What size GeoPot?

EDzMEDz420

Hello everyone,i started Amnesia Haze and somantra last month,from SOMA seeds,their already in a 5 gallon geopot,its a little over a foot,very healthy,my concren is if it's already in a 5 gallon pot,and the outdoor season is just starting,and i still have 4 months left to veg?this may be an issue, And by it being a sativa,that's going to add another 3 to4 months flowering,,that's about 8 months,i know it's going to be a monster,what's the smallest geopotsI could use for plants thats been vegging for 4 months??anything I could do to slow down the growth without harming the plant, to keep it short,i've never grown in geopots before?any advice would help thank you,i was going to use a 15 gallon geopot,should I go bigger?I would like to keep it small,i know I should have thought about that before planting them in FEBRUARY,i miss calculated,i thought because it's sativa,i should plant it first,since it takes the longest,not realising that the flowering stage has nothing to do with the veg stage,I grew amnesia haze last year in the ground,awsome strain,i probably shouldn't have smoked some just before deciding my grow,lol,,I'm still learning,i could have planted them at the same time,instead of planting my indicas the following month,now I believe my amnesia haze and somantr a will be my largest plants,,just didn't expect it to blow up so fast. Thanks for listening..HAPPY GROWING..

Do you plan to keep it in the pot for the entire grow? I'd go as big as possible.
Small outdoor plants is kind of an oxymoron (like jumbo shrimp). You can make it shorter by topping, supercropping, etc. but it will get BIG given half a chance.

Yes,last year I had 12 footers passing the roof of my house,after I topped them 3 xs and thay were just starting to flower,,i noticed code enforcement buzzing around, so I pulled them,better safe than sorry,,that was my fault,never should have let them get that big,i have a license and follow all the laws,but out here in California,it's not the authoritys,I worry about it's the haters.I grow 1lb plants minimum in the ground,this year I'm trying to tone it down with geopots,so I can move them around ,I'm not trying to grow more then I need for the year,to much drama,my first grow I pulled 5lbs from 4 plant,too much,unless you have partners,I'm just GROWING for my own personal use.ps.I read that topping plants severely damages the genetics and makes the cannabis less potent due to waisting energy creating new shoots,ect,,i've always topped my plants,I never grew without topping,this year I'm not topping any plants,,i need to. See for myself,i might grow 2 of the same plants,one topped the other normal,and test them both in a lab,,HAPPY GROWING.

Back
Top Bottom