When to start feeding nutes in this particular case

flexy123

I happened to grow with unfertilized Promix and Floranova Bloom (Lucas Formula) which I use for 2+ years with excellent results. (Since Promix is unfertilized, I never had any worries w/ nutes since I simply started giving them FNB as soon as they were out of the seedling stage)

Now, I want to put some plants outside and put them in "normal", pre-fertilized potting mix, some "Cannabis soil mix" I got from the store. (Too lazy to get more Promix)

Since this mix now is pre-fertilized, it is clear that now since I repotted the plants in there they don't require any nutes YET. When can I assume that the nutes in the potting mix are depleted and that I need to start giving some?

Common sense says when they start flowering?

The plants will go outside in about a week or so, so basically quite at the moment of the longest day of the year. I am just guessing they will continue to veg for a month...but it could also be longer. Since I don't know yet how long they will veg..I am uncertain when to start thinking about giving nutes. How long will nutrients from a potting mix usually last?

Ty!

Ok cool, this is clear then, thanks! :)

No the other question...I am vegging in 18/6 now, the plants are both...guessing 3 weeks old and 6" high.
I *just* repotted them in their "outdoors" pots....and plant to put them out "in the next few days" until they got some roots in the new pots.

NOW...my major concern is whether they would start flowering? I am on 38.3 Latitude. When I read around, I get various input.

Some say it doesn't matter since the plants are still too young, others say to adjust my indoor light-schedule (but I think it's already too late there since I only have one week or so until I put them outside)....other people say not to worry, they should be fine when they had been vegged 18/6. Since I am putting them out on/about the longest day of the year....I am HOPING they won't flower and then reveg...

(In the past I always vegged indoors until they were about 50cm tall, and then for flowering outside. This time, I want to put them out for some vegging, and then later flowering.)

Back
Top Bottom