What yall think which mobile nutrient is this?

If the plants are not in flower I would spray them with something to help the nematodes when they arrive!!
Nematodes are ment as a deterrent but they will not stop an infestation that has already started!
I've never heard of perlite stopping any sort of pest either!
If they are in flower @Sierra Natural Science has a lot of products that you can use. CL🍀

@InTheShed has a recipe for a Citric Acid treatment that works really good. CL🍀
Would that be a foliar spray captain?
If the plants are not in flower I would spray them with something to help the nematodes when they arrive!!
Nematodes are ment as a deterrent but they will not stop an infestation that has already started!
I've never heard of perlite stopping any sort of pest either!
Yeah defo will give it a spray. The 3inch perlite layer at the surface is apparently an effective barrier to prevent adult flys from getting into the soil, or to trap ones that hatch in the soil and try to get out.

I hadn't tried this before, and only reason my I'm confident it's having a positive effect, is because my house plants haven't had any problems since. No flys flying around. They are in a different room u see, and I covered all if them. In my tent I only had enough to cover 1 plant. This is why I'm speculating.. Cud be wrong tho 😂

Would that be a foliar spray captain?

Yeah defo will give it a spray. The 3inch perlite layer at the surface is apparently an effective barrier to prevent adult flys from getting into the soil, or to trap ones that hatch in the soil and try to get out.

I hadn't tried this before, and only reason my I'm confident it's having a positive effect, is because my house plants haven't had any problems since. No flys flying around. They are in a different room u see, and I covered all if them. In my tent I only had enough to cover 1 plant. This is why I'm speculating.. Cud be wrong tho 😂
Yeah it’s a foliar spray. CL🍀

Defo going to order more nematodes, treat again and then cover all with 3 top layer with 2inches if perlite. What yous think sound I hold of on feeding the cal mag before trying to treat the thrips again?
It reads like you are confusing several different problems with each other and then using something to treat a problem you might not have. In the meantime the problems you do have are getting worse.

Your first description of the flying insect looking like a Fruit Fly makes it sound like you have Fungus Gnats. One of the best ways of treating for these Gnats is to use a bacteria named Bti which is mixed with water and poured on the soil. Be sure it says Bti and not just Bt--two different treatments and for all practical purposes, only the Bti will help get rid of Gnat larvae in the soil. And only Bt will get rid of worms or insect larva found on the surface of leaves.

Nematodes are almost always insect specific meaning that if you use nematodes that will kill off Thrips then they will do nothing for Fungus Gnats.

The 3inch perlite layer at the surface is apparently an effective barrier to prevent adult flys from getting into the soil, or to trap ones that hatch in the soil and try to get out.
Yes, I have heard of gardeners using Perlite this way. Judgeing by the way the photo makes it look, you have one inch of space from the top of the soil to the lip of pot you are using. One inch of Pertlite will help but not as well as having a 3 inch layer.

You would be better off using a finely ground up Diatomaceous Earth like what @CaptainLucky mentions a couple of messages above this one. Dust it over the surface of the soil and it will kill off adult Gnats as they crawl around getting ready to lay their eggs and it will kill off the young Gnats as they come to the surface to start flying around getting ready to mate. Plus the DE will decompose and release Silica/Silicon into the soil which can make for healthier plants.

Once you start on a treatment program for Gnats, Thrips, or any other insect be sure to continue applying whatever you are using on a recommended schedule. One dose or one time only slows the insects down for a day or two. Before long they are back. You have to continue treating the houseplants too. Even if you do not see any insects there Fungus Gnats have returned. Figure it can take 2 to 4 weeks of treatment to stop most soil insect problems

On top of all that the new photos do make it look like you have a Powdery Mildew problem that is ready to get out of control. It looks like mildew near where the fingers of the leaf meet at the end of the leaf stem. The photo below with someone holding an upside down leaf show areas of what looks like mildew, and possibly insects and eggs. Plus in the second photo it looks like mildew on the the right side up leaf in the upper right corner.

Any of these possible problems can be taken care of or at least brought under control with some repeated treatments while following a schedule.

you've got gnats for sure. get a loupe all over the plants to confirm if you have mites, thrips, or other pest. there's likely more than one pest at play here.

examine and identify what you are dealing with first before throwing weak attempts to fix it at the wall.

Super information folks. Really appreciate the details I'm getting here thanks to all.. 👍
Just learned alot more today alone lol

I thought the nematodes wud kill them and that wud he it. Lesson learned for sure thanks!
Will defo order the diatomaceous earth now. I will have to search to see can I source that BTi bacteria here in Ireland. Should I then cover again with perlite? After the dusting of the earth for extra barrier?

I've ordered an extra fan this morning should be here Fri. Fkk I hope the PW doesn't start on the 2 autos I have in flower. I never got a chance of getting my dehumidifier outa the attic yet. Need my buddy to call with a ladder. It will be today. Once I get the RH to 50ish and add the extra fan, that should do the trick for the PM, I hope 🙈

Going now to see can I get these things. Be back later folks... 👍

you've got gnats for sure. get a loupe all over the plants to confirm if you have mites, thrips, or other pest. there's likely more than one pest at play here.

examine and identify what you are dealing with first before throwing weak attempts to fix it at the wall.
Thanks butler, yeah it's frustrating cuz was hoping nematodes I got figured wud last longer than this and cure the problem.. But have learned now I should of kept applying and used more methods. I will beat this infestation fighting Irish style 💪
😂
Going now to source diatomaceous earth and BTi bacteria. Chat later mate.. 👍

I've ordered an extra fan this morning should be here Fri. Fkk I hope the PW doesn't start on the 2 autos I have in flower. I never got a chance of getting my dehumidifier outa the attic yet. Need my buddy to call with a ladder. It will be today. Once I get the RH to 50ish and add the extra fan, that should do the trick for the PM, I hope 🙈
If it is Powdery Mildew, which it does look like, then lowering the humidity or adding more fans will not be enough to make it go away. You will have to come up with a method of killing off as much of the mildew as possible and then maintain a schedule that helps keep it from returning.

The use of a citric acid spray has already been mentioned. I use that and I will spray several times a week. Some days I spray twice. It might sound like a lot of work but it is easier than trying to deal with it later if it comes back enough that someone can see it on the leaves or on the buds.

Some growers like using a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and water and some like buying something from the store.. Pick one. If you pick two you will have to research that they both can be used at the same time or can be used one after the other.

If it is Powdery Mildew, which it does look like, then lowering the humidity or adding more fans will not be enough to make it go away. You will have to come up with a method of killing off as much of the mildew as possible and then maintain a schedule that helps keep it from returning.

The use of a citric acid spray has already been mentioned. I use that and I will spray several times a week. Some days I spray twice. It might sound like a lot of work but it is easier than trying to deal with it later if it comes back enough that someone can see it on the leaves or on the buds.

Some growers like using a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and water and some like buying something from the store.. Pick one. If you pick two you will have to research that they both can be used at the same time or can be used one after the other.

Thanks wings, This is 6%, is that OK then or do I need a stronger for PM %?

It's ordered should be here Monday. Could only see a supplier for the BTi bacteria in US, it was costing over 200 bucks to get it and shipped to EU.

I did manage to find a garden wholesaler for biological pest control.
We spoke for a bit and he recommended using the nematodes and mites together along with keeping the surface dry. Just cudnr afford to order everything today, but can get the predator mites. They cover thrips and gants. They won't be here till tue. Next week will get the nematodes to go with them. I'm quietly confident all these measures together should have a positive effect.
Gonna order the proxide as well and spray!

Screenshot_20230426_142111_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey folks
You folks were right. When I came home on Thursday I took all plant out and gave a good look under the leaves, and noticed the odd little brown dude. Like a groan of rice only tiny. One of the stages of the giants.

I gave the plants in veg a hose down with neem until the D. Earth arrived. It came yesterday. I top dressed the ones in flower first, watered in and then sprinkled the D. Earth over the top trying to get a good even spread. Just curious if ya think I applied enough.

I have predator mites arriving next week. They will finish off any pupe in the soil. The sachet I orded will keep for a few months. I actually haven't noticed one fly flying about since Thursday. I've been killing the little fkers on the under side of the leaves as I check every every half day. Not finding all that many.

IMG_20230429_120902.jpg

The panty punch in veg is training nicely.. I like this method with the sips.. This P. P I started watering from the rez eairler than the other and it's definitely helped. Tho the other one is coming along nicely as well. That's the one that had the PM. I took those leaves off on Thursday, have literally only got one of those larvae under 1 leaf in 3 days. I got my dehumidifier out and the RH is now at 45! A little lower than I wud like.

But because of the settings on it, I have to leave it run all the time. On the other settings if inset it to 55rh..it will kick off come it get to 53, and not come back on for 30m to check the RH.. That 30m time period my RH shoots back up to 68ish which I really don't like.

Looking at the chart on my phone the Rho spends alot more time around the mid 60s than down to 55. Bit of a pain, think the dehumidifier is slightly to big for the tent. Now that it runs all the times it builds up a bit more heat in the tent. Noting mental, up to 28c..slightly concerned it might affect the terps in the 2 I have in flower, but I can't have it every way. Next run il be better organised lol

IMG_20230429_120920.jpg

IMG_20230429_120912.jpg

The panty punch in veg is training nicely.. I like this method with the sips.. This P. P I started watering from the rez eairler than the other and it's definitely helped. Tho the other one is coming along nicely as well. That's the one that had the PM. I took those leaves off on Thursday, have literally only got one of those larvae under 1 leaf in 3 days. I got my dehumidifier out and the RH is now at 45! A little lower than I wud like.

But because of the settings on it, I have to leave it run all the time. On the other settings if inset it to 55rh..it will kick off come it get to 53, and not come back on for 30m to check the RH.. That 30m time period my RH shoots back up to 68ish which I really don't like.

Looking at the chart on my phone the Rho spends alot more time around the mid 60s than down to 55. Bit of a pain, think the dehumidifier is slightly to big for the tent. Now that it runs all the times it builds up a bit more heat in the tent. Noting mental, up to 28c..slightly concerned it might affect the terps in the 2 I have in flower, but I can't have it every way. Next run il be better organised lol

IMG_20230429_120920.jpg

IMG_20230429_120912.jpg
The one in flower here is gorilla cookies from fastbuds.

Family photo! No PM any more on the far left panty punch

IMG_20230429_120928.jpg

Thanks wings, This is 6%, is that OK then or do I need a stronger for PM %?
I do not use a Hydrogen Peroxide mix but know growers that do.

My suggestion is to follow the instructions and mix and spray the way the company says to do it. Look for reactions on the plants before trying to go stronger or weaker.

Back
Top Bottom