When to feed MKP

Bounce3d

Hi all my friends

need help here, read awhile ago about MPK but cant really remember all the details :lot-o-toke:

I read that to help with the flip to flower you feed MPK and towards the end of flower too.

what i cant remember though is..
*do i feed MPK the same moment i flip the lights to 12/12
*do i then carry on feeding up until flush or do i only use it for like the first week after flip and then the last like 3 weeks until flush?

know i read it somewhere on here but now for the life of me cannot remember o_O

its for my dear friend @Frans420 but i will be flowering soon aswell

I noticed the tag you had included.
monopotasium phosphate which has a NPK ratio of 0-52-34, sometimes lower depending on the manufacturer.

It does seem a bit strong for continuous feeding during flowering with the 52% Phosphorus. Considered to be a non-organic fertilizer.

Fox Farms has their set of Soluble Trio of finishers. That seems to be the same idea, maybe even the same stuff. Their schedule will tell when and how much to use for the flowering stage. Might be easier to use that in the long run.

I am growing in soil and indoors. I use Super Phos Bat Guano (1-14-0 plus Calcium and a tad bit of Magnesium) in a watering at the recommended amounts as printed on the back of the bag at 2 weeks before I put the plant into flowering. Then again at the 4th week mark after flowering starts but lately I have held off on that feeding unless the plant (clone) is in a small sized pot (2 gallon). When the plant (clone) is in a larger pot as in a 3, 4, 5 gallon or larger the soil seems to have enough to carry the plant through. This summer I had plants outdoors and added one extra feeding.

As for the Potassium part I use a ground up Kelp Meal (1-0-2) mixed with water when it seems to be needed depending on the plants appearance.

''PK boosters produce a chemical change within the plant which encourages them to hit the flowering stage earlier''

this is the question im trying, to no success, ask.

so, if im in veg @SmokingWings suggests start giving the MKP two weeks before flipping to flower, then again only at the 4th week of flower as flowers start to develop.

then not at all after?

It is what I have been doing for my soil in pots plants. You brought up something in your msg which is why I have continued to work with this idea of a super phosphate feeding.
''PK boosters produce a chemical change within the plant which encourages them to hit the flowering stage earlier''

I started doing this over 2 years ago with the organic products I mentioned because I felt that the Fox Farm Trio of Finishers had not worked for my style of soil growing. About a year and a half ago, maybe a bit more, I noticed that my plants were starting to show an unusual amount of pre-flowers and a tightening of the space between nodes by the time I put them into the flowering tent. I kept testing the feeding schedule and it does seem to work. It is as if the plant is already flowering by the time the two weeks are up and I put it into the tent. Without fail the plant has the first signs of buds and stretch in 5 days.

The down side is that if I do not put the plant into the tent on schedule there is no going back even with 18 hours of light. I have to put it outside in summer sunlight to get it back into a true vegetative stage.

Incidentally, this is for plants with a heavy Indica appearance which show pre-flower pistils shortly after sexual maturity is visible. Plants which seem to have a predominantly Sativa or do not normally show a pre-flower at the nodes seem to start up in 5 to 7 days without fail with the first pistils, etc after they go into the tent with 13 hours of uninterrupted dark.
so, if im in veg @SmokingWings suggests start giving the MKP two weeks before flipping to flower, then again only at the 4th week of flower as flowers start to develop.

then not at all after?
Yep. But I suggest some experimenting with several plants which means a year or so to see if it works for you. And some experimenting with when to add and how often. I had to keep taking notes on when I added the nutrients. I have only experimented using my soil mix so when to fertilize and the frequency might be a bit different for someone using a different soil, a hydro style of grow, etc. But so far I believe that the basics are there and with some experimenting you might also get the boost in early flowering you are looking for.

start giving the MKP two weeks before flipping to flower, then again only at the 4th week of flower as flowers start to develop.
Oh, keep in mind that I am not using the "monopotassium phosphate" or the "Monobasic potassium phosphate, another name for monopotassium phosphate (KH2PO4)" that you are thinking of. I have substituted the Super Phosphate Bat Guano for the potassium and the Kelp Meal for the potassium. By separating them I am able to avoid overdosing the plants on the potassium.

I started doing this over 2 years ago with the organic products I mentioned because I felt that the Fox Farm Trio of Finishers had not worked for my style of soil growing. About a year and a half ago, maybe a bit more, I noticed that my plants were starting to show an unusual amount of pre-flowers and a tightening of the space between nodes by the time I put them into the flowering tent. I kept testing the feeding schedule and it does seem to work. It is as if the plant is already flowering by the time the two weeks are up and I put it into the tent. Without fail the plant has the first signs of buds and stretch in 5 days.
thx again @SmokingWings this is what i was trying to understand.

as always you answer a question in depth, you make it easy for us man.

really appreciate all your input and help

then not at all after?
Dont worry about chemical "boosters" your friends for faster growth are your microbes. Kelp will help as well. Those big numbers for P and K are gonna mess things up for you.

To boost microbial and plant metabolism I use malted barley ground fine add to the soil at up-can. Malted barley are enzymes which act like catalysts speeding up the microbial break down of organic matter into nutrients for plant uptake.

Back
Top Bottom