What is the best bang for the buck in reliable LED lights that won’t fail constantly like my Mars-Hydro do

OttawaGreen

Looking to replace my poor quality mars 2 700 with something that doesn’t keep failing and making me pay to ship it to them then it fails again and they want me to pay shipping again. I am sorry I recommended this junk to people my apologies.
My eshine 3G lights from 4 years agonare still working great too bad they don’t make that model anymore.
So what’s the best reliable bang for the buck these days?
Thanks!

That’s a tough one. With this market I can’t recommend buying from the US. I am about ready to avoid buying US items altogether if we are going to be unfairly targeted by T-dog. Sorry not sorry.

Which then leaves buying from China or Canada. I got the Fusion Pro from growlightcanada.ca for fairly reasonable price. It’s built like a tank, are COBs, and meet Canadian safety standards. It’s grown some decent bud too.

I am very sorry to hear your marsII700 failed out, may I know how long you have used this light?
It failed the first time when just over a year old. You made me pay a lot to ship it to your repair centre and it lasted 9 more months before it failed again. Not interested in paying to ship it again thanks, I have learned my lesson. It has failed twice and it is still in the warranty period, it is less than 3 years old and not worth paying more money for “warranty”. Pretty big difference to the 50,000 hours you claim they will last vs the 5000 they actually last between expensive trips for “warranty” at my expense.

I ordered this CXB3590 dual lamp setup. Two CXB3590 for less than the price of one of yours even after the pathetic $20 discount offered by your agent to make up for making me pay to ship your broken parts to have them break again right away.

OG, what kind of space are you trying to illuminate?
2x4 veg cabinet with an agramover in this case.
I also have a bunch of still working great about 4 year old eshine systems lights that I may switch to the cobbs too if these seem good.

It failed the first time when just over a year old. You made me pay a lot to ship it to your repair centre and it lasted 9 more months before it failed again. Not interested in paying to ship it again thanks, I have learned my lesson. It has failed twice and it is still in the warranty period, it is less than 3 years old and not worth paying more money for “warranty”. Pretty big difference to the 50,000 hours you claim they will last vs the 5000 they actually last between expensive trips for “warranty” at my expense.

I ordered this CXB3590 dual lamp setup. Two CXB3590 for less than the price of one of yours even after the pathetic $20 discount offered by your agent to make up for making me pay to ship your broken parts to have them break again right away.

They edited my link out, so if anyone wants a dual Cobb CXB3590 setup with glass lenses (great for foliar spraying) for Canadian $280 (us$216) with free shipping pm me and I can send the link.
I’d wait for me to get it first though, I will give a review as soon as it gets here.

This one uses standard meanwell drivers and the whole light has a 5 year warranty and parts are easy to swap, big difference to all the mars hydro failures requiring the customer to pay shipping on a 40lb light so the tech can solder all new leds to the board after the poor design caused a chain reaction of failure of all the leds on a circuit just because one led failed originally...

Meanwhile mars hydro simply shortened their warranty from 3 years to 2 years since their products don’t last three years...”50,000 hours” is a lot longer than 2 years.
That seems to indicated they don’t believe even their high end lights will last theee years , or they would stand behind them not reduce the warranty ...

Mars Hydro Warranty - Mars Hydro

It's sad when manufacturers can't stand for faulty and bad products, I would say that you are entitled to total refund for that or at least a new product and compensation for your expenses. It's not your fault Mars Hydro can't afford a repair center more close to you. Tell everyone you can to stop buying their crap.

It’s why I mentioned the growlightscanada Fusion Pro I have, no fans or moving parts, huge heat sinks, and built like I would build something. I suspect some parts are sourced from outside Canada but they built it well.

I wasn’t sold on that light after my first grow and purchased the Dwarf Star from Perfect Sun in the USA to make sure my lighting was solid. I used both this last grow and had a better result from the Fusion Pro which tells me my soil or the genetics may have had more to do with my first grow results rather than the light. They aren’t as cheap as the Mars but, after pissing around with shipping and repairs...it might be. I also bought my tent from them, the heavy duty 3’ x 3’ x 6.5’ that is built well. Free shipping on all my supplies. Made it worth it.

Lots of other good products that won’t let you down too. Timber COBs, HLG, and similar light boards. Almost all of which have been showcased on 420. Even a few DIY build sites for cheap here in Canada. Ordering from the US kills us though. The exchange rate, the customs charges, and shipping adds up very quickly.

Not knocking Mars as I have no experience with them and they are a site sponsor. Lots of folks have good experiences.

tellin ya, Mars300 modded with new diodes and lenses is the way to go if you want a case LED light on the cheap side.

If i had to do it again, thats what id do. But Im lovin my 4-cob DIY light rig. waterbottle sized colas on 250 watts, in 1 gallon of medium,,,,,,,yeaaaaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom