bud from back in the 90's, it was explained to me that during the fall and winter was Jamaica's harvest time, and thats when we would get the Christmas bud, not sure how true it was, but it was really good.

Not too long after... the BC bud started pouring in during the late 90's, it was a welcome site after not seeing the christmas buds coming in for a few years. Which is why i question whether the story i was told about the Jamaican "Christmas bud" is true or false! I think the last time i smoked christmas bud was in 95 or 96.

Seems like all that good smoke you'll talking about coincided when you'll first started smoking? Who was smoking during 70's-80's only to find the good shit during the 90's.... 2025, remember that badass shit from mid 2000's that Pineapple Express and 8ball kush, lol... I do remember getting shit around 1992-94 and it was laced with horse tranc or something, 1 hit and that was it, but not stoned just foooked....

yeah pcp mtf angeldust xD yeay that one went around again in my old town every body loved it theye told me.
first time i smoked it i ended up shaking my fuckg ass off horeball xD better trow me some hindu kush.

or better jet tempal hash this was some hajs from india theye sold in the coffieshops in holland back in the day it was awsome i beleve they put some opium into there hajs. now thats genius

We smoked it.... :)

All I can say is the Ritchie rich strain from nor cal was the one. Got one clone from a local breeder in the bay area, it was in real bad shape.Now Years later I wish I had cloned her. She was some of the best weed I've ever smoke. The taste was very heavy earthy, sweet orange honey taste. Wish I could find her again.

weed

The best weed I ever smoked came out of my closet in 1999. I'm not bragging--it had everything to do with genetics and nothing to do with growing skill. I'd done a few closet grows before but my success was more about green thumb than actual knowledge. (The interwebs were pretty sparse back then.) My brother-in-law gave me an eighth of some Very Impressive Weed that had seven seeds in it. All seven popped. I grew them under half a dozen CFLs, probably 23 or 27 watt, in one gallon pots of the cheapest soil the hardware store had, and fed them with Peter's Professional (basically Miracle Gro). Five were female. I don't remember if I pollinated on purpose or just didn't catch the males in time, but the buds were loaded with seeds. I'd never heard the word trichome, let alone knew how to check them for ripeness. I just went with the "hairs turning red." In spite of everything, the buds were all pretty good, and the ones from plant #3 opened a door into another dimension. The first time I tried #3, a buddy and I each took one medium-sized bong hit, figuring we would take it easy because, right after breakfast, we were going to help a couple of friends move. It only took us about 15 minutes to eat, but my buddy said, "We have to go now or we're not going to make it all." And it was a good thing we got going. We were still Very High four hours later. What happened during those hours.... I can't put it into words. I think I harvested close to 3/4 of an ounce from #3. We dubbed it the Annihilator 5000. That was a really great summer....

The moral of the story: Even grown under truly deplorable circumstances, great genetics can produce transcendent smoke.

I share the fear that a lot of great genes may have been lost. I've smoked some really enjoyable weed in the last few years, but none of it touches the A5K.

The sad epilogue: I kept all the seeds those buds produced, but that ended up being my last grow until recently. My employment circumstances were such that the consequences of getting caught were just too serious to risk, and I didn't know anyone else interested in growing who I could give the seeds to. I quit my job last year, and you can bet your ass I soaked every last one of those seeds. No dice. :straightface: If I'd understood how endangered great strains were, I would've taken much better care of them.

Sorry to post a war story. I don't have many, and that one's my favorite. Except for the epilogue.

I can't remember...

(Got a good laugh just now when I read the post below from Thebreeder talking about the best weed he ever smoked- Richie Rich. When I noticed it got a like from Richard Richardson)

There use to be some commercially grown stuff all around Washington and Oregon pre 2005. It was all grown outdoor and would have varying quality but the one thing I always remember is people getting weed from Cali thst was supposedly way better and it just wouldn't get me as high. I've got like 200 bag seeds from the height of those days... Now I don ever see seeds. Someday I'm gonna pop them and find the good phenotypes.

Back
Top Bottom