What's your favorite strain for A.D.D.?

Southerncough

Hey grow fam!
Was just wondering what you guys smoke to help with A.D.D.?
(I've had some luck with chocolope, tangerine dream, and jack herrer.)
I have meds but hate taking them because they make me feel like a meth head and i can be kind of an impatient ass when they're in my system.
And the obvious stance that I'd much rather take something made by nature than a lab!
Thanks and looking forward to reading your responses! -ooh a squirrel!

Strange as it may sound, Amnesia worked well for me.
Come to think of it that might not be so strange, ****** says it's JH x C99.
But then further research on ******** says it's bubblegum x super silver haze.

Meh. Who cares, worked for me. I'm also going to try Jack the Ripper if I can find a reputable source for seeds, everyone seems to be sold out except for a non-sponsor seed bank (no, not that one) that has a bad rep on a lot of forums.

Note: I went back and removed the site names as I don't know if they're considered competitors or not. They're def not sponsors.

Meh. Who cares, worked for me. I'm also going to try Jack the Ripper if I can find a reputable source for seeds, everyone seems to be sold out except for a non-sponsor seed bank (no, not that one) that has a bad rep on a lot of forums.

As that strain a TGA/Subcool on the Breeder, it will be hard to find anymore as he passed away last year. Or least finding some that actually are the real thing or from someone reputable far as the whole thing goes also. Unless someone he knew keeping his stuff going, but I haven't heard anything along those lines or yet anyway.

As that strain a TGA/Subcool on the Breeder, it will be hard to find anymore as he passed away last year. Or least finding some that actually are the real thing or from someone reputable far as the whole thing goes also. Unless someone he knew keeping his stuff going, but I haven't heard anything along those lines or yet anyway.
Wow. I hadn't heard that, I'm still researching the strain.
I thought I read somewhere that TGA and Sub had a falling out, but they were still selling his seeds.

Wow. I hadn't heard that, I'm still researching the strain.
I thought I read somewhere that TGA and Sub had a falling out, but they were still selling his seeds.

Some of the Strains went to Mz Jill when they split up, but hadn't heard if anyone is keeping the TGA line going since Subcool's passing.

Strange as it may sound, Amnesia worked well for me.
Come to think of it that might not be so strange, ****** says it's JH x C99.
But then further research on ******** says it's bubblegum x super silver haze.

Note: I went back and removed the site names as I don't know if they're considered competitors or not. They're def not sponsors.
I've also had some luck with Thai stick...well at least the place I got it from called it thai stick but I don't really trust their genetics after a few weird grows from their stuff. Either way, good productive buzz but after 16 weeks of flowering you get a mild yield of airy buds! and it stretched the ENTIRE TIME!! Not a fun indoor strain.

I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s and ADD/ADHD was unheard of. I have never been diagnosed by a doctor but I know I have it. I could read sentences but not books or stories because I would get lost in the words and have to start over. The hyperactive part of me would make me frustrated. Anything going on around me would break my attention and cause me to start over in reading. I never read a book until I was 21 years old while working in the Gulf of Mexico. Part of what I did was working around 4 large diesel engines where I would have to sit and control and monitor the engines. It got pretty boring sitting around with nothing but big engines making a lot of noise for 12 hours. You had to use ear protection to cut out some of the noise. It is there where I read my first book. It wasn't long until I found out about diet pills and found that they would help me stay focused. Needless to say I became a speed freak and stayed that way until I was in my mid 30's. In around 1974 the feds started to regulate diet pills and took all the good ones off the legal market. I was fortunate because I was able to connect with a pharmacist and bought a sealed jar of Black Mollies in 1975. During the next 10 years, which it took me to eat all those pills, I learned to cope with or handle my ADD/ADHD. I never abused the pills and never felt I was addicted to them. When I was 38 I started going to college and one of my majors was Special Education where I had to learn about ADD/ADHD and medicines used to treat the problem. This is when I learned that this is what I had wrong with me. In my over 50 years of smoking weed I have found that some of it helped with my ADD/ADHD but for most of that time I didn't know what strain I was smoking. I had a couple of hits of Green Crack when I starting this post and can vouch for it ability to tame the disorder. I have heard that Strawberry Cough works pretty good also.

Thank you for sharing your story and experiences. Fortunately mine isn't severe enough to be a learning disability. In fact mine wasn't diagnosed until I was in my early 30's as well.
Just seems my attention span lasts about an hour tops and I have to change things up or my brain will focus on anything but the task at hand. Which was fine as a kid in school because every hour the bell would ring and I'd get up and go to another class etc. But as an adult sitting at a desk all day focusing on large projects I'd get into trouble. Also made sense of why I would get restless and change jobs, explain (but not excuse) fidelity issues in relationships, etc.
Not that I want to stray but just lose interest or want to try something "new" etc.
I've taken prescriptions that worked really well but didn't care for how intense and irritable they made me as I'm a pretty chill guy. Also they made me a light sleeper who'd have a hard time falling asleep after anything woke me because my heart would be racing all night.
Will have to try green crack. Thai worked really well but is a PITA to produce in a small closet garden. Have some lemon haze seedlings that I'm giving a try as well.
Anyhoo, thanks!

I like Green Crack in the morning and GG4 in the evening. I took two GC down in the past couple of days and will take a GG4 down in a week or two when she gets about 20% amber, I didn't want the GC to be showing any amber I flowered them for 44 days under a Mars Hydro SP3000 with about 50% clear and 50% cloudy when I took them down. I am fortunate to have a lot of space for indoor growing. I hope I live long enough to be able to grow in the sun again.

Back
Top Bottom