What I’m learning from my first scrog

You guys don't have to cut your nets out to harvest your chopping the plant down anyways..So just cut the branch right below the net problem solved...Last grow I hung my plants from the scrog to dry however this next harvest I will be chopping the tops 1st and letting the lower stuff finish and just dry in a 2x2..
I'm a true believer of double layer scrogs I make mine so they float and it's the way to grow u can ratchet them up to clean or w e too..
I also drill holes all the way thru my PVC and thread the braided Mason line thru and call it a day it's a lot more sleeker cheaper too and the screen stays taught easier and more level than screws or eye bolts like so many use...
I take the cheap plant ties, strip the plastic coating off and thread the Mason line thru it and then u have a easy way to thread thru the PVC nice n easy.....
If your going to do a adjustable top net you have to use 3/4pvc or larger the 1/2 will not work....I used 1in cross for my corners on the 2nd scrog and they slide thru the 3/4 PVC uprights in the corners and I use a pto clip to hold them in place in which harbor freight carries for cheap too...But you can attach the 2nd level scrog how u want some will just rest it on a screw or w e I like the clips you don't need any tools which is huge esp in the corner of a tent as the clips are easy to get to....
However they make the new premade scrog nets with like nylon cord instead of the cheap plastic trellis netting and they have x2 levels and 2 diff sizes of squares of 4in for the bottom and 6in at the top which I may try those out instead and see how I like them vs the PVC ones but I do enjoy the scrog on a nice steady frame so will c only time will tell ....
If anyone has any questions happy to help...
20181020_125319.jpg
IMG_20190926_170203.jpg

You guys don't have to cut your nets out to harvest your chopping the plant down anyways..So just cut the branch right below the net problem solved...Last grow I hung my plants from the scrog to dry however this next harvest I will be chopping the tops 1st and letting the lower stuff finish and just dry in a 2x2..
I'm a true believer of double layer scrogs I make mine so they float and it's the way to grow u can ratchet them up to clean or w e too..
I also drill holes all the way thru my PVC and thread the braided Mason line thru and call it a day it's a lot more sleeker cheaper too and the screen stays taught easier and more level than screws or eye bolts like so many use...
I take the cheap plant ties, strip the plastic coating off and thread the Mason line thru it and then u have a easy way to thread thru the PVC nice n easy.....
If your going to do a adjustable top net you have to use 3/4pvc or larger the 1/2 will not work....I used 1in cross for my corners on the 2nd scrog and they slide thru the 3/4 PVC uprights in the corners and I use a pto clip to hold them in place in which harbor freight carries for cheap too...But you can attach the 2nd level scrog how u want some will just rest it on a screw or w e I like the clips you don't need any tools which is huge esp in the corner of a tent as the clips are easy to get to....
However they make the new premade scrog nets with like nylon cord instead of the cheap plastic trellis netting and they have x2 levels and 2 diff sizes of squares of 4in for the bottom and 6in at the top which I may try those out instead and see how I like them vs the PVC ones but I do enjoy the scrog on a nice steady frame so will c only time will tell ....
If anyone has any questions happy to help...
20181020_125319.jpg
IMG_20190926_170203.jpg
love it!

i just had to add a second layer to mine, so i know what you mean about double layer. scrog is pretty awesome.

Shit actually I have a 3rd scrog I can use too even if need be but depends on strain...But is nice to have for a spare as I'm def not going with plant yo yos doing 50 per scrog at least I think not then u have yo yo strings everywhere too granite by time they go up theres really not much to do as in touching the plants actually but I find scrogs are much easier...Kinda sucks having to super crop them and lay them out on the net..But we'll worth it too ...Now everyone uses theirs a lil differently some will just put the net on and let the plant grow straight thru it and then others will super crop and lst the plant and weave it into the net it all depends on how your growing and setup pretty much...Now if u let the plant grow straight thru the net u will need at least 2 more like 3 nets for it to work best but it all depends on your setup..I have a veg and bloom room so I don't scrog until they go into the bloom tent....Although I may get some square cages that I can easily remove for veg so I can scrog them out in veg and easily remove it to move into the bloom tent but will c I could always go yo yos route but not sure and usually I'm fine and can always use plant ties if I need to tie something away in veg...So will c...
Scrogging and or trellising is a must have for cannabis in my book indoors or out but outdoors u use several round cages and then a top one too ...

Some lovely scrog pics here... have to agree with the original post about the pros and cons. Have just finished my second scrog with fairly good results but next time will try and Quadline as i would like to be able to move the girls around... seems like Quadlining is a bit like scroging but at a very low level :cheesygrinsmiley:

Some lovely scrog pics here... have to agree with the original post about the pros and cons. Have just finished my second scrog with fairly good results but next time will try and Quadline as i would like to be able to move the girls around... seems like Quadlining is a bit like scroging but at a very low level :cheesygrinsmiley:
There are a lot of variations to scrogging

Some are really just trellises.

I’ve also realized I flipped too soon to flower.

my “colas” could easily be 4 inches taller. This strain is sooo leafy that I’ve still got popcorn above the screen. I cleaned out a ton yesterday.

