When to up pot

Here are my recommendations on watering and uppotting:

You can start using your nutes from day 1 if you like... there are no rules that say you cant.

You can start using your nutes from day 1 if you like... there are no rules that say you cant.

hi em ..
biobizz has a few nutes in the background. feeding right off the bat can be problematic.

you shouldn't need nutes in that mix for a few wks. this can create issues as the nutes available in the soil become depleted. a lot of biobizz grows have issues of when to start feeding and by how much.

watch the plants like a hawk. you need to start adding feed in incremental amounts as the plants begin to show signs of hunger as they mature. there is no set time or schedule, you have to keep a read on the plants.

biobizz can be a lot of trouble for new growers. i prefer new growers to use a neutral mix that requires feeding from the get go. find it's best for them to learn on.

edit : as for up pot - good rule of thumb is when the leaves reach the sides of the current container or start to hang over the edges.

edit : as for up pot - good rule of thumb is when the leaves reach the sides of the current container or start to hang over the edges.
I have always fed my plants from day one, even if I was in a supersoil base or ocean forest. My philosophy is that if you are going to use nutes, then nute like a boss.

As far as the leaves thing... got to strongly disagree here... I have had some Indica dominants that can exceed that rule in 3 or 4 days. The spindly roots at that time have no business being transplanted. The goal of successive uppotting is to build a root ball at each stage and if you haven't done that yet, it is NOT time to uppot. The only way to tell if this has happened is by monitoring the rate that the plant is using water. If the plant can drain the container it is in, in 24-36 hours, it is time to uppot... not before.

I have always fed my plants from day one, even if I was in a supersoil base or ocean forest. My philosophy is that if you are going to use nutes, then nute like a boss.

had to lol that :cheesygrinsmiley:

As far as the leaves thing... got to strongly disagree here... I have had some Indica dominants that can exceed that rule in 3 or 4 days. The spindly roots at that time have no business being transplanted. The goal of successive uppotting is to build a root ball at each stage and if you haven't done that yet, it is NOT time to uppot. The only way to tell if this has happened is by monitoring the rate that the plant is using water. If the plant can drain the container it is in, in 24-36 hours, it is time to uppot... not before.

it can be a bit early. personally think it's more a promix / coco type tip.

it's a generic approach meant to be used for both photos and autos, if the auto hasn't been planted in final container. it's probably meant to avoid auto plant shock going from seedling to final container.

in soil i have found if i need to feed the plant as often as 24 hrs, then i am close to, or having, other root related issues. it's been 5 yrs or so since my last one though. it was promix.

i let my hempy cups go a bit over the edges. i'm actually in need of a clone up pot. i'm creating problems leaving a couple bottled right now.

Hi all,my plants have broken soil about 3/4 days ago now,when should i up pot them and when should i start using nutes?I'm growing in biobizz light and using mega crop.
Solo cup 3/4 weeks (2weeks classed as seedling stage)

To

1gal (4weeks)/3

To

Final pot / flower/ 8L pots (4weeks/3)

To

(Wait 2 weeks) 12L pots = flower time = nice harvest

I hate to jump in but here is my question. Planted in the two solo cup deal with plants sitting in cups in containers. My girls are only one week old but I have a lot of roots, so many that they are dangling out of the drainage holes! Let them be, trim “danglers”, or up pot now? First leaves almost to edge of cups.
Sorry if anyone thinks I am high jacking the thread.

I hate to jump in but here is my question. Planted in the two solo cup deal with plants sitting in cups in containers. My girls are only one week old but I have a lot of roots, so many that they are dangling out of the drainage holes! Let them be, trim “danglers”, or up pot now? First leaves almost to edge of cups.
Sorry if anyone thinks I am high jacking the thread.
The roots are just simply following the water out to the drainage holes but it is in no way a sign that you need to up pot. Just let them dangle and don't worry about it, they are going to die anyway.
Unless your plant is using all the water you can put into that soil in 24 to 36 hours, it is not time to up pot.

Back
Top Bottom