What I’m learning from my first scrog

Glookies1

Not having done a scrog before, I thought I’d pass in a few things to consider for those wanting to try.

1. Make sure you have access to all sides. Maintenance will be a pain if you don’t.

I built rolling carts for mine so the cone right out of my tent.

2. After the tucking phase the maintenance is super easy. Even watering is easier with no stakes supporting the colas in the way.

3. Light coverage IS way better. Canopy height is very even.

4. I’m not sure yield will be better yet, but there will be far less “popcorn”. Being closer to the light, even the small bud sights have stacked buds. No single bud flowers.

The only downside I see coming is harvest might be a pain. Lol. I’ll have to use a net to dry as there aren’t long branches to hang.

I’m considering cutting out the net and just hanging the whole thing to slow the dry, then dry manicuring. Trimming just the fans before hanging

Attachments

• 894D4526-B2A8-4527-A657-275839F7E6FE.jpeg
    894D4526-B2A8-4527-A657-275839F7E6FE.jpeg
    881.1 KB · Views: 227
  • AC925DDD-F748-416B-9FF4-10478D134669.jpeg
    AC925DDD-F748-416B-9FF4-10478D134669.jpeg
    946.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 7F458B55-E89F-41C0-BBE7-C46281BA0EE1.jpeg
    7F458B55-E89F-41C0-BBE7-C46281BA0EE1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
So honestly do you think it’s easier than other styles? I find that once it gets set up it’s almost boring the next 2 months. Not much to do but water and enjoy

I'm also in my first scrog grow. I agree with everything you mentioned. i'm also worried about harvest time. i'll cut this net out but it was just a cheapo and don't care if i toss it. but next time i'll be using these really nice quality nets that i'm not gonna want to cut up. i think after this harvest i should have figured out what to do for the next.

great post.

I built a frame out I’d pvc. I highly recommend giving it your best diy effort.

loving all the scrog talk!!!

B4E14796-CC99-4690-993F-468BEB4C39C1.jpeg

BD0D27B8-0E5E-4E93-BE94-EFA726F9C9F0.jpeg
beauties. reminds me i have to get my budget led stickers up in my tent too. i'm normally not the type to decal my stuff with stickers, but damn i'm loving their lights.

I'm also in my first scrog grow. I agree with everything you mentioned. i'm also worried about harvest time. i'll cut this net out but it was just a cheapo and don't care if i toss it. but next time i'll be using these really nice quality nets that i'm not gonna want to cut up. i think after this harvest i should have figured out what to do for the next.

great post.

I just made my screen by running string. It was easy enough that I’ll probably just cut it out and run new string for the next go round

i've always wanting to try the scrog, but it always looked super intimidating to me. i was kinda forced into it after butchering my white widows in veg. they were growing so fast in the veg tent waiting to get into the flower tent, i couldn't keep up with them. got all stressed out one night and pretty much topped them all by grabbing big groups of branches and chopping them off like a pony tail lmao.

I almost cried afterwards it was just a nasty mess. when came time to put them into the flower tent i did a bunch of bending to even out the canopy as much as i could and put them under the net and i'm super glad i did. it's a nasty mess underneath but just neat tidy beauty up top. also probably double my yield i would have had if i hadn't. probably never flower without it again.
20191118_230123.jpg

received_575825289885620.jpeg

I love scrogs as well. Harvest can be a bear but I really like letting the whole plant, fan leaves and all hang for 7-14 days before jarring them up. The whole plant hang really seems to deliver a nice smooth finished product.

I agree it's a little hectic for the transition period but after that it's just basic maintenance. With two alternating flower tents it helps keep the workload spread out so only one tent needs much attention at a time.

The biggest problem in my setup is getting all the inside stuff trimmed off.

Here's the current and last few waves reloading again in two weeks after these dry

I'm gonna try just 3 plants next go. I'm also letting the lower growth do what it wants all the way through. i really want lots of stuff for butter this time. it's pretty messy, but the humidity in the tent is only about 30% and have lots of airflow.

wanna wash the buds this time, so i'll clip everything off above the net for the wash and hang, everything else is gonna get tossed in a big cardboard box to dry out for butter and oil.

I went with scrog for my first grow and learning a lot hands on and other grower’s feedback. I only have front access in a 3x3 cabinet...trimming under the canopy on the back 2 plants was a major pain. The one thing I was telling myself not to do was cut the string...which of course I did once...tied off a bit and will be fine. I intend to cut the string when I harvest and restring next grow. Quick pic from this morning.
75663FBE-2B29-4D4D-B7FB-0F1566C1057C.jpeg

I love scrogs as well. Harvest can be a bear but I really like letting the whole plant, fan leaves and all hang for 7-14 days before jarring them up. The whole plant hang really seems to deliver a nice smooth finished product.

I agree it's a little hectic for the transition period but after that it's just basic maintenance. With two alternating flower tents it helps keep the workload spread out so only one tent needs much attention at a time.

The biggest problem in my setup is getting all the inside stuff trimmed off.

Here's the current and last few waves reloading again in two weeks after these dry

That’s my thought too. Hang the whole scrog net and all to dry.

I’m a big fan of a slow dry.

Back
Top Bottom