That said, I’ve still got way more big 6 inch
“Colas” than had I staked the plants and let them grow “up”.

Next go round, I’m going to grow them out more before flipping, it will make it much easier to lollipop below the colas.
Ah ok well hope it goes well buddy... my mistake was having the scrog too high and i should have flipped earlier then tucked/ weaved as they stretched

Agreed however height just all depends on ur setup for scrog and how much you have as if your plants are too tall/to big but u have some height for lights still just put the net higher up to super crop them and would be tossing about everything below the net usually for my setup I do about 12-16in for the 1st scrog that's also when I supercrop them which height will depend on the plant on best place to bend everything at the same height and how big the plant is how much room etc there's a few variables..And if your using the same net for several plants u have to do it all in the same height ...
However this crop I'm going to change it up and do main colas only so not really planning on super cropping them and just give them their own section and space and see how it goes however I may just do 1 of each on my 8x4 as I have 2 scrogs and 4 sites this run doing 6 plants so doing 2 girls 1 cup this crop for x2 of the sites lol...
If your super cropping and there's a branch on the plant that is a bit thicker than the rest you don't have to pinch it only in one place you can spread it out a few inches and have it more of a gradual bend than a 90...And if in hydro I would highly recommend using silica before you do so as it will save your plant...And crop as if your really gentle and ur finger just goes thru the stalk then don't try anymore and use silica and come back in a day or so and try again and problem solved...

My grow took a turn for the worse soon after my last week 10 update...may need to flush...drying out soil first...clearly started to overwater the last few times. My plants have very sturdy stems (added silica to my soil...supposed to eliminate the need for any staking...I dont know) and LST was effective. I really did very little tucking under the scrog and believe the lollipopping I did under the scrog stressed the hell out of my plants and took away a nutrient source during flower. I cut out and removed the scrog yesterday...nice to be able to pull the pots out of my cabinet again. I doubt I will scrog next grow...just LST and stakes if needed. No more vertical growth but the buds are continuing to fatten up...should have about another 4 weeks of flower...hopefully I can bring my first grow to harvest and learn from my mistakes for grow 2.

I love scrogs as well. Harvest can be a bear but I really like letting the whole plant, fan leaves and all hang for 7-14 days before jarring them up. The whole plant hang really seems to deliver a nice smooth finished product.

I agree it's a little hectic for the transition period but after that it's just basic maintenance. With two alternating flower tents it helps keep the workload spread out so only one tent needs much attention at a time.

The biggest problem in my setup is getting all the inside stuff trimmed off.

Here's the current and last few waves reloading again in two weeks after these dry

White Widow is a beast when it comes to stretch. Nice pictures. I had the same issues with certain strains. Looks like you might want to try out a double scrog. I'm doing that now and can see how those long branches of colas will be supported.

Not having done a scrog before, I thought I’d pass in a few things to consider for those wanting to try.

1. Make sure you have access to all sides. Maintenance will be a pain if you don’t.

I built rolling carts for mine so the cone right out of my tent.

2. After the tucking phase the maintenance is super easy. Even watering is easier with no stakes supporting the colas in the way.

3. Light coverage IS way better. Canopy height is very even.

4. I’m not sure yield will be better yet, but there will be far less “popcorn”. Being closer to the light, even the small bud sights have stacked buds. No single bud flowers.

The only downside I see coming is harvest might be a pain. Lol. I’ll have to use a net to dry as there aren’t long branches to hang.

I’m considering cutting out the net and just hanging the whole thing to slow the dry, then dry manicuring. Trimming just the fans before hanging
Nice Job for your first run at a scrogg . some of the things to remember when working with a scrogg is to make sure you have access to all areas of your plants for ease of training and defoliation if you defol . In my main room I use a two - 3 tier system it depends on the strain as that last tier is more or less to support huge colas without the use of yoyos . The way I train and run my scrogg I have to cut the netting to harvest as I continue to train (lst and supercrop all the way through the stretch .) As far as yield I can attest to it being increased along with what was stated (limited popcorn). Here are some of my scroggs from my main and experimental tent .
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG

Nice Job for your first run at a scrogg . some of the things to remember when working with a scrogg is to make sure you have access to all areas of your plants for ease of training and defoliation if you defol . In my main room I use a two - 3 tier system it depends on the strain as that last tier is more or less to support huge colas without the use of yoyos . The way I train and run my scrogg I have to cut the netting to harvest as I continue to train (lst and supercrop all the way through the stretch .) As far as yield I can attest to it being increased along with what was stated (limited popcorn). Here are some of my scroggs from my main and experimental tent .
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG

I built two, 2x4 roll out carts form my scrog. Made maintenance a breeze.

IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
How do you like your lights?

DIY Rim mount style
BTW If you always pull the branches Under, the net can be removed without to much trouble
I normally remove the net the last week just to let things open up for pre harvest trim work

Such a great idea

How do you like your lights?
I love them and recommend them to anyone that is looking to get into leds. Why do you ask ?

Back
Top Bottom