What is the ideal PPM level in soil?

Cannaconnect

Hello. My question is. I’m growing in soil. My compost soil and Gaia green. My ppm is about 1400. Vegging. July 2/2022
Toronto Ontario.
My question is when I add nutes what is the amounts to get ppm up. 100-200
Or 500?
How much Tspoons to get ppm up?
I followed last year what it says on container and I fried them
Pleas help

image.jpg

Hi,
Ppms, ph, etc. Really for salt nutrients.
With your compost, gaigreen and soil should be enough to get through the grow?
Are you adding liquid nutrients too?
Yes I add foliage spray once a week as well
And compost tea with kelp you kelp me. Ppm is 650 on tall Jamaican
1400 ppm on blue Dream
And Jamaican mainlined is 3500 pm.
Looks beautiful but noticed slow growth when really heavy and wet. Also I added Humic and fulvic acid. Makes retain water more. I Notice when getting light grows faster.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also you didn’t answer my question!
Not being rude, I want to know. Thank you
ppm is not generally used in soil grows. PPM is important in a water based system, so that you know how many nutes are in the mix. Since soil stores some of the nutrients temporarily and uses another portion of what is applied immediately, a ppm measurement is mostly meaningless in soil. Simply add the recommended tsp/gal and don't worry about it.

ppm is not generally used in soil grows.

Not 'generally' but some people do measure the EC of the fluid they put in and compare it to the run off - in pots of course. This way they can tell if their plant is absorbing nutrients or whether it's just flushing it straight out.

One of these cheapies can tell you relative EC - if your EC is higher or lower than what you put in but they're not the greatest for accuracy.

EC Meter, aka PPM Meter, Review Thread

Of course a quality EC meter will give you better results.

Oh yeah, call it EC, that is a global standard whereas p.p.m. can vary depending on which continent you live and sometimes varies within a continent depending on which p.p.m. standard is used.

j

Not 'generally' but some people do measure the EC of the fluid they put in and compare it to the run off - in pots of course. This way they can tell if their plant is absorbing nutrients or whether it's just flushing it straight out.

One of these cheapies can tell you relative EC - if your EC is higher or lower than what you put in but they're not the greatest for accuracy.

EC Meter, aka PPM Meter, Review Thread

Of course a quality EC meter will give you better results.

Oh yeah, call it EC, that is a global standard whereas p.p.m. can vary depending on which continent you live and sometimes varies within a continent depending on which p.p.m. standard is used.

j
This is common when growing in coco, since broken down coco does not appear in the runoff. Testing runoff in soil is useless. Absolutely and unqualifingly, useless. Since soil breaks down and these fine particles flow out with the runoff, a ppm, pH or EC reading is not going to be accurate. What works in coco does not work in soil.

Growing cannabis should be easy and fun, right?!. (at least we hope.) If it's getting too complicated, get radical... return to the roots. As with engineering, the design phase is super important... design your grow, all facets, do your homework, shoot for simple and effective. The work put in will pay off, not only in a smooth, low-maintenance operation, but also in great results. :goodluck:

CBD has it right,,Get back to the roots ( big roots, BIG fruits) all a grower needs is a good organic/living/super soil and a “”WATERING “” can.. a few amendments (organic ones)and BOBS your uncle...You can’t push a plant, it knows what it needs and will take it for there ( it has been around for millions of years) there is no magic potions, let it do its own thing... don’t complicate things and do not feed salts to an organic grow ( do one or the other) salts are detrimental to living organisms.. You can ask all the questions you want but the learning is in the doing... its not jack and the beanstalk...

Back
Top Bottom