What's up people - New here and to growing

good advice thanks ppl :Namaste: im gonna start watering a nice bit every 2 or 3 days because my soil does seam dry each day after watering, which obviously wasent enough water, thats what had to of happened my last plant. due to the soil being to sandy/light mix and not enough watering. i bought soil yday and some perlite for a mix with soil. heres what i got anyway..
perlite3.jpg
and the soil ..
growise-multi-john-innes.jpg

I was also going to get this one aswell because there 3 for 2 at 6€ a 50l bag...
Westland-Multi-Purpose-Compost-50L_large.jpg
anyone know if its any good or will it be alright ? and this stuff aswell, is it worth getting??...
vermiculite.jpg

im in the process of getting the hang of watering and when to water. i might give her one more feed of Dr.Hornbys Bloom in a week or 2 and not feed this one again, just plain water. i was thinking about cloning in the mean time just to get the hang of things better, practice makes perfect:Rasta: would it be ok to chop a leaf or 2 of my T.D ? i have more seed some White Wid Auto Duch.P and 2 more T.Ds witch im going to grow soon because the WW has a nice bit of Indica :allgood: which is my fav :tokin: and ill make a journal of them too, which i plan on having more equipment like led light(s) fans, different soil mix and such.

I can't seem to get the watering straightened either ... there is so much conflicting info out there that I just decided to let the plant tell me when, so I touch the leaves and compare the feel with other plants that had been wated recently. Been waiting a month for a pH, moisture, temp. thingy ... bought on ebay.I should have just bought one at the store, silly me.

theres a chart floating around on this site KJC has it it shows deficiencies in plant leaves its a chart
some are hard to differentiate because they aren't real pictures
theres some info and pics running around on this site from marijuana garden saver which shows actual pictures of the
deficiencies
I have the kindle version but cant seem to get any pics pulled from it only text
Happy Weednsday Indo :thumb:

Thanks gr8fulfor420 :peace: Am trying :) Right i watered her this morning about 1/4 to half a liter of just ph water. Im tyring to stop the leafs turning black at the tips because im noticing it at the tip of new leafs and then they curl abit. Apart from that after watering her today the only thing i noticed different is the the od few leaves are curling inwards, as in the the spikey sides of the leaf are starting to curl up toward each other ?? the only thing iv done is watered her so it either to little or to much water:( i need to sort this out what ever im doing wrong with my autos because i wanna start trying some nice smoke :circle-of-love:

That warped curling of the leaves is heat stress. Your lights may be to close and need to be raised. Some of your leaves also appear to be starting to show nitrogen deficiency. You can tell because you have lighter green approaching yellow on some of your lower leaves. Nitrogen deficiency is very easy to correct fortunately and nitrogen is mobile so that means it can be corrected within days of fixing the issue. By the way welcome to the website its very welcoming here and im sure you will get all the advice you could ever need.

The blackening of the leaves is necrosis which simply put means that leave will die. It cant be reversed but it can be stopped. If half the leaf shows necrosis its best to trim the leaf. Make sure you cut the leaf at its beginning flush to the stem to reduce the repair time the plant will require since repair time is time the plant isnt diverting all its energy to new growth and will result in stunted plants.

niceone SmokerJoe handy bit of info there for future :D I chopped some of the leaf tips of where it was burnt and gave her a bit nice bit of plain water im not familiar with flushing because im afraid of letting her get over watered. i have Dr.Hornby Bloom will i give her some of that and how much water wise if so? i understand mixing the soulition 3ml to a liter but i dont kno how much to pour into my plant :( thats my problem ... 1L-2L- Half a Liter-750ml ???:S and im dont think its heat stress because its only 25c - 50H which is quite spot on as far as iv read.

Seems to be a simple case of nitrogen deficiency and some heat damage to the mangled leaves. Move the lights further from the plant a bit if you havent already and the plant will resume healthy leave structure. For the nutrient nitrogen is mobile so that means if given nitrogen it will correct very fast. I recommend adding a blood meal which is high in nitrogen or you could dilute your urine in a gallon of water. Dont pee right on the plant or you will give it nute burn lol

thank you:thumb: iv moved the plant away from the lights abit and more on the red light (2700k) side of the box. i watered her yday so i gonna wait a day or 2 before i give her nutes and feed her with dr. hornby's iguana juice bloom (4-3-6) 3mls per liter. so would it be alright for a 4 ml maby since she seems to need it, for the extra (N) ?

just been read there for a bit and what iv come across is Phosphorus deficiency and nitrogen def. it looks more like (P) def rather then (N) to me :S still not 100% im gonna take the advice iv been given tho by 420 peps :) so in about 2 days im gonna feed her with Dr.Horbrys Bloom 3ml to a liter. So will i give her the hole liter when i water or ruffly how much ?? Thanks everyone for the info and support along the way :thanks: much appreciated :Rasta:
INDO

It depends on when you gave them 3 first. How long you intend to stay in the vegetative cycle as well as the amount of light the plant receives but I would say its fine as long as its high in Nitrogen and Phosphorous . If you haven't been vegging long and they already show those deficiencies then you should consider new soil.

i gave them there first 3ml of Dr.H. grow about 2-3 weeks ago then some Dr.H. bloom about 2 weeks ago and thats it. yea iv been trying different soils as i go and posted pics of the next soils i plan on using and im going to mix with perlite aswell. will i run a liter of water with nutes added through her next watering or less since theres nutes in the water?

Well do you have hard or soft water? Id say it will be fine either way but it relly depends on how much particulate matter is in your city water. You can usually find this online or from your cities water and sanitation department or water treatment facilities. They will break down everything not water thats in it even the fluoride and chlorine levels which isnt actually safe for human consumption and is very harmful to people but thats another story. Hope this helps you out.

Hi Indo,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a new grower too so please take what I say with that in mind. I had an issue that looked exactly like yours and it was a PH issue. If you don't have a PH soil and water meter, I'd recommend those. I read through this thread and don't remember if you've already addressed that, but that's where I'd start.

Unfortunately I was reading all the signs as deficiencies and started upping the nutes which caused even more problems. My soil PH was under 6 and my water PH out of the tap was 8.2. Once I got my soil PH to 6.8 and my water to 6.5 everything just started growing healthy again. Not saying this is your problem, but without knowing the PH of your soil and water, you may be trying to fix the wrong things.

Best of luck

JJ

Back
Top Bottom