What's more important during the drying phase humidity or darkness?

just about to harvest and i can dry either where it's dark, or i can dry where it's the right humidity, which one is the most important so i know where to dry my buds at. Thanks in advance!
You really need both in check for proper drying, curing is done in jars.
Put them in the dark. Light degradation happens quite quickly. Monitor your buds closely. If your humidity is low they will dry more quickly, humidity is high they will dry more slowly.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AIR CIRCULATING AROUND THEM. ESPECIALLY IF ITS HIGH HUMID!!!

You really need both in check for proper drying, curing is done in jars.
Put them in the dark. Light degradation happens quite quickly. Monitor your buds closely. If your humidity is low they will dry more quickly, humidity is high they will dry more slowly.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AIR CIRCULATING AROUND THEM. ESPECIALLY IF ITS HIGH HUMID!!!
for hanging them to dry i have either the grow tent which has a plant thats about two weeks out from being finished, and is going to need the lights on. or in a large cupboard i could hang them in that has a low humidity of about thirty percent. unfortunately these are my only two options and i was wondering which one is the best for the initial hanging and drying.

what about raising humidity in cupboard with a pan of water with fan blowing across surface maybe but not blowing on your buds since that would dry them too quickly
hmm.. maybe, it's a small cupboard, i have a small fan but im not sure if it would put too much air going, i could probably keep the buds a few inches above the top of the fan, but im not sure exactly how far. Heh i need to figure this stuff out, harvest day is the day after tommorow for the sour diesel. Honestly this stuff is just for me, im not selling and am not worried about a little loss of quality, im just wondering if worse comes to worse which one is going to cause the most loss in potency, low humidity or being exposed to light for twelve hours a day in the grow tent.

Dont dry your flower in a tent with lights on.

So your other option.

Lower RH during drying the only thing that will do is shorten your drying time. Dont let the plants over dry. Hanging them in a grow tent with lights on.... not a good option.

for hanging them to dry i have either the grow tent which has a plant thats about two weeks out from being finished, and is going to need the lights on. or in a large cupboard i could hang them in that has a low humidity of about thirty percent. unfortunately these are my only two options and i was wondering which one is the best for the initial hanging and drying.

Put them in the cupboard and refresh the air by opening the doors a couple times a day. Temperature plus humidity will determine when buds are dry enough for curing.
If you have a small computer size cooling fan would be great to circulate the air, anything bigger will be to much.
Don't put a wet rag or a bowl of water in there, the greenery will keep the humidity in the cupboard high enough to dry properly.
Relax and in a few days they will be ready for jars.

just about to harvest and i can dry either where it's dark, or i can dry where it's the right humidity, which one is the most important so i know where to dry my buds at. Thanks in advance!
Hey fuzzy hope your doing ok with your harvest, totally unrelated. Is that a big bow hen in your pic. Just caught a glimpse of chrome as i was scanning through new posts. I loved to do a bit of drifting in my day. Hope you are doing well my friend take care.

hmm.. maybe, it's a small cupboard, i have a small fan but im not sure if it would put too much air going, i could probably keep the buds a few inches above the top of the fan, but im not sure exactly how far. Heh i need to figure this stuff out, harvest day is the day after tommorow for the sour diesel. Honestly this stuff is just for me, im not selling and am not worried about a little loss of quality, im just wondering if worse comes to worse which one is going to cause the most loss in potency, low humidity or being exposed to light for twelve hours a day in the grow tent.
I’m certain someone else has said this but if not , DO NOT PUT THEM UNDER lights for anytime . The answer to your question should be in the cupboard without question.
Put them into the refrigerator, do some research on this topic amd try it . Otherwise cupboard

I’m certain someone else has said this but if not , DO NOT PUT THEM UNDER lights for anytime . The answer to your question should be in the cupboard without question.
Put them into the refrigerator, do some research on this topic amd try it . Otherwise cupboard
Greatly appreciated, I wont be hanging them in the grow tent to dry for sure. also here is a pic of a sample bud i took of the sour diesel. smoked some this morning and wow, potent is all i have to say :)
DSC08219.JPG

Hey fuzzy hope your doing ok with your harvest, totally unrelated. Is that a big bow hen in your pic. Just caught a glimpse of chrome as i was scanning through new posts. I loved to do a bit of drifting in my day. Hope you are doing well my friend take care.
im not sure what a bow hen is, i have a feeling that is something it is called regionally. But this is a steel head i caught on the shores of gitche gumee (lake superior) during the spring spawning run a few years back. spring is some of the best fishing of the year when all the fish head out of superior up the rivers to spawn.

im not sure what a bow hen is, i have a feeling that is something it is called regionally. But this is a steel head i caught on the shores of gitche gumee (lake superior) during the spring spawning run a few years back. spring is some of the best fishing of the year when all the fish head out of superior up the river to spawn.
i just googled it yeah bow hens are rainbows.

Dont dry your flower in a tent with lights on.

So your other option.

Lower RH during drying the only thing that will do is shorten your drying time. Dont let the plants over dry. Hanging them in a grow tent with lights on.... not a good option.
Thanks for the info! i'll be drying them in the cupboard, honestly they recomend about 45 percent humidity for drying and my house is at about 30 percent so i don't think it will hurt the process to much with that little of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom