What mistake did you do to get caught?

This is like watching a horror movie, terrifying but I can't stop looking. Probably time to think about this stuff before turning the LED's on :S

A friend of mine lived in a house converted into 4 flats. The Police raided the top flat because the Landlord had answered a complaint about water pouring out the overflow from the bathroom. When he tried to get hold of the tennant and couldn't he let himself in and found a giant grow. The Police came and removed all the plants and lights etc. My mate came into my place shaking saying his flat had been raided and he did not want to go back for fear of arrest. When he did, his grow was fine. He didn't know his nieghbour was growing. It turned out 3 of the 4 flats were growing, and a broken toilet gave away the top flat

Have you got a tent ? Use some Gaffa Tape to seal any flaps not in use and don't open the door at night and you will be fine.
Yea between that n some pretty light proof kinda heavy curtains I think I'll be good to go!

Cheers mate!

Can't you cover the grow-space somehow? With white/black plastic and some sticks or something?

I too was just growing in a corner in the living-room until one day I came driving home and the first thing I could see even like 300 meter from the house was that blurple tint coming from the windows. Luckily it could slightly remind of the light from a TV or something, but I got a tent for that lamp very fast after that

I found that out this week when I installed a brand new LED panel and... suddenly realized that it could be seen from outside. Wasn't a big deal when the light was white, but this is purple or pink. IOW, something obvious that'll give someone pause even if they don't automatically recognize it for what it is. Especially since that light is on a LONG and regular daily schedule :rolleyes3 .

The light, the smell and the blablabla

Those are the main reasons people get caught it seems. Especially the last point - blablabla

Don't blablabla

Have you got a tent ? Use some Gaffa Tape to seal any flaps not in use and don't open the door at night and you will be fine.

OK so this is how I got caught growing in New Jersey!!! I get up every morning roll a joint and sit on my porch and smoke MI do you the screen porch is enclosed and part of my house more of a breeze way between the house and the garage mind you this is a privilege residents in Millstone NJ where there is no police department only state troopers and they take 25 men's to get to your house!!! So I'm sitting on my porch smoking and I see a blacked out crown victory drive by slowly and the driver is looking at my house and looking hard so I out the joint out and sat there with my coffee and watched they went about 1/2 mile down the road and flipped a bitch in the road!!!! Humm I'm thinking wonder what's going on!!! As of now I start to think to myself do I have any warrants? No OK I'm good what the hell then ?? They pull into my rock driveway my heart drops as 2 armed Monmouth County Sheriffs jump out of the car a rush towards me !!!! Can I help you guys? Yeah we are here with a warrant for the arrest of D#&$*@ R!$*#^ where is she? I'm that's my bosses ex girl friend she don't live here anymore I tell them!!! You see she robbed us while we where away in Florida working she broke in and stole TV gold and other value blessed even stole here kids TV in the spare bedroom!!! She don't come around here anymore she been gone about a year I try telling the cops they don't want to here it!!! Where's the owner of this house at??? I went a woke up my boss and told hime that the cops where here looking for your crazy ex!! He laughed got up told the cops the same thingI did but yet they had a warrant and started asking questions about it smelling like weed and that they where going to check the house cause they had a warrant and if we had a problem they would call the K9 in and we can make a day of this!!!! So they go inside look all over the house!!! Then a cop come walking out of the house with a huge bag of trim!!!!! And says OK who's Johnny Apple seed? Fuckkkkk!!?? Me it's mine !!!!! Well where's the plants ? We can do this 2 ways you can show us or we can get the dog!!!! OK fallow me I take them up stair into my bedroom I moved my dresser and there it was my hidden door to the crawl space !!! You see my roo. Was upstairs and technicaly my room was the attic And we had put walls up at 4' and left a void on each side of the room and that's where I had 1 mother plant and 14 clones growing!!!! Long story short I ended up with a felony cultivation charge and was looking at like 5 years and I was scared !!! Turned out that cause the plants where so small and didn't have any buds yet that the charges got dropped to a basic possession charge I got PTI
cause I've never been I trouble before with the law!!!! So I got caught cause of a dirty heroine addict that didn't pay her child support and got warrants put out for her arrest she never changed her address cause she was too busy getting high and she cost me $1500 in legal fees and a year of random piss tests!!!

Back when I lived in Belfast, I was coming home from a big night out, a friend decided to stop and roll a joint for the walk to the Taxi rank. As we wandered along a convoy of Police and Soldiers rolled past and stopped just up the road. My friend binned the joint and we kept on walking. As we approached the road block the Policeman on the road started walking towards us. We all had Hash on us and it looked really bad for us, as back then even a joints worth would see you in Court, and we all had a bit more than a joints worth. My mate panicked and threw about 8 grams into his mouth and started rapidly chewing and swallowing, making some awful gagging noises, which made the rest of us burst out laughing. It looked pretty dismal for the rest of us though. Suddenly three Soldiers shot past the Policeman, they shouted for us to stop, which we did - our laughter was stifled and we all looked at each other in a rather worried and somewhat vexed manner. The nearest Soldier called for us to come with him, which suprised both us and the Police at the checkpoint. We complied and he led us to a Land Rover, he then smiled and said 'just get in, that copper was about to bust you lads, he must have smelt that joint you were smoking'. We all looked at each other in total disbelief ! We crammed in the back of the Land Rover, two Soldiers jumped in, closed the doors and the driver sped up the road. We were all looking at each other wondering what the fuck was going on. One of the soldiers broke the ice and asked us if we had any weed, realising that they had effectively saved us, I said I had a bit of Hash, would he like a bit ? He said he would, I gave him half what I had, as did a mate with me. They were elated, as we were for having avoided capture by the Police. They dropped us by the Taxi Rank and told us to be more careful in future. The look on peoples faces as we fell out the back of the Land Rover was priceless, realising that it might look like we were informers, the soldiers shouted some rather nasty remarks and threats, we legged it and joined the cue, still in complete disbelief as to what had just happened. My mate who necked all his Hash had a rough couple of days, he lay curled in a ball for a straight 48 hours, stoned immaculate. Belfast was a crazy place, we had many bizarre capers being stoners in the middle of essentially a civil war.

I won't comment on the Troubles, having not been there and operating on the assumption that each side had their grievances (probably both valid and non-).

Except to type: In a situation like that, it seems both rather petty and basically a waste of limited manpower to even notice a little cannabis. I'd probably not make a real good cop, because if I saw someone smoking a joint, or driving a little above the speed limit (or even both at once if they were maintaining)... I'd have to ask myself, "Wait, have I managed to arrest every real criminal within my jurisdiction, yet? No? Then I obviously don't have time for this <BLEEP>."

There were instances where people had their houses ripped to bits because they had a small bit of weed, even prosecuted over roaches, while others had experiences like mine. Quite often its down the individual Police officer. I had a situation where I was arrested 80 miles away from a Petrol Station because my passenger on a motorbike had not paid for £6 of petrol. They had me brought back to Belfast, impounded my bike, put me in cells for 12 hours while I had no idea what was going on. When my passenger realised what had happened, he went to the petrol station and paid for the petrol, despite that I was charged and cautioned - a complete waste of time.
As for the Troubles, no one really knew what the hell was going on, it was like Apocalypse Now - everyone had their own agenda. I hope its a better place now, I left as soon as I could and haven't been back, I am happy where I am.

I once almost got caught back in the day when I was still dealing. Had either a half pound or a pound, something like that in the trunk of my (then) fiancé's beat-up POS, broke down crossing a bridge, coasted into the next state... and got stuck in the intersection when a cop was approximately 50' away. I tried to push it. But it was an early '70s four-door boat, probably weighed 5,000 pounds, and there must not have been enough air in all four tires to properly inflate one of them. He ended up helping me get the car out of the intersection. He either didn't smell the cannabis, or figured I had enough to worry about with that car and about to get married (I'm guessing it was the latter, because I could certainly smell it).

So... If you find yourself needing to transport a weight of cannabis, make SURE your vehicle is up to the task. Or at least not one that (I later learned) was purchased for $50, lol.

I laughed too hard. Glad you didn't get caught. Do you remember what bud it was?

I laughed too hard. Glad you didn't get caught. Do you remember what bud it was?

Was grown about 55 miles south of there, so some kind of naturalized mostly-indica. Smelled like a pine forest with a skunk living in it (until placed into a hot trunk, at which point, all the skunk's rabid family moved in and cut down the pine trees :LOL: ).

Back
Top Bottom