What yall think which mobile nutrient is this?

gazmufc

Hey folks have a panty punch auto at week 6 and it's been going good till recently. Noticed few bloches on the fan leaves of the first nodes, but it didn't spread until today. It's slowly moving up and affecting the 2nd node fan leaves and just looking help to work out which it is.

Going on what I've learned so far and comparing it to charts. It looks like calcium or phosphorus, but not sure if it's lacking or excess off. How can I tell the difference?

It starts off as small pale blotch, turning yellow and then decaying. It moves to the edge and does the same.

It's in living soil, and all climate factors are within the roar of a donkeys ass 😂

Thanks for any advice folks... 👍

IMG_20230424_220659.jpg

IMG_20230424_203801.jpg

IMG_20230424_203749.jpg

IMG_20230424_203746.jpg

IMG_20230424_203711.jpg

IMG_20230424_203646.jpg

That's not a deficiency, it looks like powdery mildew! Needs to be taken care of ASAP. I'll let others suggest treatments. As an interim measure, see if you can lower your relative humidity.
Edit: if any of the leaves are touching the soil either remove them or get them off of the soil.

Hey folks have a panty punch auto at week 6 and it's been going good till recently. Noticed few bloches on the fan leaves of the first nodes, but it didn't spread until today. It's slowly moving up and affecting the 2nd node fan leaves and just looking help to work out which it is.

Going on what I've learned so far and comparing it to charts. It looks like calcium or phosphorus, but not sure if it's lacking or excess off. How can I tell the difference?

It starts off as small pale blotch, turning yellow and then decaying. It moves to the edge and does the same.

It's in living soil, and all climate factors are within the roar of a donkeys ass 😂

Thanks for any advice folks... 👍
This looks interesting.

The group is pretty good at getting a handle on problems and then helping out with suggestions that they have found will help.

In the title you ask a question about which mobile nutrient is causing the problem. I am wondering why you think it is a mobile nutrient issue.

To my way of looking at it there are several possibilities depending on which photo I look at. Some make me think to look for insects and then there are the pictures that remind me of a mildew problem that was treated with something that killed off the mildew but now more mildew has started up along the lines of what is mentioned by @Phytoplankton.

Calcium problems are a possibility as @Porky82 brings up.

A couple of new photos in better light and in focus would help. Don't need more than one or two to start to get a handle on what is happening.

That's not a deficiency, it looks like powdery mildew! Needs to be taken care of ASAP. I'll let others suggest treatments. As an interim measure, see if you can lower your relative humidity.
Edit: if any of the leaves are touching the soil either remove them or get them off of the soil.
Hi, thanks for commenting. Yes those leaves where touching the soil. Will remove them. This is one of the first autos that was actually doing OK, so was a little paranoid about removing incase I stressed it. But will take them off later.

Ya see this run is a bit of a mess. Have 5 autos, 2 that are 4 weeks into flower (I've them placed the closest to light)

The 1 that 2 weeks into flower, at a slightly less height.
Then 2 panty punch at week 6 of veg, they are at ground level. I don't see any PM on any of the other buds on the 2 plants that are in mid flower, but I guess because they are at max height and getting the full fan, maybe PM not getting a chance to form, where as which the panty punch at the bottom, it's obviously more humid there right? I see now why I'm not seeing the RH for that area in my tent. I have my probe sitting closer to the plants at the top.

Il kick on the dehumidifier tonight and see how that go's. Thanks... 👍

This looks interesting.

The group is pretty good at getting a handle on problems and then helping out with suggestions that they have found will help.

In the title you ask a question about which mobile nutrient is causing the problem. I am wondering why you think it is a mobile nutrient issue.

To my way of looking at it there are several possibilities depending on which photo I look at. Some make me think to look for insects and then there are the pictures that remind me of a mildew problem that was treated with something that killed off the mildew but now more mildew has started up along the lines of what is mentioned by @Phytoplankton.

Calcium problems are a possibility as @Porky82 brings up.

A couple of new photos in better light and in focus would help. Don't need more than one or two to start to get a handle on what is happening.
Hey wings, appreciate you're suggestions. Ya I'm defo still a novice at this craic. Reason why I thought it was a mobile nutrient, was cuz I first started noticing the blotching on the lowest leaves over a week ago.
Keeping a good eye on the area and leaves above them to see could I notice the condition spreading, and just yesterday I've noticed it staring on the next set of fan leaves. I'd read a few times and heard you folks speak that some nutrients are mobile and immobile. Using Google to see which ones are which and then comparing with the charts. My guess it was it looked closet to lacking calcium. Maybe some day il be confident enough to come to my own conclusions but for now il for sure take heed what you folks think. Yous haven't guided me wrong yet 😂

I will get my friend over later who has a much better phone camera than mine. I do see other little details under infected fan leaves. It almost looks like leaf minor damage, but on a much smaller scale. Tiny little circle areas of missing green!

I did have a fruit fly problem. I decided to go down the nematode route for treatment and it's done a great job. It's a good job I be on here regularly reading. I've seen many times you foks comment on how the grow industry is a rip off. My local organic store was selling the nematodes I needed for like 50stg. I done a little searchingand found another company that sold the exact same nematodes, hit only for treating aunt infestation for like 15e 😂

They did work a treat, killed all the eggs not only in grow tent. But house plants as well. I still had afew adults flying about. Added some sticky traps and now I haven't seen any for over a week now. Il add some more pictures tonight.. 👍

looks like a pest issue and the plant is reacting to it. you don't have fruit flies, they don't bother the plants.

you had / have gnats if they are hanging about. they will attack roots and give you a look like the lower leaves that are waxy green and drying out before turning brown.

the little white dots are probably mites.

both issues will have migrated from the house plants to your grow.

You got some better pics?
The last pic looks like Calcium Def spots!
Hey Porky, thank you for you're input.
Unfortunately my phone camera is crap. My friend will call over later and il take more. Ya see this run I decided to experiment a bit with autos to see if I cud get the hang of them. I have 5 in this run. (took me about 10 autos to get right, hence the reason I've 5 at different stages.

I've got some crushed egg shells that have been soaking in organic cider vinegar for about 3 weeks now. I only added 1 bottle. So it's 500ml. What ratio should I put. I know it's not exact. What u think about 10ml for every 1lt of water?
Thanks in advance.. 👍

I've got some crushed egg shells that have been soaking in organic cider vinegar for about 3 weeks now. I only added 1 bottle. So it's 500ml. What ratio should I put. I know it's not exact. What u think about 10ml for every 1lt of water?

get a proper cal-mag product. always found it takes too long for the eggshell thing to break down to be usable to the plant from the soil. if you stay with it you can speed the process up by frying your eggshells before processing them.

not really seeing a cal-mag issue per se here.

looks like a pest issue and the plant is reacting to it. you don't have fruit flies, they don't bother the plants.

you had / have gnats if they are hanging about. they will attack roots and give you a look like the lower leaves that are waxy green and drying out before turning brown.

get a proper cal-mag product. always found it takes too long for the eggshell thing to break down to be usable to the plant from the soil. if you stay with it you can speed the process up by frying your eggshells before processing them.

not really seeing a cal-mag issue per se here.
Thanks butler. Do u think it would be OK then to use the bio buzz cal/mag? I can get it in my local shop.

Thanks butler. Do u think it would be OK then to use the bio buzz cal/mag? I can get it in my local shop.

that'd be fine. what media and nutes are you running ?

i think there's a pest issue that may have to be resolved still. do you have a loupe or other high magnification to inspect the leaves ? i'd be checking for mites as well as further gnat activity. it would not hurt to get some yellow sticky traps.

Here is a shot of the nematodes I used. They really are a good all round one. I applyed it all, should I order more!?and give another treatment.. Mites!! Ughhh don't like the sound of them. Should they not be visable under the leaf, or if I pull back the soil?
I've been doing those things but not sign. Yeah I wasn't 100% sure which little flys I had. They are tiny little black ones. They were everywhere there was a plant or food scrape. I see the very odd one still.
For my house plants I added a 3inch layer of perlite after I treated them. I must order more and do the same in my grow tent.

I think it's doing a good job keeping them from going back into my house plants. Believe it or not these house plants are wayy more important to me than my ladies. They belonged to my mum who is no longer alive. So yeah, extra TLC for them for sure.. 👍

Screenshot_20230425_143148_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

the nematodes will help, but it looks like they aren't winning yet. you will need to find an equilibrium as long as you keep passing them between the houseplants and the grow. the nematodes alone will not eradicate them at this time, but you may find a balance. lots of growers live with a continuous mite issue.

mites are microscopic. you need magnification to check for them.

edit : look into SNS organic pest control products. they are one of the sponsors. we can't get it here, but it is used everywhere in the US to great effect.

I did have a fruit fly problem.
I see that @bluter already mentioned the Fruit Fly vs Fungus Gnat issue. So more info in detail....

Fruit Flies and Fungus Gnats look similar when we see them flying around. They look a bit like the little dots in my eye that has a retina issue according to the eye doctor. The fruit flies will be hanging around ripe and over-ripe fruits and sometimes vegetables but will not stay near most living plants--nothing there for them to eat.

Most likely what you are seeing are fungus gnats. They are not a problem until they land on the soil, lay their eggs, and then the eggs hatch. The little larvae will start to eat the smallest roots on the plants and if the plant has a weak root system it will not grow well.

Hey folks

Got some better quality photos. Hope this helps. Seen one little fly buzzing around as I opened up. Defo going to order more nematodes, treat again and then cover all with 3 top layer with 2inches if perlite. What yous think sound I hold of on feeding the cal mag before trying to treat the thrips again?

Screenshot_20230425_224347_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_224331_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_224257_com.whatsapp.jpg

I would treat the thrips immediately because if they get out of control they will do a lot of damage!
From the pics it looks over watered which could be causing the calcium Def!
Are the pots heavy to pic up?

Hey Porky,

Yeah I've ordered more nematodes and perlite to cover the surface. All plant's have been drinking good. This one isn't in sips tho.. It's medium is still damp yes, I last watered her on Fri after I top dressed.. Darn it's gonna at least a week before the nematodes arrive.. Perlite shood be here Fri, so at least I will be fit to stop any more adults from getting in, or new ones out.. Fingers crossed 🤞
Thanks again for the feedback.. 👍

@InTheShed has a recipe for a Citric Acid treatment that works really good. CL🍀

Thinking of using different control for the thrips rather than nematodes. These are mite that eat the larvae. What yous think, they're a little more expensive tho.

Was hoping the nematodes would of kept them away for good. They are sapose to survive for up to 3 months as long as temps are abiveb15c

Hey Porky,

Yeah I've ordered more nematodes and perlite to cover the surface. All plant's have been drinking good. This one isn't in sips tho.. It's medium is still damp yes, I last watered her on Fri after I top dressed.. Darn it's gonna at least a week before the nematodes arrive.. Perlite shood be here Fri, so at least I will be fit to stop any more adults from getting in, or new ones out.. Fingers crossed 🤞
Thanks again for the feedback.. 👍
If the plants are not in flower I would spray them with something to help the nematodes when they arrive!!
Nematodes are ment as a deterrent but they will not stop an infestation that has already started!
I've never heard of perlite stopping any sort of pest either!

Back
Top Bottom