What's up people - New here and to growing

wow 8.2 thats wow terrible city water. Did you ever call the sanitation and water treatment department to see what dissolved solids are in your water? If you believe it is necrosis due to ph issues then call the water company . A lot of times ph gets out of whack because people try to overfeed nutrients and it just compounds the issue and adds a lot of salt content to the soil which in turn burns the roots which will die if left unchecked. See its a compounding issue so if you are worried about the ph always start with the water company and if that all checks out then dont give it so many nutes or add a extra water cycle in between giving it more nutes.

wow 8.2 thats wow terrible city water. Did you ever call the sanitation and water treatment department to see what dissolved solids are in your water?

Hi Joe, I gave a hurried reply and should have slowed down. My Tap water is between 7.2 and 7.5 130ppm out of the tap. I fill gallon milk jugs and let them sit out for a couple days. The PH drifts above 8, usual sits right at 8.2 by the time I use it. In my case fixing the PH issue also fixed what I thought was a nutrient deficiency.

A lot of times ph gets out of whack because people try to overfeed nutrients and it just compounds the issue and adds a lot of salt content to the soil which in turn burns the roots which will die if left unchecked.

Great point! That's exactly what happened to me and it looks like it's happening to Indo now. In my case, the PH was out of whack from the start causing the issues that I was trying to fix. That's what I was trying to convey to Indo. Once I got the PH, Lighting, Temperature, and Humidity right the issues I was having just disappeared.

Indo, please take my advice as that of a new grower. I'm only on my 4th grow and have limited knowledge. When I saw your plants, I recognized those symptoms as they looked exactly like mine did when I wasn't controlling my PH. If you already have a that under control then of course that's not it. Just relaying my experience.

:Namaste:

JJ

Thanks For the update lads :) yea this PH problem could be it. im from ireland and what if looked up and can remember from school is that are water is soft to medium water and mine averages form PH 5-6. but the water that comes from the bath rooms is supposily different and its hard water PH level im not sure. the only way i checked my Ph was the liquid solution way and it came out to be a yellowie orange colour. but iv ordered a digital ph tester today for 12€ so i can properly check and frequently.

ME-PHMETER.jpg

thats it there if anyone need to buy a cheap enough one. and here is her today after a feed of Dr.H's Bloom hope fully its good to her :)..
DSC_001821.jpg
DSC_002027.jpg
DSC_002121.jpg
DSC_002223.jpg
.... One last thing the blue bag of soil on page 2 'with added J.I' i plan on using that next with perlite mixed u reckon shell like it ? im gonna read the back of the bag next time im in the shop it seems to be the best there. id love some fox farm soil tho :yummy:

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member as well. I'm having trouble starting a "new" thread. I have some issues I would like to discuss possibly someone with more knowledge could help out. How can I start a new thread?
Thanks

Well you go to the forum you want the thread to be in and click new thread in the upper left. Then write your message and hit quick reply. Then it will automatically show you replies in the user control panel which is also in the upper left its labeled like this user cp. When someone replies it will automatically alert in your cp but you still need to refresh the internet page. I cant wait indo remember to make a journal of it. I never heard of plagron so I want to see it in action.

Hi! You should start a grow journal, look at my first few entries in mine to get a picture of what to write about, stats, etc ... just follow the link in my signature and that should get you started

i will be making one soon Missmouse :) this is just my intro / practice run, just to get use to things. waiting on a ph tester from online . but in the mean time i got some bottle water with a 7-7.5 ph that be ok for now because my last ph was to low cutting out nutes and stuff :(

7 - 7.5 ia bit high, isn't it? I have my pH at 6.5 and my girls are doing amazing ... but this is my first grow so I'm sure some of the more experienced gardeners could give you some good advice ... I use Botanicare PRO bloom according to directions on the bottle, as well as Big Bud for a supplement ... also am waiting for Awesome Blossum from my hydro store, it's on order because he can barely keep it on the shelves it's so good. Have an awesome day!

Hi Indo,

MM is right. This is what works for me. These are the tools I use. PH Soil Meter, PH Liquid Meter, Distilled White Vinegar, and Dolomite Lime.

I use the Vinegar to "Lower" the PH of the Water/Food ONLY after I've added my nutrient solution and tested the PH of the mixture. I use the Dolomite Lime to "Raise" the PH of my soil.

I keep my food/water between 6.2-6.5, and I keep my sol at 6.8 or as close as possible. That's what works for me. I've heard and seen different numbers, but that's what seems to work best for me.

Stop by my grow journal and check it out. I have every detail of what I've done there. If you have any questions ask there for a quicker reply :)

Blessings
JJ

a ph that high will block a lot of the nutrients out meaning the plant wont uptake them and once that happens the lockouts will compound and eventually you will have necrosis of leaves and then plant death. This can happen in the matter of a overnight period. Most soils will already have a ph range stated on the product bag what is more important is water ph as their are usually a lot of dissolved solids in the water and that will drastically effect the ph. You can find out the exact solids in the water from the water and sanitation department.

If you have a nice drainable soil your plant wont drown as the purpose of a flush is to get all the accumalated salts out of the root zone. So usually people fill it with water until there is a nice runoff. If you are using organic soil and organic nutes then up to one week before harvest is fine. If you are using synthetic nutes then you want to do it 2-3 weeks out from harvest this way your buds dont have that chemical taste. Hope this helps a bit. If you could go ahead and click the star on the bottom of the post :)

You should only need 1 good flush. Just make sure you get water draining out in a fairly large amount.

Your leaf damage appears to be from nutrient burn and nutrient lockout due to pH fluctuation. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

It looks ok but I believe I see multiple nutrient lockouts forming or in progress. Your flowering them now with all those? It will make them worse on the plant.. Going into flowering is stressful for plants. I mean its pretty much o late now but i hope they make it through for you. What is the ph? Are your leaves crispy? Are they thin? Details man lets try to save em.

Back
Top Bottom